50nl --> 100nl --> 200nl --> titties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50nl --> 100nl --> 200nl --> titties

Ok so this seems to be the cool thing to do right now so I thought Id start a Personal Log re the pokers. Hopefully I'll be starting medicine in September but unfortunately that means I need to return to student bustoville - a concept that does not appeal to me considering the comfortable lifestyle I've grown accustomed to

The ultimate goal would to be playing 200nl by September. That's giving myself 6 months starting at 50nl. However if I'm only playing 100nl at the time its not a big deal as I realise the traverse from 50nl to 200nl is quite large. This will not work unless I am brutally honest with myself so the following are the areas I need to adhere to if this is to have any chance of success.

1. I need to stick to my limits. far too often in the past I'd just get bored and say fuck it I'll go for the spin at 600nl inevitably busting myself. this cannot happen under any circumstances.

2. set session times I think I can play 60-90 minute sessions for optimal results. Again in the past I have been a culprit of losing a couple of BI's at the start of a session - keep playing till I'm nearly back to even, lose another BI and then tilt a shit load more away. Regardless I'm now going to avoid looking at my session score in HEM and just play in set time frames.

3. Improve as a player If i have any aspirations of making a (student) living out of this I'll need to get better obviously

I wont bother mentioning other more obvious stuff such as dont play drunk, BR management etc etc as if I'm adopting a professional approach to this than that goes without saying.

So I'll try post all my interesting sessions in this log and see how it goes. If nothing else it will keep me focused and hopefully help me grind on.

Tony

Best of luck BK. Ill try to keep an eye on this thread and follow your progress.

Comment

Where ya gonna be playing? Going to bonus whore a bit? Or get a solid RB deal and grind on the one site?

GLGL

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        Where ya gonna be playing? Going to bonus whore a bit? Or get a solid RB deal and grind on the one site?

GLGL
        playing on ipoker for the first 2 months hopefully. Joined Black Belt as they were offering something different. Iv done calcs that means it should be worth my while but if its not working out towards the end of April I'll be moving

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
          playing on ipoker for the first 2 months hopefully. Joined Black Belt as they were offering something different. Iv done calcs that means it should be worth my while but if its not working out towards the end of April I'll be moving
          Do you mind saying what this is? PM perhaps?

Also, best of luck btw!

Comment

GL with this. Post loads of hand.

Comment

play PLO instead imo
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                Do you mind saying what this is? PM perhaps?

Also, best of luck btw!
                +1 ive never really looked into it myself but i assume its possible to get higher than 60% there but it would be awarded in tournament buyins or something like that.
                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

hey sorry only getting back to this now. This is a link to their "rewards" page.

http://www.blackbeltpoker.com/rewards/

its pretty much designed to improve you as a player - from the simple thing of being given a personal mentor at the lower end of the system - to free deuces cracked memberships - to been given 1500 a month in tournament buy-ins (roughly 72% RB I think) at the higher end. You can be given more but I'm being realistic in what I can achieve.

This probably wont appeal to a lot of established players but for me its ideal. It forces me to become better and also take shots at the tournament circuit which will be good for breaking up the grind

Comment

ok so just doing as Roadsweeper suggested and posting up some hands from day 1. Really nothing too interesting tbh but these were the pick of them. Any comments as always are welcome

hand 1
                    original 3 better is tight enough at opening but this is the 3rd time he has 3bet my button open. BB is a fish. well worth a peel pre flop. I just decided to shove flop because there are a load of cards that kill my action and its very easy to get a call there from JJ+ etc

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($48.99)
                    UTG ($62.63)
                    MP ($50.44)
                    CO ($50)
                    Hero (Button) ($58.69)
                    SB ($55.92)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4, 4
                    3 folds, Hero bets $1.50, SB raises $4.75, BB calls $4.50, Hero calls $3.50

Flop: ($15) 10, 4, 8 (3 players)
                    SB bets $8, BB calls $8, Hero raises $53.69 (All-In), 1 fold, BB calls $35.99 (All-In)

