SE Monthly Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SE Monthly Hand

This hand was discussed a lot after it was over and I'm not sure how I played it and I know the others would prob be interested to hear feedback on it so hear goes.

SE Monthly Game - Blinds 300/600 50

Downtown (SB) playing c. 32k. As far as am aware has been pretty solid during tourn having not spent much table time with him. During the time I did was involved in a hand where he 4 bet bluff folded to a shove. (has just joined the table a couple of hands before)

Hatedajacks (UTG) playing c. 35k. Been at the table for a while with him, no craziness that I've witnessed.

Me (CUTOFF) playing c.35k. Have been increasingly opening pots on the table but never reaching showdown.

Hatedajacks opens to 1600
    Folded to me in the cutoff and I flat with JJ

Downtown makes it 4k from the sb and back to Hatedajacks who flats the 4k after a bit of a dwell. I also flat the 4k (???)

Flop comes 9 hi (9,8,6...i think) with 2 spades.

Downtown leads for 7k, Hatedajacks folds after a long dwell and action back on me....

What is my action here? Does Rorys bet look super strong? Should the 4bet bluff I was involved in with him earlier have any reckoning on the hand.... Also, wouldnt mind hearing views on preflop

If anyone else at table/involved in hand wants to chime in please do.

I'd normally 3bet from the CO with JJ, but i'm also 3betting weaker hands in that position. I don't mind the initial flat tho.

Once Rory 3bets and Kev calls, i'm shipping there 99 times out of 100. 10k+ already in the pot and i'm not mad about playing JJ 3 way. Rory's line is strong, but if i don't think he's 3betting 9s,8s or 6s. He could have the overpair or hit a straight/flushdraw and continued. I think i get it in as played

Comment

I think its really unlikely that he's 3betting light here pf so his hand looks super strong cbetting into two players on a really wet board in a 3bet pot.

If his pf range is: QQ+, AQo+, AQs+ and he cbets 100% then we have 50% equity and a shove is good but i think its more likely that his cbetting range here is QQ+, AQss, AKss in which case we only have ~15% equity.

I like a fold.

Also I think pf is fine I'm not 3betting here unless im willing to get it in and against a relatively solid UTG raiser with over 50bbs im not getting it in.

Comment

I think i'm shoving pre. Calling is pretty ugly imo as we're gonna be put in some horrible spots post-flop on any flop w/o a Jack on it. Folding is pretty weak, but I prefer it to calling for that exact reason. It's possible HDJ has AA/KK and flatted to let Rory hang himself or for you to shove so that's my one reason for not jamming pre.

On the flop as played I think i'm going to call and evaluate the turn. Rory is capable of firing here as he knows it looks v strong and that neither one of you most likely doesn't have a big hand.

A call on that board looks very strong and will almost certainly slow Rory down and you may get to showdown fairly cheaply. There's still about a pot size bet left to play behind almost so we are in no way committed if we call the flop. As played folding an overpair to a good player vs one bet seems too weak to me. I would let it go if he bets the turn as he'd be crazy to be bluffing if we call the flop, imo.

I think the flat is fine too vs an UTG raise. When it gets back around to us though I am shoving.
        Last edited by Moneymaker; 03-05-11, 17:06.

Comment

3Bet pre is my normal line, but I prob flat about 20% of the time, certainly nothing wrong with it imo.
          When Rory raises, its makes it a tricky spot, getting nearly 4.5/1 I hate folding - there are some many puke flops for you.
          Best line is the pf CRAI and hope to take the 10k+ down there and then

As played - I fold, don't think we have enough equity against his 3 way c-bet in a 3bet pot range (has to be an easier way to say that )

Comment

shove when it comes back round to you.

Comment

Shove pre instead of calling 4k, Your basically set mining. You have a good hand stop being a nit. As played just fold the flop, i'm guessing since theres a thread about it the hand got to showdown.
              https://twitter.com/#!/PadraigONeill89

Comment

Originally posted by anymorejokes View Post
                Shove pre instead of calling 4k, Your basically set mining. You have a good hand stop being a nit. As played just fold the flop, i'm guessing since theres a thread about it the hand got to showdown.
                This is awful over 50bb's deep against an UTG raising range.

Shove when it comes back around

edit: thought you meant 1600 man im tired
                Last edited by Tremolo1; 04-05-11, 02:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremolo1 View Post

That's what he said

Comment

edit: thought you meant 1600 man im tired
                    I guess i could have worded it better
                    https://twitter.com/#!/PadraigONeill89

Comment

any ideas as to what that weird 3-bet size is about? i'm with the masses on the backraise allin pf, great spot for it. as played i'd call the flop.
                      results are interesting....sb flop a straight or somesuch?

Comment

I with the shove it in pre gang. SO much in there and gets through so much. Once we get there as played I like anything that doesnt involve folding.

