Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raising question deep in a mtt

argument me and my friend had

13 left in the 35k on fulltilt (7.5k for 1st...bit of an overlay btw) and we're coming 12th with 13bbs.
    7handed blinds 5k/10k 1k folded to us in the co with a5o with roughly 130k.
    dont have hh or stats but the players left in the hand all have us covered. the button and sb have like 270k and 250k and bb has like 160k.we have a tightish image from the last 4 tables down.

My question here is which of the 2 do you think is best: folding or 2xing?
    we were arguing as the timer was counting down

its 7handed and we have an A in the co and stand to make 2.2bbs to add to our 13bb stack if we raise and it gets through + we have a tightish image built. we're the bb in 3 hands also.

but my friend thought it was an easy fold because we want to preserve our stack for 3bet shoving spots where we still have good fold-equity and bcause its so bad having to raise-fold to a shove in this spot 13bbs

we hate raise-folding 13bbs deep but that is prob what we're going to have to do if we're shoved on here. This then leaves our stack down to 11bbs where we have less fold equity for 3bet-shoving.

imo this raise gets thru enough of the time to do it but he was going on like it was a stndrd fold...opinions please

shoving is another option but that didnt come into our heads at all as we felt it was bad in this spot so near the ft

Theres no play only shoving, 2.2x raise/fold is the worst option.

Fwiw i dont think you have 'good' fold equity for a 3bet shove, you have some fold equity and after the blinds hit you'll have none.

The best option of the 2 you gave would be fold, but its a shove all day long.

You already have a tight image as you said, now you want to make chips around the FT bubble not cramp up and wait for the FT. I Probably shove 22+ Ax+ K2s+ KTo+ Q8s+ QTo+ J8s+ JTo+ 9Ts 89s 78s

Comment

Fold.
      I dont think there is much in it here between a shove and a fold.
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Shoving > Folding > 2.2x raising

Comment

Yeah you're actually doing something wrong if shoving never entered your mind when you have 13bbs. There's no way you have a hope of winning the tournament if you're not going to shove light with <15bbs

Makes if worse that you chose to tag team with a bloke that never mentioned shove either

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
            Shoving > Folding > 2.2x raising
            This ^^^

On a side note just wondered why "The cut off seat" was called "The cut off seat" and came accross this fail

Originally posted by Cutoff Seat

1.Noun

In a game with blinds, the seat immediately to the left of the dealer's position.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: A player who joins the table after missing the blinds is typically not allowed to start on the button. Instead, the player must wait one hand and begin in the cutoff seat.

EXAMPLE: "I decided to post in the cutoff seat rather than wait almost an entire orbit to post on the big blind."

APPLIES TO: Online and Land-based Venues

RELATED TERMS: Big Blind, Blind Game, Button, Seat Position, Seat Shot, Small Blind

Comment

I am always shoving here

Comment

OK had another look at this.

You shove and are called you are usually a 2/1 dog.

So you call and win = 150 * .34 = +51k
                Call and lose = 130 * .66 = -85k

To make it +EV we need to get through about 2 out of three times without a call which I reckon we will here.

Shove is good to go.
                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

As everyone has said ye are basically 2 bald men fighting over how best to comb hair.

Just to add no good player will r/f to a shove of less than 15 bbs unless it's a very special situation ie bvb/bubble/your image is weak tight. This is because they will be aware of all relevant stack sizes before making any decision and adjust accordingly.
                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Definitely a shove. Even if the players behind are calling optimally from a cEv point of view (which they won't be), A4o+ is an equilibrium shove. Shallow, getting shorthanded, with antes, you can't be passing up any plus Ev shoves.

Raise folding is easily the worst option. Surprisingly a lot of (mediocre) regs do it, which means gurriers like me with reship the likes of J8s+ over them once I've seen them do it once (and given them the "Unorthodox raise folds" note).
                    My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

It's pretty bad to consider bet/fold here
                      It's shocking that shoving wasn't even considered for a second.
                      The fact that two of you were palying the hand makes both of these even worse.

Comment

Original post must be a wind-up.

Comment

Originally posted by RacingSilver View Post
                          Original post must be a wind-up.
                          A post worth waiting over a year for!

Comment

All in or fold. Im shoving here everytime unless the next pay jump is needed to pay the rent or something.

Comment

Working...
                            X