Turn: ($110.98) 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($110.98) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $110.98

Results:
                    Hero had 4, 4 (three of a kind, fours).
                    BB had 10, J (two pair, Jacks and tens).
                    Outcome: Hero won $117.68

Hand 2

I took a weird line in this hand. Villain was 27/4 over 50 or so hands. I feel that 3betting preflop here is turning my hand into a bluff against a player who rarely opens so I elect to call. Flop peel is standard - from what Iv seen the player behind would lead if he hit the queen. I like leading the turn in this spot as I like to think it gets more value than a check/raise. Obviously I didnt know he was that strong but that hardly matters. Meant to put him all in on the river but nearly timed out due to being involved on other tables - damn ipoker software

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($25.09)
                    Button ($50)
                    Hero (SB) ($59.83)
                    BB ($49.25)
                    UTG ($89.06)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
                    1 fold, MP bets $1.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) 7, 4, Q (3 players)
                    Hero checks, BB checks, MP bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25, 1 fold

Turn: ($9) J (2 players)
                    Hero bets $4.50, MP calls $4.50

River: ($18) 9 (2 players)
                    Hero bets $13.50, MP calls $13.50

Total pot: $45

Results:
                    Hero had J, J (three of a kind, Jacks).
                    MP had 7, 7 (three of a kind, sevens).
                    Outcome: Hero won $42.75

Hand 3

the river here is obviously a bet/fold so Im a little disappointed I missed that even if it did save me some $$$

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($63.54)
                    Button ($50)
                    SB ($21.87)
                    Hero (BB) ($50)
                    UTG ($32.39)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 6
                    3 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero checks

Flop: ($1) 4, 3, 8 (2 players)
                    SB bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3) 6 (2 players)
                    SB bets $1.50, Hero raises $5, SB calls $3.50

River: ($13) 9 (2 players)
                    SB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $13

Results:
                    SB had 5, J (flush, Jack high).
                    Hero had 8, 6 (two pair, eights and sixes).
                    Outcome: SB won $12.35

hand 4

thought I played this one well - nut worst river card unfortunately

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($20.47)
                    SB ($57.08)
                    Hero (BB) ($50)
                    UTG ($29.38)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, 7
                    UTG calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, Hero checks

Flop: ($2) 9, 10, 10 (4 players)
                    SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, UTG calls $1.50, Button calls $1.50, 1 fold

Turn: ($6.50) Q (3 players)
                    Hero bets $5, UTG calls $5, Button calls $5

River: ($21.50) K (3 players)
                    Hero checks, UTG bets $22.38 (All-In), Button calls $13.47 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $48.44

Results:
                    Button had K, Q (two pair, Kings and Queens).
                    UTG had J, Q (straight flush, King high).
                    Outcome: UTG won $55.35

Comment

H1 - Call flop, lets get some more money on the turn, you've flopped a monster on a bone dry board, shoving is letting players get away from tonnes of hands that are still to pay you off on turn.
                      H2 - Turn bet should be bigger, 6.50/7 imo, losing a lot of value there vs heart draws and weak queens that are calling bigger bets and c/f any rivers.
                      H3 - Not sure at all where I stand on this, very marginal turn raise. I find that people play exceptionally slowly on monotone flops, and there's not a tonne of hands that you're getting value from by raising the turn. Even with a flush, he's worried about you having a higher flush imo, simply because nobody raises on those boards.
                      H4 - Really vwp.

Comment

Going to be difficult for you to move up levels with out rakeback imo especially if you have to make withdrawls.
                        But good too see you bullish about moving up and improving and not settling as a rakeback whore which is fine too i guess esp as a student bum.
                        Best of luck with this

Comment

today was a bit meh tbh. Thought for the most part I played ok but I still misplayed a few spots I think. Not sure how to post up a graph yet? but i made about 1.5 BI's over 1k hands. here are a couple of the more interesting ones.

hand 1

villain is 36/14 over 50 or so hands. Maybe I should be raising the flop/turn? on the river I dont think im ever good when he pots it