Comment

Originally posted by BuChan View Post
                          any ideas as to what that weird 3-bet size is about? i'm with the masses on the backraise allin pf, great spot for it. as played i'd call the flop.
                          results are interesting....sb flop a straight or somesuch?
                          +1 very interested to hear thoughts and Downtown's reasoning for 3b size

Comment

With the people saying a shove pre after the 3bet and the flat, could it not be likely that Kev would be flatting with a monster to induce a shove? I suppose that makes the flat call of the 4k a bit meh alright tho

Comment

+1 very interested to hear thoughts and Downtown's reasoning for 3b size
                              My 3 bet size was a misclick. Meant to make it 5k

Comment

I havent posted here because I know the results but I think this hand is equally as interesting from Hatethejacks and Downtowns point of view

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                  I havent posted here because I know the results but I think this hand is equally as interesting from Hatethejacks and Downtowns point of view
                                  I have A7 of spades.

miss turn and river to go busto.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                    With the people saying a shove pre after the 3bet and the flat, could it not be likely that Kev would be flatting with a monster to induce a shove? I suppose that makes the flat call of the 4k a bit meh alright tho
                                    Yes, I said that in my post. I'm still shoving though.

To quote Tony G 'You trapped me, you trapped me.'

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                    I have A7 of spades.

miss turn and river to go busto.
                                    Ste shoved the flop and you snapped off then yeah?

Do you cbet if you whiff the flop Rory?
                                    Last edited by Moneymaker; 04-05-11, 15:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post

yarp

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post

I'm not sure, I was a bit pissed that I made it 4k and priced both in. I think if I had of missed I would of just check/folded alot of wet flops and led out small on dryer boards.

Kev had AK.

Because the structure is so long, I find that players really tend to play tight in it and fold 90% of marginal spots. Any success in this tournament has been based on gathering chips in the early deep levels when players tend to "wait" a bit more. So I thought I'd take control of the pot pre and take Kev esp out of his comfort zone.

Also I had just been moved to the table and wanted to see how the players reacted to my raise. I had forgotten that Ste was at my table earlier for one hand where he saw me 4 bet fold. After he called me pre, I said to myself "oh shit thats the dude that saw me 4 bet fold!, Rory you are an idiot!".

Once I hit the flop so hard, Im never folding.

Interesting to see how weakly AK and JJ were played to be honest. Kinda makes me believe in my strategy (although Im aware that after this I may have to change it!. I think Ste would have folded JJ if he didnt see my 4 bet/fold earlier.

No regrets, played a pot for a huge chip lead with a good bit of fold equity not to mention 57% fav on the flop. Unlucky to run into the top of Ste's range there. AA,KK,QQ certainly not in his range, and I didnt think JJ would be either after he just flatted the 3 bet with so much in the middle.

Wondering how it would of played out if I had made it 5k. Probably the same??

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                          yarp
                                          Don't like your shove tbh. You're rarely if ever in good shape if called.

I see a turn and go from there.

Thanks for the post Rory, good insight. Must really start playing this game again. Try not to lick your lips too much.

Comment

Quite simply,if u had made it 5000 i would have shoved. I will honestly say i was totally confused by your betsize and read it as v strong.
                                            I play with you alot and like most good playes u wouldnt like playing a Multi way pot out of postition so i didnt get why u priced us in.
                                            I read it as monster and didnt feel re shoving for 55 b blinds was the right thing to do.
                                            It was only afterwards i heard u were playing a bit wild on the other table.
                                            As i said u make it 5000 i see it a squeeze and re shove with out any worries.
                                            Now stop stalking my ex on Facebook u big creep.

Comment

If you just peel pre you might win this hand rory, dont like the 3bet (even if you made it 5k) as its pretty likely that Ste can have 88-JJ, JJ is top of the range probably. I'd peel Kevs open with JJ alot and then be happy when you 3bet and Kev calls. Shove when it gets back to you though Ste. Your gonna get called by worse hands for sure plus its very likely that your just gonna get it through. Kev really should've been the one to win the hand after the 3bet from Rory though, just 4 bet get it in aswell with AK as it looks stronger and might get Rory to fold some decent pairs and Ste would probably have to fold the JJ, i would against you anyway.

Comment

Agreed Mark,as i said just a miss read on the 3 bet size.i would be re shoving lighter than AK if raise had of been standard.My mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                  Agreed Mark,as i said just a miss read on the 3 bet size.i would be re shoving lighter than AK if raise had of been standard.My mistake!
                                                  LOL at this! you would of been peeling/folding Kings on a non K high board you nit!

Comment

Originally posted by AKQJ10 View Post
                                                    If you just peel pre you might win this hand rory, dont like the 3bet (even if you made it 5k) as its pretty likely that Ste can have 88-JJ, JJ is top of the range probably. I'd peel Kevs open with JJ alot and then be happy when you 3bet and Kev calls. Shove when it gets back to you though Ste. Your gonna get called by worse hands for sure plus its very likely that your just gonna get it through. Kev really should've been the one to win the hand after the 3bet from Rory though, just 4 bet get it in aswell with AK as it looks stronger and might get Rory to fold some decent pairs and Ste would probably have to fold the JJ, i would against you anyway.
                                                    I was def folding the Jacks there if Kev 4bets but the bet size and flat confused me a lot at the time. Should have shoved pre after the action

Comment

BACK RAISE HIM

Comment

nits itt! don't think A7 suited is a good hand for that play, especially considering stacks, opponents and position.

Comment

Sounds like OP unwilling set up Downtown perfectly to make a squeeze. Defo should have shoved it when it came back around to you.

Comment

Working...
                                                          X