Cheltenham Tipping Competition????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheltenham Tipping Competition????

Wondering if anyone would be interested in running/ taking part, in a cheltenham tipping comp, I'll run it if there's no objections but doesn't make any difference would just like to be part of one. don't know how much the entry would be or if there would be enough people to participate. anyone with any ideas as to how much it should be or if you think its just a bad idea please post

My plan/rules would be :
    Run one each day of cheltenham to include every race
    give 100 points as your bankroll with 10 points minimum on each race
    points will be calculated by SP e.g. 10 points on cue card who wins (hopefully) at 3/1 = 40 points
    person with most points accumulated at end of day scoops the pot
    all entries must be in 10 minutes before 1st race is off etc.
    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

looks like good fun..I'd be up for it anyway!

Comment

would consider it but who would do the escrow and how much would it be for?

Comment

C Kid said he's going to run it. Inski anyway.
        Profit before people.

Comment

You can create a league here I think.

Last edited by Percy007; 11-03-11, 19:48.

Comment

I was only volunteering as didn't seem to be anyone else, if someone else wants to do it that's great!

Comment

you can put my name down for this...

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                I was only volunteering as didn't seem to be anyone else, if someone else wants to do it that's great!
                i dont mind either way tbh, just wanted to get 1 going.... didn't see you were going to run 1, just thought it would be a bit of craic...dont have the usual funds for cheltenham this year and the bit i had all went on ante post

Comment

Originally posted by montyrebel View Post
                  would consider it but who would do the escrow and how much would it be for?
                  i think €20 is fair, but maybe we should have a poll to see... as far as who runs this and whos holds the money i dont mind at all

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                    You can create a league here I think.

http://fantasyracing.telegraph.co.uk/
                    i think you pick jockeys and trainers in this

Comment

Originally posted by healwayscallsmedonkey View Post
                      i think you pick jockeys and trainers in this
                      How to Play

The Cheltenham Festival, one of racing greatest events takes place from March 15 to 18, and you can add to the excitement with the Telegraph's FREE TO PLAY Fantasy Cheltenham game for the chance to win £5,000.

Become a Fantasy Owner by selecting your stable of jockeys and trainers and then picking horses in all 27 festival races.

The three jockeys and three trainers that you choose score points for you every time they have a winner or placed horse in each of the Festival's 27 races.

You’ll also start with 27 betting 'credits', one to use one in each race throughout the week. You will score additional points every time your race selection wins or is placed in a race.

The aim of the game is to score the highest number of points in order to win the £5,000 first prize.

You can make changes to your stable of jockeys and trainers up to the scheduled start time of the first race of the Festival (1.30pm on Tuesday, March 15). You can make your race selections right up to the scheduled start time of each race.

Telegraph Fantasy Cheltenham is easy to play and can really add to your enjoyment of a great week of racing. Play as an individual or create a bit of friendly competition with friends and colleagues by setting up your own private league.

Good luck!

Comment

I'll play if it's just horses..none of that Trainer shite :-(

Comment

I'll play, not sure I'll be able to organise much though as I'll be away from Thursday to Sunday.

Comment

ok gonna see if theres enough interest in this, post if your interested and any suggestions or things you think should be changed please let me know

entry : €20/ $27.56 (exch rate € 1 = $1.378) going to take money on stars and FT but preference is for stars as its easiest to exchange money to/ from

STARS SN: ismaithliom
                            FTP SN: yes i bluff you

RULES
                            To enter tipping competition player/ tipster must send money and leave post on this page confirming payment including SN e.g.

shipped money there sn: ismaithliom on stars

2 entries max per player per day
                            Players are given 100 points to be placed/ staked on the races. 10 is the minimum stake you can place on a race
                            Selections must be posted 20 minutes before start of 1st race for entry to be valid
                            You must make a selection in every race for your entry to be valid
                            You must use your full 100 points for your entry to be valid
                            1 selection per race per entry
                            Selections are win only and winning selections will be settled at Starting Price (SP) e.g. 10 points on Hurricane Fly who wins @ 7/2 = 45 points
                            The winner will be the person who generates the highest amount of points from the 100 points spread over all races
                            If your selection is a Non Runner (NR) your points staked, go on to the SP favorite in the race (in case of joint favourites, the horse with the lowest number will be your selection)
                            Selections should be posted here in a format like this

1.30 - cue card 30 points
                            2.05 - captain chris 10 points
                            2.40 - sunnyhillboy 10 points

If two people have same points at end of day............................................... ................ sort it out themselves all friends here.
                            In the case of a dead heat usual betting rule applies. 1/2 of what your stake would have been if your horse had won outright
                            Like any good bookmaker first past the post and a winner of an enquiry are both counted as winners

again any questions or suggestions please let me know.... would be nice to have a few for this everyday

Comment

Hey Healways..., Heres the one they ran last year over the 4 days. Seems like a solid tried and tested structure. I'd run it but i'm heading over thursday and friday so i can only play but i reckon its the type of structure that will attract most people.

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...tenham+fantasy
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                Hey Healways..., Heres the one they ran last year over the 4 days. Seems like a solid tried and tested structure. I'd run it but i'm heading over thursday and friday so i can only play but i reckon its the type of structure that will attract most people.

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...tenham+fantasy

ye your right seems much better!!!, hopefully c kid runs it after as im shittin bricks about doin it cheers situation

Comment

Working...
                                X