MP ($24.30)
                          Button ($50)
                          SB ($50)
                          Hero (BB) ($50)
                          UTG ($19.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, 8
                          1 fold, MP calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.25) 10, Q, A (2 players)
                          Hero checks, MP bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25

Turn: ($3.75) J (2 players)
                          Hero checks, MP bets $1.87, Hero calls $1.87

River: ($7.49) 8 (2 players)
                          Hero checks, MP bets $7.49, Hero folds

Total pot: $7.49

Results:
                          MP didn't show
                          Outcome: MP won $14.61

hand 2

is this fold too nitty at 50nl - villain is new to the table so no reads apart from he bought in short I folded because Iv a feeling im rarely good here

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($15)
                          CO ($27.05)
                          Button ($88.66)
                          SB ($50)
                          Hero (BB) ($50.75)
                          UTG ($17.99)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, J
                          UTG bets $1, 1 fold, CO calls $1, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($3.25) 2, 9, Q (3 players)
                          Hero checks, UTG bets $2, 1 fold, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($7.25) 4 (2 players)
                          Hero checks, UTG bets $4, Hero folds

Total pot: $7.25

Results:
                          UTG didn't show
                          Outcome: UTG won $10.89

hand 3

this is a weird one - I 3bet an aggro cut off and get cold called by 22/19 SB. I cbet because i think his range is made up of a lot of mid pairs that will fold to an Ace high flop. when he calls Im done with the hand. Obv not when I turn Gin. I check behind because I want him to fire the river with everything that folds to a 2nd barrel. with his bet sizing im surprised he folded to the shove

UTG ($87.03)
                          MP ($55.03)
                          Hero (Button) ($50.75)
                          SB ($50.25)
                          BB ($87.96)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, 7
                          1 fold, MP bets $1.50, Hero raises $4.50, SB calls $4.25, 2 folds

Flop: ($11) A, 6, 10 (2 players)
                          SB checks, Hero bets $6, SB calls $6

Turn: ($23) 8 (2 players)
                          SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($23) 2 (2 players)
                          SB bets $15, Hero raises $40.25 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $53

Results:
                          Hero had 9, 7 (straight, ten high).
                          Outcome: Hero won $75.60

hand 4

this hand annoyed me a lot. I think its a cooler as even in hindsight I dont think Im getting away from it. Villain is 46/30 with a 4.5 agrression over 60 odd hands. flop is relatively draw heavy and due to the fact he has a short enough stack i just want to get the loot in

SB ($60.09)
                          Hero (BB) ($50.84)
                          UTG ($19.65)
                          MP ($50)
                          CO ($46.74)
                          Button ($50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, J
                          UTG bets $2, 4 folds, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) J, 6, 9 (2 players)
                          Hero checks, UTG bets $3, Hero raises $10, UTG raises $14.65 (All-In), Hero calls $7.65

Turn: ($39.55) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($39.55) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $39.55

Results:
                          Hero had A, J (one pair, Jacks).
                          UTG had Q, Q (straight, Queen high).
                          Outcome: UTG won $37.58

hand 5

villain is 62/8 over 40 hands. there is no point to this hand I just posted it up to remind myself not to be a retard in future. Dont know what the fuck I was at

BB ($77.49)
                          UTG ($14.32)
                          Hero (MP) ($50)
                          Button ($52.81)
                          SB ($8.79)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 6, 6
                          1 fold, Hero bets $1.50, 2 folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) 7, Q, 7 (2 players)
                          BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB raises $5, Hero raises $8.50, BB raises $12, Hero folds

Total pot: $25.25

Results:
                          BB didn't show
                          Outcome: BB won $29.99

Comment

Hand 1: I'd raise pre. Having not raised pre I would either lead the flop or checkraise it.

Hand 2: Never ever folding.

Hand 3: $10 on turn. When you say this "I check behind because I want him to fire the river with everything that folds to a 2nd barrel. with his bet sizing im surprised he folded to the shove" Tell me what hands you think these are?

