Should I have got away from this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I have got away from this?

Hadnt much info on the villian apart from him raising quiet a few pots and taking them down without a showdown, so didnt really have a range for him, with such a drawing board I felt I was ahead

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds 50 Ante (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t26401)
    SB (t6044)
    Hero (BB) (t38966)
    UTG (t12825)
    MP (t42932)
    CO (t16861)

Hero's M: 43.30

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club:, A:heart:
    1 fold, MP bets t1200, 3 folds, Hero raises to t5275, MP calls t4075

Flop: (t11050) 5:spade:, Q:club:, K:spade: (2 players)
    Hero bets t8287, MP raises to t37607 (All-In), Hero calls t25354 (All-In)

Turn: (t78332) J:diamond: (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t78332) 7:heart: (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t78332

Results:
    Hero had A:club:, A:heart: (one pair, Aces).
    MP had K:heart:, Q:spade: (two pair, Kings and Queens).
    Outcome: MP won t78332
    Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol

Bleh. Its a sickener IMO. I dont know would I be calling your three bet on the flop with K-Q offsuit. Especially when it was quite a large three bet. However, the flop shove by him is pretty fishy. I think I couldnt fold though. He would have four bet if he had kings pre-flop so you couldnt have put him on them. Hmm...I will leave it to the experts.

Comment

I don't like your sizing at all. No need for huge 3b and huge cbet. You have to call now after putting in so much of your stack. He can still have draws i suppose.

3b to 3,500, cbet 4000 and the play the hand deep. It's nearly 100bbs effective.

Comment

Originally posted by ikilldurrr1 View Post
        I don't like your sizing at all. No need for huge 3b and huge cbet. You have to call now after putting in so much of your stack. He can still have draws i suppose.

3b to 3,500, cbet 4000 and the play the hand deep. It's nearly 100bbs effective.
        Most of this except calling is an absolute fist pump rather than "I suppose".
        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

tis indeed Tommy when you have lots of other tables open
          Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

your 3bet pre is massive, I make it somewhere between 3.5-4k

cbet less, snapcall now

Comment

As others have said, 3bet smaller. I like 3200. You need to keep it smaller if you're planning on 3bet bluffing because making it 5k+ is madness.

Seeing as he called pre, i don't hate your cbet size. I'd make it maybe 6800 or so but i'm always calling a push. There's a lot of worse hands that can shove on you there

Comment

was trying to put in 3.6k preflop but was playing a few tables so fu***d that up, my bet post flop was 75% of the pot, kicked myself afterwards but in trhe same situation I would do the same thing again (just get my pre flop bet right)

If I had have got my bet sizing right the post flop bet would have been circa 3.5 k and easier to get away from

Comment

Originally posted by twitch1984 View Post
                  was trying to put in 3.6k preflop but was playing a few tables so fu***d that up, my bet post flop was 75% of the pot, kicked myself afterwards but in trhe same situation I would do the same thing again (just get my pre flop bet right)

If I had have got my bet sizing right the post flop bet would have been circa 3.5 k and easier to get away from
                  Did you put the thread up as a bad beat, or were you looking for advice? The bolded bit leans towards the former

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    Did you put the thread up as a bad beat, or were you looking for advice? The bolded bit leans towards the former
                    No was looking for advice, was just explaining about my bet sizes (which I should have done in the op) as ppl were saying about the sizes of my bets

Comment

No was looking for advice, was just explaining about my bet sizes (which I should have done in the op) as ppl were saying about the sizes of my bets
                      Yeah, but no-one has even suggested that you should be getting away from it. His range includes so many 1 pair and draw hands that you should be happy to stick it all in. I probably wouldn't be folding AK here either

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        Yeah, but no-one has even suggested that you should be getting away from it. His range includes so many 1 pair and draw hands that you should be happy to stick it all in. I probably wouldn't be folding AK here either
                        I didnt put that across properly, what I meant was If my betting was smaller I would have had more behind and could have still have a niceish stack if I folded, the way I bet I had circa 1/3 of my stack in the pot so was fairly pot commited

even if I did the smaller betting I would still have called, so shouldnt have said "get away from it"
                        What I meant was if my sizing was smaller would ppl consider folding, put my point across all wrong my apoligies

Comment

I didnt put that across properly, what I meant was If my betting was smaller I would have had more behind and could have still have a niceish stack if I folded, the way I bet I had circa 1/3 of my stack in the pot so was fairly pot commited

even if I did the smaller betting I would still have called, so shouldnt have said "get away from it"
                          What I meant was if my sizing was smaller would ppl consider folding, put my point across all wrong my apoligies
                          Folding AA on a King high flop in a random $2 tournie is lunacy. I would never, ever fold this.

The way he worked out though, because your three bet was so big the pot going to the flop is just over 11k. If your 3-bet had been smaller say i'd have made it 3k. The pot is instead 6500, thus making your lead somewhat smaller and your lead smaller. It would then make his raise smaller and maybe you wouldn't go broke....maybe. Doubt I would be able though tbh.

Comment

this is a great flop for you you're never getting away from this absent a read on villain

Comment

Working...
                            X