Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Punchestown/Chester Festival 2011 (No Finkles allowed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punchestown/Chester Festival 2011 (No Finkles allowed)

Starting tomorrow through to Saturday. Who will people be putting their hard earned on over the week??

My two antipost horses are Willie Mullins' two hometown heroes Golden Silver 5/1 in the champion chase and Kempes 4/1 in the Gold Cup. Both of whom won at the festival last year, both of whom have pretty dire records outside Ireland. GS would probably prefer a little cut in the ground but won this race last year on good so it isn't a huge issue. Strong renewal with the front 4 from Cheltenham going but he looks the value at current prices going by his strong Irish form.
    Last edited by The Situation; 02-05-11, 11:20.
    Profit before people.

Thread title tilts me horribly.

Fancy Sizing Europe to uphold the CC form

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
      Thread title tilts me horribly.
      . Pretty standard I thought.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
        . Pretty standard I thought.
        It would be if it was a featival.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
          It would be if it was a featival.
          I looked at that numerous times after Finkels post and didn't see that mistake. Can't even blame a hangover
          Profit before people.

Comment

Gonna have a look at the past 5 or so punchestown festivals and see if the cheltenham winners do well at this meeting.

Comment

Tuesday Race Card:

15:40 Cross Country Chase (3m)
              16:20 Grade 1 Novice Hurdle (2m)
              16.55 Extended Hanidcap (2m)
              17.30 Champion Chase (2m)
              18.05 Nat Hunt Flat (2m)
              18.40 Novice Chase (3m 1f)
              19.15 Nat Hunt Flat (4YO+) (2m)

Big Zeb will surely run well in Ireland he is gone into 15/8 from 9/4 JF with Sizing Europe!

Comment

I have an e/w lucky 15 on for the day just to keep me entertained!

Otterstown Lady 20/1
                Nearest the Pin 4/1
                Golden Silver 5/1
                Quel Esprit 10/3

I also have a few pound on Kempes at 4/1 in the Gold Cup!

Comment

Just in case you don't know and want to do something silly like bet somewhere else, boyles are returning all win bets if your horse finishes 2nd today, big bets for me today for sure
                  gl all

Edit:applies to mobile and online bets only
                  Last edited by mdoug; 03-05-11, 10:45.
                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

15.40 theroadtocroker
                    16.20 the oilily
                    18.05 black zorro
                    18.40 loosen my load

small wins and a cheeky e/w accum

Comment

Golden Silver out to 6/1. They've watered the ground really well too so apparentely it's on the soft side of good which is ideal. Really looking forward to this one.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

I think Western Charmer is a decent price at 12/1 in the 6.40 if he has recovered from his Grand National exertions. He jumped beautifully that day and likes decent ground. There are doubts about the jumping of a number of his rivals.

Comment

Sizing Europe has to be backed at that price imo.
                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Big Zeb please to be free rolling the JP game

Comment

BOOM

The change in 'the ground was the difference I think. I went off Sizing

Comment

fml, didn't get to see the races today but just watched quel de esperit's race... NEVER liked jockeysless horses and this f***er cost me 200 if not more
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Think im going to this on Thursday. One the lads binked a few vip tickets so said id accompany him. should be fun.

Comment

Have to be in Dub in the morning so heading in on the way home. Hopefully I'll have a few winners even though though it looks a tough (and poor enough by Punchestown standards) card. Kempes e/w for me, and Waaheb should be taken on at the forecast prices too imo.

Comment

Jenari 6.05 ew.

Comment

empire levant, waheeb and nacarat my 3 for today
                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Just Kempes so far for me today at Punch. Hard to give the card much attention when there's a Chester meeting the same day. Richard Fahey's filly looks like a max bet in the opener from a premium draw. Overturn could take some catching in the Chester Cup too.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Lucky 15 for me today

16:40 Street Entertainer
                                            17:30 Kempes
                                            18:05 Waaheb
                                            19:15 The Engineer

Comment

Just Kempes so far for me today at Punch. Hard to give the card much attention when there's a Chester meeting the same day. Richard Fahey's filly looks like a max bet in the opener from a premium draw. Overturn could take some catching in the Chester Cup too.
                                              I put a tenner double on the 2 in Chester........ first ones good just need Overturn to do a number now!!!!

Comment

Fair play to Hanagan, he's prob going to get a ban for his efforts. Thought it was a goner when she completely missed the brake
                                                Last edited by The Situation; 04-05-11, 13:08.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

dirar have a chance?? looks a decent price @ 14s.

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                    dirar have a chance?? looks a decent price @ 14s.
                                                    obv not

great performance from overturn, great ride.

Comment

WP Sitch. I is feeling a wee bit sick for having ATR on the tv and waiting for them to put up the betting while they load on C4. Grrrrrr!

I like the looks of the Falasteen in the next one in Chester. Any thoughts?

Comment

Wish I could have thanked this more than once

tytyty

A very profitable day all round
                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

WP Sitch. I is feeling a wee bit sick for having ATR on the tv and waiting for them to put up the betting while they load on C4. Grrrrrr!