Hand 4: I'd 3b pre and happy to get it in. Just jam the flop.

Hand 5: Against this type of donk I'd probably bet less, half pot maybe. Will achieve the eact same. Same way as when you have the 7, you bet big. Bet sizing won't come into his head. Hes made his mind up before he sees what you do I'd say. When a 62/8 guy checkraises you here I'd just let it go.

Comment

would you really raise hand 1 pre? ok Il need to look at that. agree re leading/check raising

hand 2 is piss weak by me but the timing of his bets (i.e. insta betting lead me to believe he was strong). I should have called down in hindsight

well in hand 3 my line really looks FOS. I was hoping he would call me down with Ax hands that wouldnt call 3 streets or hero call me with some random pair

hand 4 agree

hand 5 agree

Comment

would you really raise hand 1 pre? ok Il need to look at that. agree re leading/check raising

hand 2 is piss weak by me but the timing of his bets (i.e. insta betting lead me to believe he was strong). I should have called down in hindsight

well in hand 3 my line really looks FOS. I was hoping he would call me down with Ax hands that wouldnt call 3 streets or hero call me with some random pair

hand 4 agree

hand 5 agree
                                Yeah, raise pre in hand 1. It's such a nice hand!! It gives you the betting lead, it can flop lots of nice hands and more likely to win a decent pot when you do. You can still take it down with a cbet, he's gonna just fold so much on the flop.

Hand 3, I've played enough 50nl last month to know how light people call, I seen nits check/call in 3b pots with AK all the way to the river on boards were my 3b range was going to at least make a pair. I don't think there are many hands that he will call on river with that he won't call on turn with. But he will defo fold all his draws on river, they are the only hands that will bet the river after you checked to him. It's highly possible that you could be bluffing the turn if you bet, but you never are on the river when you raise over his bet and people rarely ever take your line as a bluff either. It's nearly always the nuts.

Comment

Yeah, raise pre in hand 1. It's such a nice hand!! It gives you the betting lead, it can flop lots of nice hands and more likely to win a decent pot when you do. You can still take it down with a cbet, he's gonna just fold so much on the flop.

Hand 3, I've played enough 50nl last month to know how light people call, I seen nits check/call in 3b pots with AK all the way to the river on boards were my 3b range was going to at least make a pair. I don't think there are many hands that he will call on river with that he won't call on turn with. But he will defo fold all his draws on river, they are the only hands that will bet the river after you checked to him. It's highly possible that you could be bluffing the turn if you bet, but you never are on the river when you raise over his bet and people rarely ever take your line as a bluff either. It's nearly always the nuts.
                                  thanks Digi I appreciate the input

Comment

Hand 1- Im checking it aswell but i can see digis point now that he has made it.

hand 2 - Never folding either

hand 3 - Def bet turn there hate the check

hand 4 - dont like it but im playing it as you do you will be ahead a fair bit.

hand 5 - Funny the weird hands you look back on and say did i really think that was good.
                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

in hand one J8s, leading flop is best, with a view to barelling.

Comment

Had a pretty horrible session just there Down 2.5 BI's. Played one hand badly but apart from that it was a bad night. I'll post up the 4 main hands

Hand 1

Villain is 26/21. sometimes I 3bet pre and sometimes I flat. I call the flop because there is a major fish in the SB and I want him to come along for the rife. Ditto the turn. Hows my river bet sizing?

SB ($47.88)
                                        BB ($58.57)
                                        UTG ($60.67)
                                        MP ($58.76)
                                        Hero (Button) ($57.32)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, 10
                                        1 fold, MP bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($5) A, K, 6 (3 players)
                                        SB checks, MP bets $3.75, Hero calls $3.75, SB calls $3.75

Turn: ($16.25) 9 (3 players)
                                        SB checks, MP bets $12, Hero calls $12, 1 fold

River: ($40.25) 2 (2 players)
                                        MP checks, Hero bets $23.50, MP calls $23.50

Total pot: $87.25

Results:
                                        Hero had J, 10 (flush, King high).
                                        MP had K, 9 (two pair, Kings and nines).
                                        Outcome: Hero won $84.25

