Clear All

BB Big Stacked Late in Tourney Hand - Opinions

20 Left - 12 Paid
    €17,000 in Prizepool - €5k ftw.

Hero in BB with 200k
    Villian UTG with 160k
    Average Stack 90k
    Table 8 Handed.
    Hero & Villian are top 2 stacks at table & probably both top 4 in Tourney.

Blinds 1,200/2,400/400

Hero at the table for about 2 orbits & UTG has been quite active opening a lot for 2.5x.

Villian (UTG) opens for 5,500.

Folded to Hero in BB with A9o - Calls

Flop A47 rainbow (Pot 15,400)

Hero checks, villian bets 12,000.
    Hero Calls.

Turn Q (Pot 39,400)
    Hero Checks, villian bets 28,000)
    Hero calls.

River J (pot 95,400)
    Hero Checks, villian bets 34,400.
    Hero calls.

Thoughts on hand?

*betting figures as accurate as can be remembered.

Edit Villian had Open Folded A9 a couple of hands previous on an A high flop after being 3 bet.
    Last edited by Dice75; 11-05-11, 15:34.

Pre is awful.

Postflop is pretty villain dependent but i'm probably folding turn

Comment

Fold pre. You're dominated too often and get into ugly spots like this. Make life easier for yourself and fold.

Comment

great spot for villain to triple barrel

Comment

given that the villain has been opening a lot I prefer to 3b or fold pre - leaning towards 3bet because I hate folding

As for the hand I sometimes fold the turn and always fold the river providing the villain isnt a complete spewbox

Comment

Pre is really, really bad. It's so bad it's almost beyond description.

Just fold and stay out of spots like this. You're often dominated and end up being valuetowned.

As played I probably fold the turn but once you've called you pretty much have to call the river I guess.

There are players that are capable of triple barreling with total air here, but i'd need a pretty strong read to call down this light.

I would really, really dislike 3betting also. Just fold, seriously.
            Last edited by Moneymaker; 11-05-11, 15:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubble King Nine View Post
              given that the villain has been opening a lot I prefer to 3b or fold pre - leaning towards 3bet because I hate folding

As for the hand I sometimes fold the turn and always fold the river providing the villain isnt a complete spewbox
              villain is opening utg 8 handed

Comment

Originally posted by Tremolo1 View Post
                villain is opening utg 8 handed
                I know - 3bet here is a bluff. Villain isnt going to want to get into marginal spots with a decent stack so close to the bubble - he should fold most middle pairs and below and we have blockers to some Ax combos

Comment

I know - 3bet here is a bluff. Villain isnt going to want to get into marginal spots with a decent stack so close to the bubble - he should fold most middle pairs and below and we have blockers to some Ax combos
                  Im aware its as a bluff, just think we don't know enough about villain to 3b here oop.

Comment

Im aware its as a bluff, just think we don't know enough about villain to 3b here oop.
                    We know a little about him - hes been opening a good bit.

Also he doesnt know a lot about us

Comment

We know a little about him - hes been opening a good bit.

Also he doesnt know a lot about us
                      We don't know how he plays vs 3b's, how he plays post etc if he peels. 2 orbits just isn't a big enough sample for me imo. I take the neutral ev play and fold

Comment

I fold pre vs the other stack at the table

Comment

Not crazy about 3 betting but I prefer it to flatting with A9 in this spot. It's pretty much a insta muck for me. This board texture just smacks his UTG open range in the face. I'd fold the turn. After you call turn ya kinda have to call river too, looks a lot like your being value towned though!
                          Last edited by Carl_Morrissey; 11-05-11, 16:39. Reason: Typo
                          http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                          http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Defo fold the river anywho (u might of actually had the best hand til then), I dont care what price were being layed. Id fold this pre aswell, certainly v someone I think is good or anyway aggro.

Comment

Fold pre. Anything else is pretty bad imo but 3b has to be better than flatting. Either way, fold pre.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
                                Not crazy about 3 betting but I prefer it to flatting with A9 in this spot. It's pretty much a insta muck for me. This board texture just smacks his UTG open range in the face. I'd fold the turn. After you call turn ya kinda have to call river too, looks a lot like your being value towned though!
                                3b'ing>calling

Comment

3b'ing>calling
                                  That's what he said
                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

given he's the only other big stack at the table I'm happy to fold pre and focus on the other stacks instead.

otherwise given villain's activity I don't mind a call pre at all. I'd have let it go given strength shown on turn. If you have managed to call turn you should call river but its the slippery road to spew town if you've gotten that far...

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                      That's what he said
                                      my bad

Comment

Anyway - I was the villain here & Hero's A9 was good.

Couldnt find the shove on the river but probably should have.

Comment

Fold pre.

As played
                                          Flop fine.
                                          Turn fold.
                                          River fold. Shove anybody?
                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                            Anyway - I was the villain here & Hero's A9 was good.

Couldnt find the shove on the river but probably should have.
                                            What did you have?

given that A9 was good on an A47QJ baord were you 3xbarrelled - i'd say it was a fold pre hand

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                              What did you have?

Given that A9 was good on an A47QJ baord were you 3xbarrelled - i'd say it was a fold pre hand
                                              <A9

Comment

<A9
                                                folding to a 3bet obv

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                  folding to a 3bet obv
                                                  Probably 4 bet, fold to shove

Comment

Probably 4 bet, fold to shove
                                                    Internet kid

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                      Internet kid
                                                      Woulda saved me a lot of chips.

4 bet to c30k & either take pot or fold to 5bet shove > losing c80k to a player who cant put down A9 on 4 streets.

Unfortunately this type of player dont generally 3 bet preflop

Suppose this highlights the rule - never try to bluff a station
                                                      Last edited by Dice75; 12-05-11, 10:27.

Comment

Working...
                                                      X