Tourney Situations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tourney Situations

Hi all, Post one but I will give two hands for the price of one. Both are from the same tourney but different players involved.

Hand 1) live tourney down to the last 21. Blinds are 400/800 ante 50 you are utg + 1, with 12,500. UTG short stack 7,000 pushes. you hold 4 4. Push Call Fold?

Hand 2) 17 left blinds 1,000/500 ante 50. MP with 11,000. folded to you with 6 6. Fold, call, raise or push?

I have a view on both positions, but would like to hear from the great and good.

Originally posted by Nitty McNit View Post
    Hi all, Post one but I will give two hands for the price of one. Both are from the same tourney but different players involved.

Hand 1) live tourney down to the last 21. Blinds are 400/800 ante 50 you are utg + 1, with 12,500. UTG short stack 7,000 pushes. you hold 4 4. Push Call Fold?

Hand 2) 17 left blinds 1,000/500 ante 50. MP with 11,000. folded to you with 6 6. Fold, call, raise or push?

I have a view on both positions, but would like to hear from the great and good.
    1. Easy fold. You have no idea what's ahead of you and even assuming you're ahead of UTG, you really don't want to end up in a multi-way all in holding 44.

2. Super easy shove. No questions asked, just ship the loots in and cross your fingers.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hand 1 fold

Hand 2 shove

Comment

Wow that was quick.

Hand 1; I agree, but in addition to having no idea what follows and while you can assiign a wide range to Utg, you know you are at best racing. In actual fact the player just flat called and in the end lost the race.

Hand 2: I am not sure, in the actual game it was a shove, but is there not a case for folding or smooth calling?

Comment

Wow that was quick.

Hand 1; I agree, but in addition to having no idea what follows and while you can assiign a wide range to Utg, you know you are at best racing. In actual fact the player just flat called and in the end lost the race.

Hand 2: I am not sure, in the actual game it was a shove, but is there not a case for folding or smooth calling?
          44 is a fold regardless of the action in front of you, because of your position and stack size.

It would be a lot worse to limp 66 there rather than fold but shoving is best. I think people around here would put it this way: shove>fold>limp

Comment

No, it's a trivially easy shove. 11 big blinds, antes. All-in. There is no other play.

Fold the 44 also.

Comment

Hand 1.i agree also-instant fold.even though your playing short handed you need to be first into the pot with that kind of hand.(might find a call if i was big blind and stacked)

Hand 2.11 big blinds and the chance to be first into the pot.NEVER fold.allinski.
              inform yourself in forum with others

Comment

Thanks lads for the replies. Hand 2 was mine and I shoved, player next to me shoves with 99, game over. I accept that standard play is a shove here, but I don't think there is any harm in looking at other options. (maybe the next hand would have been bullets lol)
                Thanks for not being too hard on me.

Comment

Thanks lads for the replies. Hand 2 was mine and I shoved, player next to me shoves with 99, game over. I accept that standard play is a shove here, but I don't think there is any harm in looking at other options. (maybe the next hand would have been bullets lol)
                  Thanks for not being too hard on me.
                  Sorry lad we've all been over and through and round this kind of hand a thousand times on this forum by now. It's the optimal play. There might be certain situations where you could argue for a raise/fold 11BBs deep but nothing you've said would indicate this is the situation here.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

These are both pretty standard and simple spots.

Hand 1: Fold

Hand 2: Shove. I guess if you were UTG it might be a fold.

EZ game
                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Working...
                    X