Grand National 2011 - Aintree Thread

Aintree @ 16:15

Is there any word on this or should I just stick a pin in the paper and back whatever it lands on???

I think Merigo/Hello Bud have won twice over 4m before and are both at 25/1 on PP.

What a Friend was into 11's from 25's back out to 12's now, he looked good at Cheltenham!

Basically just need to find a horse that wont fall........
    Last edited by nicnicnic; 08-04-11, 00:27.

BlueSeaCracker with a feather weight for me.I'm on @ 60/1 before JP purchased her.Lots of hefty bets landed by the Cork poker community when she landed last years Irish National.
    I'm also going to have an interest in Niche Market as I think he is the best chance from Nicholl's stable.

Is this on today

Sat.

Aintree starts tomorrow.

I was thinking there'd be a bit more of a hoohah alright...

Hello Bud @ 25/1.

Stepdad owns it. Won the Aintree Hurdle over these fences this year and jumped like a stag (direct quote from commentary). Twiston-Davies' yard is in flying form and when the weights were announced Nigel rang the auld lad and told him Hello Bud was going to win it at that weight.

I got on at 40's. Come on the Bud!

Hello Bud @ 25/1.

Stepdad owns it. Won the Aintree Hurdle over these fences this year and jumped like a stag (direct quote from commentary). Twiston-Davies' yard is in flying form and when the weights were announced Nigel rang the auld lad and told him Hello Bud was going to win it at that weight.

he's 60s on betfair

Hello Bud @ 25/1.

Nigel thinks every donkey he sends out to run can win. Nice to be optimistic and all but he borders on the ridiculous.

Horse is also too old imo to win the national. No 13 year old or older has won in the last 87 years

Hello Bud @ 25/1.

They were jumping the National fences in a hurdle race, that id like to see

Hello Bud @ 25/1.

I backed him last year when i thought he just didnt get home but i guess i'll have to have
                    a saver on him now.
                    I backed Golden Kite (66/1) after he won the Munster National,he still has pounds in hand of the handicapper,will love good ground,jumps for fun and will stay all day only problem is he still isnt guaranteed to run but if he dosnt show up on saturday then hes a confident choice for Easter Monday

Cant see Blueseecracker winning on good ground,the fact that shes supposedly bought on the condition that the previous owners get 50% of prize money won in the next 12 months makes me think she was bought for breeding

They were jumping the National fences in a hurdle race, that id like to see
                      Becher Chase. My bad.

Yeah and is in off the same weight, he is 13 though which would be very unusual and would be much happier if Paddy Brennan was on board rather than Sam, I know he was on board for the Beecher but would always go for experience in this race particularly, gl though!

Arbor Supreme E/W at 20's is my selection. Only a length behind the fav at fairyhouse. In at a nice low weight and has form on good- good/soft. Hopefully he doesn't unseat the rider this year.

it is some card tomorrow.

R1. Big Bucks will win. It is worth chancing a place lay on Grand Crus
                            R2. Zarkandar is a moral certainty - put more on him, and then some more.
                            R3. Nacarat was deffo overpriced yesterday at 11/2. Looking more like a normal price now. Avoid Denman.
                            R5. I am pumping into Sports Line fairly hard here EW. I know nothing of the jockey which is a concern
                            R6. There is so much to like about Royal Charm so I couldnt possibly oppose him. Medermit is a real danger over 2m4f - Have to see the prices and make sure there is nothing stupid.
                            R7. I am pumping into Notus De La Tour fairly hard. Step up to 2m4f is a major plus.

The ground will be the softest it is any day for tomorrows racing. This is a major plus for Notus + Sports Line as it will certainly be easier on them tomorrow than it was on Day 4 of Cheltenham.

I could be skint by tomorrow evening as I have strong opinions on a number of these.
                            Stuck these four in a lucky 15 for the craic - gogogo

Same same, well worth using my one time for.