I like the looks of the Falasteen in the next one in Chester. Any thoughts?
                                                          You can't go too far wrong backing the the low draws at Chester especially at 5 furlong, tough enough handicap mark though but has a chance. Price looks about right to me.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                            Wish I could have thanked this more than once

tytyty

A very profitable day all round
                                                            Same same, much as I try to avoid aftertiming I hope The Situation and CHD are having as profitable a day as I am.

Comment

Anyone watching the Chester race able to give me cliffs once it's over please? FU C4 for not showing it!

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                Same same, much as I try to avoid aftertiming I hope The Situation and CHD are having as profitable a day as I am.
                                                                Well apart from not backing CHD's which I was FMLing afterwards it's been v profitable so far. Hopefully Kempes can round it off later but I wouldn't begrudge Kauto Star shipping it one bit.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Yea Im a big Kauto Star fan so avoiding that race.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                    Yea Im a big Kauto Star fan so avoiding that race.
                                                                    PPP are giving money back if your horse finishes 2nd to the SP favourite in Punchestown today....just saying is all.
                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Anyone watching the Chester race able to give me cliffs once it's over please? FU C4 for not showing it!
                                                                      Don't have RUK either but going by in running prices he was always over 10/1 throughout so prob never challenged.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Didn't see it, but listened to it, bad start, gave up too much ground, never had a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                          PPP are giving money back if your horse finishes 2nd to the SP favourite in Punchestown today....just saying is all.
                                                                          SP favourite?

Comment

SP = Starting price

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by Steveymac86 View Post
                                                                              I put a tenner double on the 2 in Chester........ first ones good just need Overturn to do a number now!!!!
                                                                              €178.75 winnings off that bet!!! Gentleman for the tip!!!!

Comment

#40
                                                                                Would love to see Kauto win. Having a each way and a small place bet on Rare Bob

Comment

#41
                                                                                  6 40 in punch carrigmartin was told it was a good thing from friend of my at the track!!!

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Well that was all a bit shocking. I'd say you would have got over 100/1 for the front 3 in the market not to place.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      waheeb just out in front on his own abit too long imo, 1st 2 home will be winning some races

Comment

#44
                                                                                        bleh wish I had come on earlier, well done all!

Lucky wish for me each way in this race is my only bet of the entire day, for pennies too. Looking forward to looking back at what happened with kempes and kauto star
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          sorry lads got no run for our money!!!!!

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Would love to see Kauto win. Having a each way and a small place bet on Rare Bob
                                                                                            That'll do.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              every1 taking the plunge on quevega tomorrow?? evens with william hill btw

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by healwayscallsmedonkey View Post
                                                                                                every1 taking the plunge on quevega tomorrow?? evens with william hill btw
                                                                                                It's free money.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                                  It's free money.
                                                                                                  was thinking that as well, just had the monkey on her with hills at evens just cos doubt it'll get better than that price, could possibly see her going off 4/6 ish imo

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Mikael D'hagenuet could be the next Big Bucks

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      pretty bold statement, he has to go back over hurdles anyway, jumps just weren't for him.... dont know if he can stay 3 miles or would have the cruising speed to win a world hurdle either... but he defo is a good horse

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Lumping on Quevega and putting all the winnings on Hurricane Fly on Friday! The reverse order of Cheltenham this year!!!

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          quavega is a serious price if she stays up she wins imo

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            He's has the ability and is the only horse I fear tomorrow, might have to put a saver on him just in case.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Quevega is only a 158 rated horse at the moment.

Visually the cheltenham win was ridiculous but that was only a 149 rated run.

While she may win, anyone taking 4/6 needs there head examined.

Mourad is on 154, has better form and is 4/1.

Mik Dag is 16/1 and was a 154 rated novice hurdler.

Quevega is no value

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Tips for tomorrow so Ill look like I know what im talking about tomorrow!

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                  Ladbrokes go 10/1 about Rigour Back Bob in the W/O Quevega market. It should be a 5/1 shot.
                                                                                                                  Yeah agree, hopefully it doesn't rain too much though.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                    Ladbrokes go 10/1 about Rigour Back Bob in the W/O Quevega market. It should be a 5/1 shot.
                                                                                                                    so just to clarify here
                                                                                                                    iam taking the 11/2 odds here, and this means that he either wins the race outright or finishes second to quevega to scoop the loots?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                                      so just to clarify here
                                                                                                                      iam taking the 11/2 odds here, and this means that he either wins the race outright or finishes second to quevega to scoop the loots?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                                                                                                                      The whole point Gimmeabreak is trying to make is that the 10/1 odds on offer with Ladbrokes is too big, and represents value. Going and backing it at 11/2 with PP totally defeats the purpose!

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                        The whole point Gimmeabreak is trying to make is that the 10/1 odds on offer with Ladbrokes is too big, and represents value. Going and backing it at 11/2 with PP totally defeats the purpose!
                                                                                                                        obviously iam a noob at this lark
                                                                                                                        well thats that then
                                                                                                                        i don't have a laddies a/c

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X