Hand 2

This is just plain bad from me. No excuses its just retarded. I should have squeezed the first time and I tried to back raise to get the vilain who was an overly aggro donkey tto fold. Cbet folded the flop. I know this is terrible so Im not really looking for advice

UTG ($82.44)
                                        MP ($50.50)
                                        Button ($50.50)
                                        Hero (SB) ($50.25)
                                        BB ($70.34)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, Q
                                        1 fold, MP bets $2, Button calls $2, Hero calls $1.75, BB raises $6, 2 folds, Hero raises $12, BB calls $7.50

Flop: ($32) 9, 8, 3 (2 players)
                                        Hero bets $16.50, BB raises $56.34 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $65

Results:
                                        BB didn't show
                                        Outcome: BB won $101.84

hand 3

same villain as hand 2. cooler imo?

BB ($50)
                                        UTG ($76.29)
                                        MP ($50)
                                        Hero (Button) ($50.75)
                                        SB ($101.84)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, A
                                        2 folds, Hero bets $1.50, SB raises $4.25, 1 fold, Hero raises $8.50, SB raises $97.34 (All-In), Hero calls $40.75 (All-In)

Flop: ($102) 3, 7, 6 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($102) 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($102) 3 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $102

Results:
                                        Hero had K, A (one pair, threes).
                                        SB had A, A (two pair, Aces and threes).
                                        Outcome: SB won $150.09

hand 4

this was my last hand of the session. Villain is 16/13 over 58 hands. I insta shut down all my tables because this put me on tilt and I didnt want to spew any more

Hero (BB) ($51.83)
                                        UTG ($82.83)
                                        MP ($74.17)
                                        Button ($50)
                                        SB ($64.31)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
                                        1 fold, MP bets $1.50, Button calls $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises $5.50, 1 fold, Button calls $4.50

Flop: ($13.75) J, 2, 9 (2 players)
                                        Hero bets $8.50, Button calls $8.50

Turn: ($30.75) 5 (2 players)
                                        Hero bets $37.33 (All-In), Button calls $35.50 (All-In)

River: ($101.75) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $101.75

Results:
                                        Button had 7, 7 (three of a kind, sevens).
                                        Hero had Q, Q (one pair, Queens).
                                        Outcome: Button won $98.75

Comment

Hand 1: I like how you played it. Id just shove the river though.
                                          Hand2: you know yourself.
                                          Hand 3: completely standard, ul.
                                          Hand 4: Sizing isn't great throughout the hand. Id 3b a bit bigger and on the flop Id bet enough to have a psb left on the turn. Or you can half pot, half pot, shove the river. Sick river, ul.

Good control to just shut down your tables. Im pretty good for not tilting but I know alot of good players who go on tilt and try and play through it and lose it all.

Comment

thanks Shano - what do you make of this hand? really was a tough night lol.

edit - villains was 44/11 over 30 odd hands

Button ($44.44)
                                            SB ($36.70)
                                            Hero (BB) ($51.75)
                                            UTG ($46.31)
                                            MP ($23.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3, 3
                                            UTG bets $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls $1.25, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) 6, J, 5 (3 players)
                                            SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: ($4.50) 3 (3 players)
                                            SB checks, Hero bets $3.50, 1 fold, SB calls $3.50

River: ($11.50) 7 (2 players)
                                            SB checks, Hero bets $6, SB raises $31.70 (All-In),

Comment

Any stats? hes not full stacked so i presume hes not the best.

Seems fine, Id bet fold that river nearly always. I understand how frustrating spots like that can be!

Comment

played a decent session this morning and lost another BI. Apart from running 2 BI's below EV I lost 2 300bb pots. I think I could have found a fold in 1 but the other nearly made me get sick all over the laptop. Im a bit iffy how I played the A2 hand but apart from that I thought I played well enough - confidence is a bit shook a the moment.