Have two similar doubles on, both need ruby in he first two

Going to jump on the bandwagon and do the same lucky15 as well .

lolz
                                    i have 10 euros and something left on paddy gonna stick it on a lucky 15 of some sort, obviously gonna use gimmeabreak picks in some way as i know nothing about horses

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                                      Going to jump on the bandwagon and do the same lucky15 as well .
                                      added denman for a lucky 31

lolz
                                        i have 10 euros and something left on paddy gonna stick it on a lucky 15 of some sort, obviously gonna use gimmeabreak picks in some way as i know nothing about horses

+1 had about 10e between paddy and boyles i was surprised at the difference in some of the prices, i have a lucky 15, a double and a few singles going expecting loads of loots to blow over the next few days from the bets

.34cents ew

"never back Cheltenham winners\horses that had a hard race at Cheltenham at Aintree"

one of the more useful things I've ever been told

Cinders and Ashes in the bumper on Sat.

this is still pretty valid but with so many horses now being kept fresh for Cheltenham it is not as significant imo.
                                                I wouldn't back Denman with your money today, put it that way

The one thing I hate about Aintree is the BBC coverage. I really should get RUK. Great card today though. Have singles and double on BB and Zarkandar

Golden Kite gets into the national but the rain is now a big concern, Royal Rosa and Skippers brig also in,Roll Along Northern Alliance and Our Monty out.

Today only one bet thought Third Intention got a shocking ride from Tizzard at cheltenham
                                                    stayed on to be 7th but given no chance,will be hard to beat the fav but hes my e/w bet for today

14.00 - Big Buck's
                                                      14.30 - Zarkandar
                                                      15.05 - Denman
                                                      15.40 - Baby Run
                                                      16.40 - Medermit

All singles, Big Buck's and Zarkandar double and threw them all into an accum as well. Need a big day from Ruby today.

Big Bucks - nuff said
                                                        Grandouet - Think the flatter track will suit, look how he travelled in Chelt
                                                        Punchestowns - Jumping the main concern, dont think the quick return and flat track will suit Denman , not at those prices anyway.
                                                        Baby Run - again slight concern that he fell here last year and at Chelt but really is the best of these
                                                        Tchio Polos - Himself on board, Wollcombe left in to keep he's weight down and Q marks over most of these.
                                                        Medermit - Think he will really appreciate the step up and never settled in Chelt, better than that.
                                                        Russian War - This is a red hot handicap and could make a case for half a dozen of them but this looks a plot job from Gordon Elliot, small e/w.

What a performance by Big Bucks,

I <3 Big Bucks

What a superstar, it's amazing that you can always get a decent price on Big Bucks.

GOAT in the staying hurdler business?
                                                                What even comes close?

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                                                                  What a performance by Big Bucks,
                                                                  excellent

What a superstar, it's amazing that you can always get a decent price on Big Bucks.
                                                                    Honestly I was shocked when I logged on half an hour ago and seen 4/6. I had big bucks on big bucks. Unbelievable price for such a superstar. I mean Roger Federer is usually 1.06 or so to win a tennis match and I'd liken this horse to a Fed playing a Tennis match.

Unreal, I love this horse for so many reasons! What a superstar.

The one thing I hate about Aintree is the BBC coverage. I really should get RUK. Great card today though. Have singles and double on BB and Zarkandar
                                                                        Tilts the hell out of me. I don't need to be told every 20 minutes for the next three days who so and so is riding in the GN.

backed both of Hendersons in Denman's race

that's it for the day, will have a good laugh at the amateurs falling off in the Foxhunters

Zarkandar you beat!

Zarkandar reminded me of his sire there

not too sure about Gimmeabreak's rating of him after that tbh

That's me done for the day.

Would lay Denman but it's a super weak race and he *should* be good enough.

backed both of Hendersons in Denman's race

that's it for the day, will have a good laugh at the amateurs falling off in the Foxhunters
                                                                                  I've laid them both!

freerolling for the day, get in!

