Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA 50BB Deep

9 Handed, 50BB deep, blinds 500/1000 Ante 100

Tight image but have been more active since break (antes introduced) but only showed down good hands.

Open raise AA in LP for 3200, called by SB (poor laggy player, extremely active, got his whole tank in a couple of times with draws & hit, only player at table covering me)

Flop QJ4 rainbow, check, I bet 5,250, called

Turn 7, check, at this stage I put him on on Qx or Jx, I bet 10k, called. Didn't like the call here but QQ or JJ is out as he reraises pre, possibly 44 or a flopped 2 pair prob QJ or just air (possible with this villain).

River 4, no flush on board, check, I value bet 12.5k looking for a call or a jam; if he had 44 here then well played. I snap when he jams to be shown 45o

Opinions please.

I think you can safely fold to jam on river. As you said, you have a tight image and have just shown total strength by betting 4 streets. Most players will never ever consider bluffing in that spot so just make the fold. Played fine apart from sizing and river call imo. I bet less everywhere except river, where i would consider shoving depending on pot size.
    Last edited by ikilldurrr1; 29-04-11, 23:00.

Comment

Unlucky, y u raise more than 3x pre? is this your standard open? noting really wrong with how u played it prob just sizing but w/e
      ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
      I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by ikilldurrr1 View Post
        I think you can safely fold to jam on river. As you said, you have a tight image and have just shown total strength by betting 4 streets. Most players will never ever consider bluffing in that spot so just make the fold. Played fine apart from sizing and river call imo. I bet less everywhere except river, where i would consider shoving depending on pot size.
        Agree about sizing, i'd been betting smaller but as I was HU against this particular villain I wanted to get 3 streets of value as he was terrible & a station (had to be seen to be believed).

When the board pairs 4's I felt it was the 2nd best card to come for me giving my AA 2 pair protection. Can't see how he has a set here unless he floated with 77 & hit gin on the turn.

I was never checking behind on the river; I value bet & had decided to call any raise/jam as this guy has 100% the top pair/2 pair jam in his arsenal even against a TAG; don't really think he gave table image much of a thought at all TBH.
        Last edited by TM2204; 29-04-11, 23:08.

Comment

Your bet sizing is bad why make it 3.2k you should make it 2.5k pre. Your c bet then can be about 3.8k followed by a turn c bet of about 8.5k.

The hand plays so different and you are way less commited.
          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Thinking again if he is as bad as you say then i dont think the hand is even worth posting. Also if he is that bad i dont think bet sizing is as important as i will try inflate the pot as much as possible.
            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
              9 Handed, 50BB deep, blinds 500/1000 Ante 100

Tight image but have been more active since break (antes introduced) but only showed down good hands.

Open raise AA in LP for 3200, called by SB (poor laggy player, extremely active, got his whole tank in a couple of times with draws & hit, only player at table covering me)

Flop QJ4 rainbow, check, I bet 5,250, called

Turn 7, check, at this stage I put him on on Qx or Jx, I bet 10k, called. Didn't like the call here but QQ or JJ is out as he reraises pre, possibly 44 or a flopped 2 pair prob QJ or just air (possible with this villain).

River 4, no flush on board, check, I value bet 12.5k looking for a call or a jam; if he had 44 here then well played. I snap when he jams to be shown 45o

Opinions please.
              Fold pre

Comment

But you only beat a bluff. He is not value raising worse ever imo. You still will have approx 20bbs left if my maths is right. Plenty to get back in it.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                  Thinking again if he is as bad as you say then i dont think the hand is even worth posting. Also if he is that bad i dont think bet sizing is as important as i will try inflate the pot as much as possible.
                  This was 100% my thinking and I wasn't gonna bother posting TBH Really just venting.

Agree with your previous post re bet sizing and this was ~ the way i'd been playing.