Im not going to bother posting any hands where I got 1/2 outered because its just unlucky and that's why I'm owed skalansky bucks

Hand 1

150 bb's deep

villain is 27/23 after about 100 hands. river is fooking puke? I was really tempted to fold here as this is never a bluff imo and he has my value range pretty well crushed when he ships but I just couldnt do it

Button ($50)
                                                SB ($50)
                                                BB ($53.47)
                                                UTG ($79.51)
                                                Hero (MP) ($86.83)
                                                CO ($51.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5, 5
                                                UTG bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75, 3 folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($5.50) 9, K, 5 (3 players)
                                                BB checks, UTG bets $3, Hero calls $3, 1 fold

Turn: ($11.50) 2 (2 players)
                                                UTG checks, Hero bets $8, UTG calls $8

River: ($27.50) 10 (2 players)
                                                UTG checks, Hero bets $15, UTG raises $66.76 (All-In), Hero calls $51.76

Total pot: $161.02

Results:
                                                UTG had K, K (three of a kind, Kings).
                                                Hero had 5, 5 (three of a kind, fives).
                                                Outcome: UTG won $158.02

hand 2

This is just ill - Surprisingly I didnt tilt after it. some turn card in fairness.

CO ($40.84)
                                                Button ($96.97)
                                                Hero (SB) ($72.62)
                                                BB ($95.71)
                                                UTG ($67.42)
                                                MP ($55.18)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, 8
                                                UTG bets $2, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($4.50) 6, 8, 6 (2 players)
                                                Hero checks, UTG bets $4, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($12.50) 7 (2 players)
                                                Hero checks, UTG bets $7.50, Hero raises $15.50, UTG calls $8

River: ($43.50) 2 (2 players)
                                                Hero bets $51.12 (All-In), UTG calls $45.92 (All-In)

Total pot: $135.34

Results:
                                                Hero had 8, 8 (full house, eights over sixes).
                                                UTG had 9, 10 (straight flush, ten high).
                                                Outcome: UTG won $132.34

Hand 3

Ok I dont think I played this all that bad. Villain isnt that bad - playing around 28/16 or something. I barrel the turn because Im trying to get him to fold all his pairs that dont match the board. After I folded he typed in the chat box "knew you had AK" so I dont think my read was wrong I just need to make a note of it n the future

BB ($75.71)
                                                UTG ($14.75)
                                                MP ($54.57)
                                                CO ($51.50)
                                                Hero (Button) ($51.90)
                                                SB ($79.43)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2, A
                                                2 folds, CO bets $1.50, Hero raises $5, SB calls $4.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($12) J, 6, 5 (2 players)
                                                SB checks, Hero bets $6.50, SB calls $6.50

Turn: ($25) 5 (2 players)
                                                SB checks, Hero bets $13, SB raises $67.93 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $51

Results:
                                                SB didn't show
                                                Outcome: SB won $103.38

I might not play another session today I'll see how im feeling later

Comment

Hand1:

He played it more like TT than KK.
                                                  Strange, but i think he played it well.
                                                  I think you can think about folding the river, and never do it.
                                                  ul

Hand2:
                                                  Nice cooler.

The turn raise is piss poor though.
                                                  Dont raise it like your a vagina.
                                                  It messes your river shove too.

Hand3:
                                                  Not a fan for the 3bet. Hand plays well multi way too. Maybe sb is squeezy so I might just fold preflop.

I barrel the turn because Im trying to get him to fold all his pairs that dont match the board.

Turn bet is bad. Just check and dont put any more loot in the pot.
                                                  Ask yourself:
                                                  What is his range here when he flats a 3bet OOP?
                                                  Whats his range when he calls a cbet?
                                                  What hands of this range fold the turn barell?

Good hustle

Comment

1. It's a cooler but I would prob raise flop as it will be easier to get all 150bbs in by river. I'm not folding river ever though.

2. I raise slightly more on turn so it's not an overshove on river.

3. Generally cold calling 3b from the blinds by most players is 1010+, maybe ak sometimes. I would prob give up on flop but definitely on turn. I don't see those lower pairs you want to fold in his range.