Zarkandar is 5/6 now which means we should get evens tomorrow. He honestly should be a 1/3 shot. He is pure class, undoubtedly the best 4yo hurdler I think I have ever seen. He will win next years Champion hurdle (if he trains on).
                                                                                      Cmon now, get a grip.

Easy money, or was it? didn't watch the race. Cheers BCB.

He did enough but the one that was brought down at the second last seemed to be going well too.

For a horse that had a tough race at Chelt it was a v good performance.

WD BCB, I prob would have stayed away from him but did the double at 2/1 in Boyles.

whats your point? I was delighted with his win there today on a track that we know isnt ideal for him - his class got him home. Relative to his run in Kempton do you think Kumbeshwar improved or Zarkandar didnt show his absolute best today. If you base everything on the strength of a horses most recent run you are deluding yourself. His performance in the Triumph hurdle was different gravy to anything I have seen from a 4yo hurdler?
                                                                                            The 1/3 and next years Champion Hurdle winner were total hyperbole though.

He was very good at Cheltenham and i thought he might get turned over today because of the track, he may well have if Grandouet had stood up.

Detroit City, Katchit, Celestial Halo and Zaynar were all better Triumph winners imo.

whats your point? I was delighted with his win there today on a track that we know isnt ideal for him - his class got him home. Relative to his run in Kempton do you think Kumbeshwar improved or Zarkandar didnt show his absolute best today. If you base everything on the strength of a horses most recent run you are deluding yourself. His performance in the Triumph hurdle was different gravy to anything I have seen from a 4yo hurdler?
                                                                                              you give punchestown any chance here ?

None. The horse suffers from intermittent lameness. He pulled out lame the morning of the RSA and has pulled out lame the last 3 mornings (inc this morning). Also told that his schooling has been abysmal. They are basically just firing a dart as they are well pissed off with him I feel.
                                                                                                this would have been useful information an hour ago

good calls so far BCB

I'm starting to think that eagle eye is a gimmick Gimmeabreak account, I certainly wouldn't put it past him

So that was one of the worst quality grade 1 races I've ever seen

chances of naked streak by BCB down Leeson St tonight now 5/4

they should retire Denman

that would be a good market to trade in running.
                                                                                                          'in jogging' imo

this would have been useful information an hour ago
                                                                                                            Just going to type the same thing. Backed him at lunch and def wouldn't if I had seen that post from BCB. Had the useless fucker in my placepot too. How in God's name did Geraghty pick him ahead of CL?

that's my accululator busted....ah well.

Still, 2 more left in my lucky 31 and ruby already has me at a profit for the day.

Great work BCB!! You sir, are like Nostradamus reborn!!

I blindly followed your tips yesterday, a decent bet on Zarkandar (by my nitty stakes).
                                                                                                                Now I'm waiting on Royal Charm in a yankee with Zarkandar, BB's and Nacarat

So I'm already in profit for the day and with the above Yankee to go, along and a couple of E/W singles on Notus De La Tour & Sports Line and an E/W double thrown in!!

Come on!!

EDIT: Screenshot woulda been easier:

Last edited by Ste05; 07-04-11, 14:39.

I've got sweaty palms...

Unfortunately, I seem to have not put Sports Line at E/W in my accum, so I reckon I'm busto next hand. Not for another hour anyway, so I'll just sit here dreaming of the money instead.

I've got sweaty palms...

Unfortunately, I seem to have not put Sports Line at E/W in my accum, so I reckon I'm busto next hand. Not for another hour anyway, so I'll just sit here dreaming of the money instead.
                                                                                                                    it's been well-punted today if that will help the sweat

first 3 up in the lucky 15, come on the royal charm

double's come in and a single so 21E in account now before the returns on the lucky 15 and 2 more singles to run, go on ye gud tings

cheers for the tips

Kid riding Baby Run seemed ridic nervous in that interview. Wouldn't inspire me with confidence if I was on.