Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday mil.. what to do V river spot?

First post FTW!

ok i was gonna post the whole hand but that doesnt serve much of a purpose, Its a pretty ugly spot and i cant work out whether my play was good or not

vp/pfr/ag
    villain was 27/ 7 /3 ( 139 hands ) fold to BB steal of 0/4, Fold to cbet 6/10

Poker Stars, $200 Buy-in (400/800 blinds, 50 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. View Hand #8115372

Hero (BTN): 18,215 (22.8 bb)
    SB: 32,752 (40.9 bb)
    BB: 29,378 (36.7 bb)
    UTG+1: 23,040 (28.8 bb)
    UTG+2: 33,265 (41.6 bb)
    MP1: 7,031 (8.8 bb)
    MP2: 15,763 (19.7 bb)
    MP3: 8,687 (10.9 bb)
    CO: 12,900 (16.1 bb)

Preflop: (450) Hero is BTN with Kh Qs
    6 folds, Hero raises to 1,701, SB folds, BB calls 901

Flop: (4,252) 9h Qh Kd (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets 2,855, BB calls 2,855

Turn: (9,962) 7h (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero checks

River: (9,962) 3s (2 players)
    BB bets 5,800, Hero ????
    Last edited by DublinMeUp; 07-03-11, 05:42.

Bet the turn
    Call the river

Comment

call
      i would ship and hope to be called by worse kings
      if the guy turns a set or 10J call him a bollox in the chatbox and fuck off to bed

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I don't mind the check on the turn for pot control but when he checks behind I reckon we have to call the river.
        Last edited by peterswellman; 07-03-11, 12:07.

Comment

Check the turn & call the river, your good her 50% of the time. (calculation done in .00002 seconds)
          twitter
          moneybookers

Comment

I don't understand what the stats mean but I would play the same and nearly always call the river, unless those stats make villain a massive nit.

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
            Bet the turn
            Call the river
            Why do you bet the turn? Are you folding to a crai?

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
            call
            i would ship and hope to be called by worse kings
            if the guy turns a set or 10J call him a bollox in the chatbox and fuck off to bed
            Where would you ship to get paid off by worse Kings, flop, turn or river? I can't see worse kings paying off too often on this board.

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
            I don't mind the check on the turn for pot control but when he checks behind I reckon we have to call the river.
            We have position.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post

Where would you ship to get paid off by worse Kings, flop, turn or river? I can't see worse kings paying off too often on this board.

actually scrap my idea of a ship just noticed that there is also a flush out there
              so i just call

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I think the check on the turn is fine for pot control and to get him to bluff or value bet worse on the river. At that point you're either well ahead or well behind.

Once you check the turn you pretty much have to call the river as your hand is underrepped so he may be bluffing or value betting worse.
                My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

I like your line. Call now. He can be vbetting worse/turning some of hands into a bluff here often enough.

I really dislike a bet on the turn. We're never getting 3 streets from his Kx hands and it would really suck to be c/r.

Comment

ok it seems i didn't murder the hand as bad as i thought, basically for those of you that didn't get the stats this guy was a cally lagtard. what i had said to myself on the turn was i'll call a half pot bet and fold any size over 75% but then just insta clicked call which i wasn't happy with after

for those of you interested he showed up with:
                    SPOILER
                    J5h, for a flush.. ugh!

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                      I don't understand what the stats mean but I would play the same and nearly always call the river, unless those stats make villain a massive nit.
                      The stats mean villain plays too many hands, and don't raise pf near enough

Why do you bet the turn? Are you folding to a crai?
                      I simply bet for value. We likely have the best hand, plus we have a draw to the 2nd nuts

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                      I like your line. Call now. He can be vbetting worse/turning some of hands into a bluff here often enough.

I really dislike a bet on the turn. We're never getting 3 streets from his Kx hands and it would really suck to be c/r.
                      The quote3d stats are only relatign to pf, but there is going to be a reasonable amount of corealation to tendencies later streets.
                      Given he is calling way too often, and not rasing enough. I think he calls down enough and I don't fear the crai too much. Get the money in early from Pair/fd combos etc

Comment

Def have to call river now given how under-repped your hand is after checking turn.
                        He's def v-betting worse.
                        "Think of what your opponent wants you to do, and then do the opposite"

Comment

You literally have to 100% bet the turn your too often missing value plus if he is aggro and if he checks raises the turn I don't mind 4 bet shoving!!!!
                          Your way 2 shallow to be even considering not getting it all in here you have top 2 and the 2nd nut flush draw and u started the hand 20 bbs deep please give me this spot in every hand I play!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                            You literally have to 100% bet the turn your too often missing value plus if he is aggro and if he checks raises the turn I don't mind 4 bet shoving!!!!
                            Your way 2 shallow to be even considering not getting it all in here you have top 2 and the 2nd nut flush draw and u started the hand 20 bbs deep please give me this spot in every hand I play!!!
                            No, no you don't have to bet the turn. Checking for pot control is absolutely fine.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                              No, no you don't have to bet the turn. Checking for pot control is absolutely fine.
                              I dunno like im not saying its a terrible play but I just think its much more profitable in the long term vs his calling range on that flop to bet that turn because it is a big turn and you should really be willing to stack the turn because you are so shallow!!!

But I will admit there is an argument for checking just wouldnt be my approach.

Comment

Working...
                              X