Comment

Thanks lads.

In hand 1 I dont think its good to raise the flop considering the board is so dry.

Hand 2 - agree turn raise is gay

Hand 3 - ok I butchered the hand I just needed to be told

Really appreciate the advice

Comment

Important part to notice is that that dude Check Called top set vs you on the turn.

Bizarre imo

Comment

played a couple of orbits of a new session and had to quit.I might move down levels - confidence is shot to shit. might just leave this altogether. very tilted right now

Button ($48)
                                                          SB ($50.25)
                                                          BB ($54.28)
                                                          UTG ($55.38)
                                                          Hero (MP) ($60.67)
                                                          CO ($50)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K, A
                                                          1 fold, Hero bets $1.50, 3 folds, BB raises $4.50, Hero raises $10.50, BB raises $49.28 (All-In), Hero calls $42.28

Flop: ($108.81) Q, J, Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($108.81) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($108.81) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $108.81

Results:
                                                          BB had Q, Q (four of a kind, Queens).
                                                          Hero had K, A (one pair, Queens).
                                                          Outcome: BB won $105.81

SB ($51)
                                                          BB ($79.06)
                                                          Hero (UTG) ($53.08)
                                                          MP ($51.27)
                                                          CO ($57.50)
                                                          Button ($50.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, Q
                                                          Hero bets $1.50, MP calls $1.50, CO calls $1.50, Button calls $1.50, 1 fold, BB raises $8.75, Hero raises $18.50, 3 folds, BB raises $69.81 (All-In), Hero calls $33.08 (All-In)

Flop: ($110.91) 6, 10, J (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($110.91) 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($110.91) 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $110.91

Results:
                                                          BB had A, A (two pair, Aces and fives).
                                                          Hero had Q, Q (two pair, Queens and fives).
                                                          Outcome: BB won $133.89

Comment

Bad run BK, take rest of day off, have a pint - come back refreshed imo.

Comment

really hasnt been a case of terrible work ethic I just needed a few days off to clear the head. Played a bit yesterday and won literally a few dollars. Both hands here are against a really really bad villain who buys into tables for 37 as opposed to 50.

hand 1

I bet the turn relatively small here because I think shoving helps him find a fold with all his Ax hands and Im never folding so I want as much vaule as possible

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (3 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($50.75)
                                                              BB ($15)
                                                              Button ($37)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A
                                                              Button bets $1.75, Hero raises $5.25, 1 fold, Button calls $3.75

Flop: ($11.50) A, 4, 3 (2 players)
                                                              Hero bets $6.50, Button calls $6.50

Turn: ($24.50) 7 (2 players)
                                                              Hero bets $10.50, Button calls $10.50

River: ($45.50) 8 (2 players)
                                                              Hero bets $28.25 (All-In), Button calls $14.50 (All-In)

Total pot: $74.50

Results:
                                                              Button had A, 2 (one pair, Aces).
                                                              Hero had K, A (one pair, Aces).
                                                              Outcome: Hero won $86.25

Hand 2

anyone find a fold here? this is HU on another table litterally 2 minutes after I stacked him with AK

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($37.50)
                                                              Hero (BB) ($50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, 10
                                                              SB bets $1.25, Hero raises $4.50, SB raises $36 (All-In), Hero calls $32.50

Flop: ($75) 9, 3, 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($75) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($75) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $75

Results:
                                                              SB had Q, Q (two pair, Queens and threes).
                                                              Hero had 10, 10 (two pair, tens and threes).
                                                              Outcome: SB won $74

Comment

Hand 1: Bet half pot everywhere. That's one pretty bad leak that most players have, they cbet too big int 3b pots that when it comes to the turn they nearly have to shove. I still see lots of reg cbet 15 into 20 at 100nl.

Hand 2: HU I'm not folding in that spot

What you need to do now for a few days is just get a bunch of winning sessions together. Even if its 2 buyins you win after 10mins. Just finish up and come back the next day rather than be pissed off after an hours play having only finished up half a buyin or so. It will defo help build up the confidence.

