KhJh, a Shove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KhJh, a Shove?

we are down to 16 with 10 getting paid (in a €50 4k guaranteed freeze out on Entraction) and villain is chip leader and has been quite active (i dont use a HUD for tournies so i dont have VPIP/PRF)

i hold KhJh on the BB

(there are no antes, it's Entraction Network)

he's raised my blind at least 3 times (maybe 4) from middling positions in the last 6 orbits and players behind continually fold. I have a very tight image as a result of being completely card dead and no decent steal or resteal spots so i'm pretty sure he's starting to view my blind as an easy steal even from MP locations especially when the players behind keep on folding and he has the luxury of being CL.

But can i profitably shove here given what i have said? i mean i'm not certain how much fold equity i have and i cant be sure he is not just hitting cards but at the same time i am almost down to 10BB and am conscious that i need to maintain my stack.

{at ths point, if my read is wrong and he has been hitting hands, i am probably screwed is basically is what is going thru my head}

$300/$600 No Limit Holdem
    8 Players
    Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
    UTG ($4,334)
    UTG+1 ($17,276)
    MP1 ($4,025)
    MP2 ($20,623)
    CO ($15,784)
    BTN ($12,644)
    SB ($8,989)
    bustamoves (BB) ($7,316)

Pre-Flop: ($900, 8 players) bustamoves is BB :kh: :jh:
    3 folds, MP2 raises to $1,350, 3 folds, bustamoves?

any thoughts or comments appreciated.
    Last edited by bustamoves; 19-03-11, 17:22.

I'm betwixt and between shove/stopngo
    but I'm leaning towards a shove
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Are there antes?
      You don't have a lot of fold equity but you would have a bit more if there are no antes.

If I have that read I shove here, I hate flatting and ch/folding. I think you have a little too much for a stop n go.

I don't think I fold pre with your read on villian and chips left so yeah, for me it's a shove.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
        Are there antes?
        You don't have a lot of fold equity but you would have a bit more if there are no antes.

If I have that read I shove here, I hate flatting and ch/folding. I think you have a little too much for a stop n go.

I don't think I fold pre with your read on villian and chips left so yeah, for me it's a shove.

stop in go never entered my mind.
        what boards are we betting (are we jamming?)? why is stop n go better and if you could give me some good reasons for this route plz?

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
        Are there antes?

gorr there are no antes. if you can expand on the stop n go option also i'd be grateful. its usually only something i consider with small pairs when i feel my opponents range is very strongly weighted towards Ax and i like to jam non-Ace flops
        Last edited by bustamoves; 19-03-11, 17:34.

Comment

Shove pre or something a bit different i might do with this difficult stack size is call and C/R all in if i hit any piece as were too deep to stop and go, we gain his c-bet when we do this as well as the PF raise and can possibly get called by worse depending on the flop. Shoving pre is probably best and easiest though.
          They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
          Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

Not really sure I like the shove all that much as you should have no fold equity so you're effectively just flipping at that point for your tournament. Even if he has a very wide raising range of, say, top 30% of hands, you've only 50% against that range. The shove is probably +cEv but at that stage of a tournament I prefer to be getting them in first with as much fold equity as possible. I know KJs is a pretty hand after a period of card death but I'd prefer to open shove 96o next hand than go with it here.

The fact that there are no antes means 11 or 12 bbs is not critically short. With antes I'd be more inclined to go with as you get gobbled up faster.
            My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

I really think this is a fold. I don't mind open shoving KJ myself but coming over the top of a raise is never good here imo. Fold and keep pouding on the 4k stacks to your left imo. Without antes this is a fold imo. If he is any good he should never be folding to 11bb shoves.

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                stop in go never entered my mind.
                what boards are we betting (are we jamming?)? why is stop n go better and if you could give me some good reasons for this route plz?

gorr there are no antes. if you can expand on the stop n go option also i'd be grateful. its usually only something i consider with small pairs when i feel my opponents range is very strongly weighted towards Ax and i like to jam non-Ace flops
                I don't think a stop n go is an option here, I don't use it much myself.

Comment

I'm pretty comfortable shoving here but play at a much lower level where things might be a bit different.
                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

easy shove, plus loads of tourney players raise fold when they shouldn't, so you have more fe than you think

Comment

You're ahead of his range, and are rarely dominated, its approaching crapshoot for you and his aggression is unlikely to give you the opportunity to find good spots to push. Taking a stand here might be the best approach rather than blinding away while he hammers you with less. That said the likelihood of being called is not filling me with joy.

Comment

Really cant see why he would have no fold equity?? if he shoves here that makes the pot nearly 9k with mp2 having to call 6k, he needs at least 2:1 to be callin with atc here after a raise.

Comment

Plenty of fold equity on entraction, once he's been active shovel all your chips in the middle, to short to call and crai imo

Comment

Working...
                          X