2 QQ Sat Hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 QQ Sat Hands

Both hands are from the $27.50 mtt sat to the $200k on ipoker, 3k SS 10 min levels 9 handed. 23 tickets, 25 paid(2 places of $27.50).

Hand 1:
    5/44, Avg 13.7k
    400/800/100
    Hero is UTG+1 with 22k and QQ raises to 1600, 1 fold and MP2 ships for 15k, folded back to hero who?

No real read on villain but he hasn't been active and doesn't seem like a bad player.
    The only other relevant piece of information I can think of is that the game will be terminated in 33mins(with one 5min break) because it ends 10mins before the $200k.

Hand 2:
    19/37, Avg 16.2k
    500/1000/100
    UTG+1 opens 3k with 15.6k behind, folded to hero on Butt with 16.3k and QQ?

The only info on this guy is that he could have secured his ticket had he stopped playing pots a while ago, but he didn't and took a few hits with rag hands.
    Roughly 15mins left of play.

These might be standard call/shove/folds in a sat but I'm not sure so here they are.

Fold the first one

Jam the second one

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
      Both hands are from the $27.50 mtt sat to the $200k on ipoker, 3k SS 10 min levels 9 handed. 23 tickets, 25 paid(2 places of $27.50).

Hand 1:
      5/44, Avg 13.7k
      400/800/100
      Hero is UTG+1 with 22k and QQ raises to 1600, 1 fold and MP2 ships for 15k, folded back to hero who?

No real read on villain but he hasn't been active and doesn't seem like a bad player.
      The only other relevant piece of information I can think of is that the game will be terminated in 33mins(with one 5min break) because it ends 10mins before the $200k.

Hand 2:
      19/37, Avg 16.2k
      500/1000/100
      UTG+1 opens 3k with 15.6k behind, folded to hero on Butt with 16.3k and QQ?

The only info on this guy is that he could have secured his ticket had he stopped playing pots a while ago, but he didn't and took a few hits with rag hands.
      Roughly 15mins left of play.

These might be standard call/shove/folds in a sat but I'm not sure so here they are.
      Hand 1 I would possible fold as you are in a good position to pick up a ticket so you dont really need to gamble.

Hand 2 I would flat and reasses after the flop (presuming he would call a shove pre with any ace). If the flop comes with an ace think about folding, if it comes with 3 under cards depending on what the villian does im pushing calling an all-in
      Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol

Comment

Id hate it but probably fold the first hand, a little early for gambling...

shoving the 2nd and hoping for his raggy ace or smaller pair.....

Comment

Fold the first one happily

In a normal sat situation, I push the second not so happily, but
          One thing i'm not sure of, that prob has implications on the correct play. It's 15mins to end, we need to lose 14 players, and average stack is 16k, as does hero. So chances are, unless there are lots of shorties, we won't burst the bubble. So what happens when the clock runs out with 30 players left? As the hero can easily fold and make it there.

Comment

Hand 1:

Result:
            SPOILER
            I folded

Is there any argument for open folding?

I have the table CL, the stacks still to act are 13.5k, 15k, 17.5k, 6.2k, 12.1k, 19.5k, 21k.(maybe should be in OP)

I was looking at the stack sizes and thinking that there is very little value in raising because I have to fold to a shove to all but one of the players to act.

While I don't have my ticket secured I'm in a good spot and can wait for a few lp opens to take some pots pf if needed.

Thoughts?

Hand 2:

Result:
            SPOILER
            I shove and tid pf

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
            In a normal sat situation, I push the second not so happily, but
            One thing i'm not sure of, that prob has implications on the correct play. It's 15mins to end, we need to lose 14 players, and average stack is 16k, as does hero. So chances are, unless there are lots of shorties, we won't burst the bubble. So what happens when the clock runs out with 30 players left? As the hero can easily fold and make it there.
            I wasn't sure about the time left relative to the stacks and blinds. I figured I have avg stack but shipping here will secure my ticket whether I tid pf or double up. Also the fact that villain seemed pretty spewy made it a better spot to shove.