Comment

What you need to do now for a few days is just get a bunch of winning sessions together. Even if its 2 buyins you win after 10mins. Just finish up and come back the next day rather than be pissed off after an hours play having only finished up half a buyin or so. It will defo help build up the confidence.
                                                                  Yeah I think the goal for the next week should just be to get my confidence back. Like in some river spots yesterday I was checking where I'd nearly always bet for value. So I just need to steady the ship and plough on

Comment

Hand 1: I think i prefer to bet a little bigger on the flop and jam the turn tbh. I mean he only has 24.50 on the turn as played anyway.

Hand 2: standard.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                      Hand 1: I think i prefer to bet a little bigger on the flop and jam the turn tbh. I mean he only has 24.50 on the turn as played anyway.
                                                                      Actually you are right, I didn't realise his stack size, just presumed he was 100bb

Comment

Yeah I think the goal for the next week should just be to get my confidence back. Like in some river spots yesterday I was checking where I'd nearly always bet for value. So I just need to steady the ship and plough on
                                                                        My confidence is shot all year so far im pretty much at the border of moving down to 20nl. I ran so good all last year that it had to happen i guess. Its the biggest torture there is when you run bad. If i move back to 20nl think il set up a thread like yours.
                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

didn't grind today because I didnt feel like it tbh. played the 2.5k Gtd (10'r rebuy) and FT it for 140ish - lost a flip with AK v 99 for half the chips in play. I win that pot and I probably scoop for close to 700.

Just fancied a change of pace today. I just find tournaments easy as I nearly always know what to do its just straight forward. anyway up 2 BI's for the day so happy enough

Comment

well Im taking Digimans advice - played a short session today won 2 BI's and quit confidence is a little higher after yesterdays FT and todays win booked. Im going to go on the beer now and relax for the rest of the day.

Iv a feeling Im going to come in for some criticism for how I played the 2 big hands

Hand 1

Ok I peel here pf because SB is a serial 3bettor. Iv folded every time so far. there is grounds for 4betting getting it in here so I guess that was bad by me. I click back the flop because I thin it makes him spaz out a lot plus just jam in all his QQ+ hands etc which he prob should do anyway bu at least this way I can get value from spazzy bluffs

UTG ($101.74)
                                                                            MP ($50.09)
                                                                            CO ($63.31)
                                                                            Hero (Button) ($50)
                                                                            SB ($51.09)
                                                                            BB ($65.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, J
                                                                            1 fold, MP calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero bets $2, SB raises $5.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $4

Flop: ($13) 9, J, 10 (2 players)
                                                                            SB bets $7.50, Hero raises $15, SB raises $37.59 (All-In), Hero calls $29 (All-In)

Turn: ($101) 3 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($101) 4 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $101

Results:
                                                                            Hero had J, J (three of a kind, Jacks).
                                                                            SB had A, K (high card, Ace).
                                                                            Outcome: Hero won $98

Hand 2

Far more interesting - I have a note that says c/r flushdraws and sets. Flop is poor by me I'll admit but this guy is on tilt and has been constantly overbet donking. I thought this was a good spot to peel as I have a decent amount of equity and I doubt hes doing this with a Queen. Turn and river be sizing made me a little ill but taking into consideration all the above info I had to make the call

MP ($52.47)
                                                                            Hero (Button) ($88.67)
                                                                            SB ($17.75)
                                                                            BB ($87.62)
                                                                            UTG ($59.78)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8, 9
                                                                            2 folds, Hero bets $1.50, 1 fold, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) 6, 7, Q (2 players)
                                                                            BB bets $6, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($15.25) 10 (2 players)
                                                                            BB bets $6, Hero calls $6

River: ($27.25) 4 (2 players)
                                                                            BB bets $27.25, Hero calls $27.25

Total pot: $81.75

Results:
                                                                            Hero had 8, 9 (straight, ten high).
                                                                            BB had 6, 5 (one pair, sixes).
                                                                            Outcome: Hero won $78.75

Comment

Working...
                                                                            X