andriod help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

andriod help

ok, so i bought a samsung galaxy android last week and strangely it doesnt come with any instructions so i need some help.

first of all when i try to connect to pc with usb it doesnt register on the phone. it recognizes the phone as a charger. if i then restart the pc the usb icon appears on the phone but as soon as the pc fully boots it disappears again.

second problem... i had the penetrate app on the phone (router hack) just to see if it was any use. i then installed the avg security app and it deleted the penetrate app. now ive gone into market to look for it again and it wont bring it up along with any similar ones. I uninstalled avg and it still wont show them.

Next thing is the voice recognition. I want to be able to ring numbers with it but know know how to. If anyone can help would be much appreciated.

Its an amazing piece of equipment and i really recommend them but they are very frustrating at the same time!

Originally posted by alocon View Post
    ok, so i bought a samsung galaxy android last week and strangely it doesnt come with any instructions so i need some help.

first of all when i try to connect to pc with usb it doesnt register on the phone. it recognizes the phone as a charger. if i then restart the pc the usb icon appears on the phone but as soon as the pc fully boots it disappears again.
    Probably set to connect in charge mode when you connect via USB. You can change this to disk/usb mode from he main 'pull down' menu on top

second problem... i had the penetrate app on the phone (router hack) just to see if it was any use. i then installed the avg security app and it deleted the penetrate app. now ive gone into market to look for it again and it wont bring it up along with any similar ones. I uninstalled avg and it still wont show them.
    Think that App's been 'pulled' from the Market for obv reasons. I can't find it in any case.

Next thing is the voice recognition. I want to be able to ring numbers with it but know know how to. If anyone can help would be much appreciated.
    Not sure about this one but just Google it and you will get an answer.

Its an amazing piece of equipment and i really recommend them but they are very frustrating at the same time!
    Not so frustrating after you get used to all the in's & out's. Give it a bit more than a week

Comment

thanks for the reply. I cant find any usb options in the pull down menu. Just wi/fi b/t gps sound and auto rotation with notifications below. When i first plug it in, the phone doesnt doesnt recognise it all but the pc does. it brings up the wizard and asks do i want to use the internet to download any relevant software. I have no internet so would that effect it? I thought this wouldnt make a difference. It also doesnt appear when I open my computer.

Then when i restart the pc the phone immediately recognises it when it logs out of windows. I pull the drop down menu and hit connect to usb and it connects but as soon as it logs into windows the the phone goes back to the home screen, usb symbol disappears and it starts loading the sd card???

Comment

go to the samsung website and you can download the full manual for your phone, which should answer a good few of your questions

Comment

i tried that initially man (im not that thick ha) but unfortunately it hasn't given me any solutions.

Comment

thanks for the reply. I cant find any usb options in the pull down menu. Just wi/fi b/t gps sound and auto rotation with notifications below. When i first plug it in, the phone doesnt doesnt recognise it all but the pc does. it brings up the wizard and asks do i want to use the internet to download any relevant software. I have no internet so would that effect it? I thought this wouldnt make a difference. It also doesnt appear when I open my computer.

Then when i restart the pc the phone immediately recognises it when it logs out of windows. I pull the drop down menu and hit connect to usb and it connects but as soon as it logs into windows the the phone goes back to the home screen, usb symbol disappears and it starts loading the sd card???
            When you plug the phone into the pc, unlock your screen and a menu should be there for mount/tether/charge only. At least it does for me, but I don't have a samsung. I'd presume it wouldn't be different though.

Comment

Working...
            X