The way this game ends is messy. Basically the game is terminated at 6:50 but there is a break for 5 mins at 6:45(yup, lol ipoker). The game then comes back to play a single hand before it finishes and you finish where ever your stack leaves you. With 15 mins left and 19/37 could we really ever find a fold since if we bump down 4 spots we are out of the tickets?

Thoughts?

Comment

Hand 1:

Result:
              SPOILER
              I folded

Is there any argument for open folding?
              Glad someone mentioned that i was thinking if your gonna raise fold u might aswel open fold but it seems too weird i probably min raise aswel, but then again you have 22k and the average when theres 25 people would be 24k so if you think theres better spots to steal and hover around that maybe open fold is correct?

Id like to hear dokes thoughts on it

edit, hand 2 i ship aswel.
              Thats mad the way the game just ends at a certain time
              Last edited by Laois Hammer; 01-03-11, 16:58.

Comment

Hand 1 Open min raising must be wrong if you're folding to all over shoves.
                I don't think there's much between open shove and open fold.

Comment

The way this game ends is messy. Basically the game is terminated at 6:50 but there is a break for 5 mins at 6:45(yup, lol ipoker). The game then comes back to play a single hand before it finishes and you finish where ever your stack leaves you. With 15 mins left and 19/37 could we really ever find a fold since if we bump down 4 spots we are out of the tickets?

Thoughts?
                  Then a shove is correct.
                  Think of it this way, at the break, you would be doing well to be 19th still, could well be 20th or 21st, total players might have dropped to 32-35 or so.
                  That means 9-12 players have no ticket, and these are all going to ship the last hand. If they are spread out accross 4 tables, that's 2 or 3 way all-ins on each. It's pretty reasonible to assume that the winners of each of these hands will jump ahead of you pushing you down out of the ticket place.
                  Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                  Glad someone mentioned that i was thinking if your gonna raise fold u might aswel open fold but it seems too weird i probably min raise aswel, but then again you have 22k and the average when theres 25 people would be 24k so if you think theres better spots to steal and hover around that maybe open fold is correct?
                  Our 'B' ratio (bubble ratio) its just below positive. Plus the fact that a lot of tickets means a longer time to burst means that we aren't quite safe enough to open fold yet. With the average being 16 blinds or so a min open is fine imo,

Originally posted by DaKlowen View Post
                  Hand 1 Open min raising must be wrong if you're folding to all over shoves.
                  I don't think there's much between open shove and open fold.
                  Why?
                  Given the fact that we are approaching the bubble we get through a lot imo. We only need to get through 43% to make it correct and this is before we consider extra value from times we get a caller and take it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                    Why?
                    Given the fact that we are approaching the bubble we get through a lot imo. We only need to get through 43% to make it correct and this is before we consider extra value from times we get a caller and take it down.
                    So in which of the two following situations do we have the highest +Ev considering we fold ever time to an over shove...?
                    1. Min raise QQ from early position.
                    2. 2.5x raise 24o from late position.

Comment

Originally posted by twitch1984 View Post
                      Hand 2 I would flat and reasses after the flop (presuming he would call a shove pre with any ace). If the flop comes with an ace think about folding, if it comes with 3 under cards depending on what the villian does im pushing calling an all-in
                      Definitely not this. Definitely.

Hand 2: Given ur reads on villian.... Jam it in his eye.
                      Last edited by islander32; 05-03-11, 10:58. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by DaKlowen View Post
                        So in which of the two following situations do we have the highest +Ev considering we fold ever time to an over shove...?
                        1. Min raise QQ from early position.
                        2. 2.5x raise 24o from late position.
                        Nowhere near enough info to compare tbh
                        Stacks, players, ep vrs lp makes a big difference too.
                        But very generally, the 2.5 open needs to get through much more to be +EV plus QQ plays much better when flat called so I'd imagine that option is the highest ev

Comment

Working...
                        X