Comment

But you only beat a bluff. He is not value raising worse ever imo. You still will have approx 20bbs left if my maths is right. Plenty to get back in it.
                    We have on idea what size tourney this is
                    is it live online?
                    guy could have jq here rarely but possible some sort of draw 9 10 , k 10 also unlikey
                    if hes calling down with bottom pair hes certainly capable of getting it in with hands we beat

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                      We have on idea what size tourney this is
                      is it live online?
                      guy could have jq here rarely but possible some sort of draw 9 10 , k 10 also unlikey
                      if hes calling down with bottom pair hes certainly capable of getting it in with hands we beat
                      Voodoo Behemoth 25k €40 deepstack tonight.

Comment

I don't think you can assume because he calls light, he is capable of check raising river as a bluff after calling 3 streets against tight player. Maybe my assumptions are off too but in my experience stations never ever bluff in that spot against such strength.

Comment

I don't think you can assume because he calls light, he is capable of check raising river as a bluff after calling 3 streets against tight player. Maybe my assumptions are off too but in my experience stations never ever bluff in that spot against such strength.
                          Ya your right like if he shoved river we would be in better shape usually.

Comment

Agree and this would be my thinking normally but I don't think this villain thinks he's bluff raining the river; he would 100% do this with 2 pair even top pair thinking he was good. If he put me on AQ or AJ he prob thought he could blow me off the hand given my image.

My logic could be way off here but when he jams I was 100% sure I was good. Didn't doubt it for a second and i snap called.

Comment

Bet folding river is terrible given stack size,
                              Only bet if you are calling a shove, I prefer check behind I think, can't ever see worse in his range calling

Comment

what's going on here. You can raise a little smaller pre for sure. in fact I would say you should. flop turn and river are all bets. I prob open to 2.2k pre, bet 3.4k on flop, 8.75k on turn and overshove the river or bet/small and call depending on image and opponent

Comment

bet sizing is poor here, id make it 2.5 pre, as for flop c bet 3.1k, turn 4.5k and as for river value maybe 7k but once he jams its a snap fold plus i might just prefer to check river back

Comment

I bet river because i think there is value. He calls with a queen i'm sure. I fold to shove because i don't think he's bluffing us given our line. If OP has a read that he is capable of bluffing here (most live people aren't), calling is obv fine but without that read writing it off as 30bb loss is best imo. The sizing messes whole hand up. If i played it, i min raise pre, half pot flop, half pot turn and half to 3/4 pot river.

Comment

I bet river because i think there is value. He calls with a queen i'm sure. I fold to shove because i don't think he's bluffing us given our line. If OP has a read that he is capable of bluffing here (most live people aren't), calling is obv fine but without that read writing it off as 30bb loss is best imo. The sizing messes whole hand up. If i played it, i min raise pre, half pot flop, half pot turn and half to 3/4 pot river.
                                      With smaller bet sizing on all streets i'm less committed and even with my read on this villain I could have gotten away. Agreed.

However as it was the bet sizing was chosen specifically to isolate this extremely active & loose station as I knew I could extract 4 streets of value and win a large pot; his whole stack if he hit top pair.

When the 4 hit on the river I was 100% sure it was the 2nd nut card for my hand and I made my mind up before CR the river that I was calling anything he fired back. Could not see a 4 in his hand & could not see how I was losing to this specific villain.

Comment

Yeah the 4 is a great card for our hand so we value bet river but once he check raises river we have to reassess imo. I think he could have slowplayed jj and qq too especially against your perceived tight range 50bbs deep. I just think the majority of players can never be bluffing in this spot but if your read is he can just spew off 50bbs by turning missed draws into bluffs, then your call is fine but other than that it's a fold.

Comment

This guy never has JJ or QQ. 100% sure of that given all that had gone on previously.

As I stated I decided before I bet river that I was going with my read and calling any bet he fired back with.

Against normal villain and with smaller bets, hence a smaller pot, im less committed and can easily let this go when i'm CRAI but I could not see how I was beaten by this guy and I read him for a 2 pair hand or even just top pair.

So I guess the question here is do you inflate the pot on all streets holding AA HU against this particular type of opponent or do you stick to your standard betting patterns, risk less, potentially win less but give yourself the option of escaping even though you feel you must be good.

I felt in this case against this guy that I had too much invested and would be good too often to fold the river. I decided this before I bet river.
                                          Last edited by TM2204; 02-05-11, 14:40.

Comment

Working...
                                          X