Boyle Poker Player Blog: Irish Poker Rankings Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boyle Poker Player Blog: Irish Poker Rankings Part II

I opened in EP with and Doke flats, everybody else folds. The flop was not the worst for me with with two diamonds. I c-bet and get raised. Now it's just a case of how to get all the chips in. In my mind I try to think about the likely hands that he will have and am I best off to flat here or try to get them in now? I don't think he will raise me with a flush draw here but another diamond could be an action killer because he could put me on one. Anyway, I shouldn't have bothered thinking too much as Doke had flopped top two pair and he was never folding in that spot. After that hand I'm the clear chip leader. Everything was going well and then disaster, I lose a monster with v Nicky Sinnott's . I had three bet Nicky a couple of times already and shown him one bluff when he folded tptk to my re-raise. I'm now back in the pack and go to the FT with an average stack. The blinds seemed to get very big very quickly and it pretty much turned into a crapshoot. One player letting himself getting blinded away to an ante?? The next hand of any significance for me was when playing 60k at the 3-6 blind level. I make it 12.5k and Aidan Connelly moves all in for 35k. I'm holding the and pot odds suggest I have to call. I'm very surprised when Aidan turns over the off and I'm actually in front. However, a on the river sends the chips the other way. I'm all-in then three or four times until I run into and I'm out in 3rd place for zero cash. The tournament was eventually won by Nick Newport who has had an amazing last 12 months

More...
Working...
X