SB calls

Hero calls (Kd 8d) (61k)

Flop 5d 6c 7d

SB checks

Hero checks

CO checks

BTN raises 7700 (65k)

Just looking for opinions on what way to play the hand now. Pot 22100
          Id fold pre probably you have flopped as good as you ever will with k8sooted.

I think raising or shipping even is fine if we raise were getting it in so i just ship hopefully adding 35% to my stack.

Also possible you get original bettor to fold hands like 99 1010
          however the other guys can also have a hand but on sucha draw heavy board im thinking a set leads out here
          easy ship

Comment

Originally posted by EmptyNoodle View Post
            Level?
            It's his exit hand.

Anything other than shoving is bad here.

Huge drawing hand..fold equity...shove..shit i didn't hit..

I'd fold pre tbh

ul Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Horney View Post
              It's his exit hand.

Anything other than shoving is bad here.

Huge drawing hand..fold equity...shove..shit i didn't hit..

I'd fold pre tbh

ul Adam
              Dont ever shove!!! Shoving is lol bad. Your hand becomes completely face up for what it is - a draw! Easy call for most one pair-type hands

Playing 50 bbs in this spot, the optimal play is to raise to something in the region of 19k and call a shove.

Another option I like here is to call and CRAI on blank turns. The reason I like this is that raising the flop will never fold out any two pair/overpair hands, as most players will shove assuming that draws are a big part of your range for check-raising the flop. Check raising the turn looks way stronger and most opponents will assume made hands are a far bigger part of your range for check raising the turn than the flop.

To make this play though, you need to know your opponents pretty well, ie. will they EVER fold those hands and will their bet siZing ever allow you to make this play.

Comment

Originally posted by NicoSanty View Post
                Dont ever shove!!! Shoving is lol bad. Your hand becomes completely face up for what it is - a draw! Easy call for most one pair-type hands

Playing 50 bbs in this spot, the optimal play is to raise to something in the region of 19k and call a shove.

Another option I like here is to call and CRAI on blank turns. The reason I like this is that raising the flop will never fold out any two pair/overpair hands, as most players will shove assuming that draws are a big part of your range for check-raising the flop. Check raising the turn looks way stronger and most opponents will assume made hands are a far bigger part of your range for check raising the turn than the flop.

To make this play though, you need to know your opponents pretty well, ie. will they EVER fold those hands and will their bet siZing ever allow you to make this play.
                I agree its player dependent with how you proceed. I'm check raising the flop here all the time with these stack sizes.

Flatting the flop and check raising the turn when a brick falls looks very strong and will work a lot more against competent opponents. Plus you need huge balls to do it and simply i don't have them . Would rather get it in while i have a large chunk of equity.

All depends on what you think the villians range is. I reckon its more profitable to play it a little faster.

Interested to hear what others have to say.

Comment

I want to get called on the flop he may put you on a draw but not a straight and flush draw. 61% favourite against an overpair to the board. He won't be folding sets or two pairs on brick turns anyway.

Comment

call and crai pretty much any turn

Comment

The sb has folded I assume? As played I make it 21k and jam turn if called. Pity you're not a little deeper or you could be shoving turn for a bigger fraction of the pot or a little shallower so crai wouldn't be an overbet. Check shoving is a bit of an overbet but at least you get the last bet in so I spose thats fine too and certainly not lol bad. I think I prefer a bet/3bet ship flop line tbh. Not a fan of going for a turn crai as we're oop and a lot of people are going to pot control the turn without a monster multiway. Even if they don't pot control and bet again with say 99 or A7s they'll be getting a decent price on a call as we're only 50bbs deep - plus our equity is halved(assuming we miss on the turn obv).

fwiw I'd probably fold or squeeze pre. Most likely fold

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Harper View Post
                        Blinds 600 1200 Ante 100

CO raises 3400

BTN calls

SB calls

Hero calls (Kd 8d) (61k)

Flop 5d 6c 7d

SB checks

Hero checks

CO checks

BTN raises 7700 (65k)

Just looking for opinions on what way to play the hand now. Pot 22100

Ended up shipping the flop, hoping to take it down without goin to showdown and if called have big draws and fav against alot of hands.Got called by the button

Turn 6d

Gave me th 2nd nut flush with an open end strait flush draw... so it would have been goin in now.

River Jc

BTN Ad Jd

Taught it was big call by him on just a flush draw, couldnt have taught his ace was live in a spot like that for his tournament life

Comment

Easy call for most one pair-type hands
                          thats not a problem, we are favourite against all one pair-type hands

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                            thats not a problem, we are favourite against all one pair-type hands
                            When he says easy call for one pair hands, obv that means everything better too.

We flip with some of his calling range and are behind to more of it. We are not getting the fold equity we think because we are turning our hand face up, and not folding out anything thats ahead of us.

It takes courage but I admit I like the thought of calling and c/r the turn

Comment

Disagree pretty much complety with those who want to get the wages in on the turn. Our hands whole strength is just how much peeps fold and we take it down there and then (ie if anyone bets the turn and then folds there then their defo in the minority), happy days if we get called by one pair hands on the flop, Id defo lean towards raise/calling but not a great deal wrong with a shove imo.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                Id defo lean towards raise/calling
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X