My Full Tilt 45 man log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Full Tilt 45 man log

So back in December I was fortunate enough to pick up a stakeing/coaching deal with stevethewebguy, jugadormejor and bett0rthanu.

This will be my log of how im geting on monthly.

I will post a few spots where people might think im crazy but I will explain every hand.

Im hopeing this will give me the kick up the hole I need to start getting in 500+ a month.

A the moment im playing $5 - $11.
    As of now i will update with a graph of how im doing up to now.
    Last edited by theshortstack; 31-03-11, 16:23.

TheSh0rtStack09 564 $2 $5 40% $1,232 - N/A FullTilt E45-45 S5-5 G=H SNG Only

$5 45 man to date

Comment

$11 45 man to date

TheSh0rtStack09 632 $3 $10 30% $2,057 - N/A FullTilt E45-45 S10-10 G=H SNG Only

Comment

Well after all the shit with black Friday and my staker and coach beening from the states we have decided to end the stake last week due to not been able to transfer funds from our accounts, kinda sucks tbh below is my graph to the date I stoped play. I'll prob go back at them in time maybe not.

Comment

But to every downside there an upside
          I'm now been staked and coached by http://www.officialpokerrankings.com...D129E.html?t=2 and http://www.officialpokerrankings.com...69D26.html?t=2
          This deal is to play the following games on PokerStars:This stake includes all NLHE 90 man, 90 man KO, 180 man MTTSNG on stars. Below is the maximum level you are allowed to play.
          $3000 bankroll -> 14fo, 3r

So given this bankroll and only been new to these 180 turbo games i've decided to play @ the $2.50 and $8 levels to start untill I get comfortable with my calling and shoving ranges and really just the structure of the game, should be fun.
          My graph below is for the first week but will just post up a monthly graph on how i'm doing and thoughs on how the month went really just to keep me motivated.

Comment

So after my first 3 weeks I'm really likeing these 180 turbos and i've noticed a few IPB players at some of my table like Laois Hammer and a few others and it's nice to get a feel of how they play at the late stages, like there calling and shoving ranges just to make sure I'm doing the same and not missing important spots.

I get to go over a few of my hand historys with my coach every week and it's been a big help because when I first started I was playing them like the 45's on Tilt,
            but ya I've found that there is a lot of differences in the 180's and it's hard sometimes to steel with muck like I would on Tilt in the 45's from steal spots with atc but on stars they 3bet shove very wide and obv I can't call getiing poor odds with atc.

So ya the major things i've changed is narrowing my steal ranges and opened my shoving and calling ranges alittle more in the late stages.
            Up untill the antes kick in it's kinda abc poker.
            Anyway this is my end of May graph, varience caught up with me over around 150ish games before I had an upswing again towards the end of the month thank god.
            Plz run good in June
            Last edited by theshortstack; 03-06-11, 16:55.

Comment

Best of luck with this, will keep a subsribtion to this thread n keep an eye for updates.
              How many tables do you play?

Comment

Nice graph man. Going starting back playing the 45 man turbos myself. Mostly 3.50 and the 6.50 ones as I was doing fairly well in them. Is Stars tougher for 45 mans did you find in comparison to FT? These are probably the easiest games to beat online with enough volume.

GL btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                  Best of luck with this, will keep a subsribtion to this thread n keep an eye for updates.
                  How many tables do you play?
                  Thanks, I'm only playin 8 at a time to be honest thats all I feel comfortable with at the moment while I try to get my shoving and calling ranges sorted.
                  But I know I wont have a problem playin 16 after my first 600 games, after my first 600 my coach will decided my next step.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                    Nice graph man. Going starting back playing the 45 man turbos myself. Mostly 3.50 and the 6.50 ones as I was doing fairly well in them. Is Stars tougher for 45 mans did you find in comparison to FT? These are probably the easiest games to beat online with enough volume.

GL btw.
                    Thanks, I think I've playing some micro like .25c 45's on stars so don't really know how they play, as for the 45's on tilt they have to be the softest games ever at the $5 and $11.
                    I never played enough $26's to know how they play but my old coach said pretty much the same I mean like Annette Obrestad has a video where she win's a $75 without looking at her cards from start to finish, she had like a marker over her screen, there real easy just to play the structure rather than your cards.

Good luck when you start back.

Comment

cool thread man..

I'd be interested in coaching sometime in the future too.

- Can I ask how much you pay?
                      - Is it 1-2-1 live or over skype?

I find the varience too much on 45man tourneys so I play 9 man or cash on stars..

Keep us updated
                      Fergal

Comment

June Recap

Within the first week of June I finished my first 600 games and choped $1800 ish with my staker.

After that he moved me to a bigger roll to play more $8's and included $15's and I ran like sht for the first week or so.
                        I decided after the week to cut out the $15's and play mainly the $8's and $2.50's but still have not turned it aroung yet.
                        I feel preety bad to go on the swing I'm on now but my staker/coach assured me it's standered.
                        I also feel bad because I missed out on over a week of play this month due to stuff and not being able to grind through it like I should be.
                        This month I have the Waterford Masters to look forward to and can't wait, I'm only going to play the two sides unless I sat into the €440 game but none the less it will be my first live game in a long time and can't wait for it and hope to meet alot of IPB'ers there.

As for my play over the month,
                        Every Monday I take 2-4hrs depending on how my hand historys I have marked and re-view them, I'm still making slight mistakes in some games but very marginal spots, like shoving a little to light, but one thing that concerened me was that i was iso shoving on the button and cut off a little wide and often found myself walking into the sb/bb with a monster, I was questioning my play alot but in the end it was all pretty much standered obv some mistakes but alot of it is just part of running bad.
                        I'm happy with the way i'm playing and know it will turn (just plz plz plz be before the Waterford Masters).

Chart from start date
                        Last edited by theshortstack; 02-07-11, 12:07.

Comment

Working...
                        X