thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thoughts

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 800/1600 Blinds 200 Ante (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP2 (t46174)
    MP3 (t53007)
    CO (t52813)
    Button (t24736)
    SB (t27738)
    BB (t22790)
    UTG (t13136)
    Hero (UTG+1) (t32155)
    MP1 (t21088)

Hero's M: 7.66

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J, J
    UTG bets t12936 (All-In),

try not to get stuck on "you'r m is only 7" i don't really go for that argument i much prefer the 10 BB one and to be honest 7-8BB is quite often enough
    the bubble has just bust

anyhow my options

shove (to try and isolate the raiser)

call (but facce a possible re-raise)

fold (its not strong enough if you get another caller)

what would you do and why?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

insta shove, guy has 8 bb's and about to go into blinds so he'll be down to 6 1/2, he's gonna shove any pair, some players suited connectors, any ace, any high king

I shove anyways
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Shove, you've 20 bb's, and a really good hand, pretty standard.

Calling here is terrible, never call with half your stack off with 20 bb's, you cant call - fold as your pot commited. , so just shove it. You only want to play heads up with the hand anyway.

Comment

Yeah Id hate calling here. Youd kinda have to call a shove behind anyway, so you may as well just ship the loots in. Cold if you got cold called by QQ+.
        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

you have ~20BBs and JJ anything other than shoving after he shoves is a mistake,

i would reshove AQ+ 88+ vs a random my range can widden and tighten vs different opponents
          http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

folding is not an option, perfect spot to shove, what are you waiting for if you want to win tournaments take these spots

Comment

Shoving is obviously the best option, anything else is pretty bizarre tactics

Comment

thats pretty much what i thought and thats what i did. was just wondering what people thought of JJ here as it is one of thoose hands that looks great but is very often beaten especially when played from early position. i was not worried about my stack size and actually loosing this hand to the UTG raiser would have left me with 13BBs which i would have been comfortable with given that it was a very soft table, just after the bubble had burst a MP short stack pushed for 3BBs and the rest of the table folded including the BB

i toyed with the idea of just flat calling hoping that one of the bigger stacks might push with AK AQ or smaller PP, but decided against this so i pushed to isolate the raiser.
                Last edited by Angry-Ball; 11-03-10, 10:46.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Working...
                X