Live bubble hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live bubble hand

Just a hand from a $11 live tourney I just played. 7 handed left, with the top 6 being paid (6th- $30, 5th - $45, 4th - $70, 3rd-$115, 2nd - $180, 1st - $300) Blinds are 4k/8k (no ante though). Chip leader has about 200k and min raises from UTG+1. She is fairly loose passive but has a peculiar habit that I've picked up on. She'll min raise mid to weak aces and KQ, and raises larger for large aces and mid to large pockets / monsters (and limp basically any 2 other broadway, SCs, small pp, etc.). Also isn't positionally aware, so their range is basically the same no matter what position.

Hero find himself in the HJ with exactly 90k in his stack (Avg stack is about 100k) and looks down at AKo. The only really short stack is on the button with about 35-40k (who folded both blinds to raises). The 2nd smallest stack still has around the 10BB mark.

So, my question is shove or fold (cause I don't like calling even IP)? If you fold here, what is your shoving range on the bubble in this spot?

Possibly the easiest shove you will ever have in poker
    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

The felt should go on fire with the speed of your chips moving over the line.
      http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
      http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Glorious shoving opportunity.

How good is your acting? Look pained and desperate before doing it imo...

Comment

This cant be real. There is a giant bad beat thread for you to vent about losing AK to AJ on the bubble. You 100% know its a shove

Comment

an ejacushove if you will
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Shove obv. You've more or less said AK dominates her entire min raising range so if called you're getting it in as a 70/30 fave. If you were deeper you could consider the flat. The bubble's not that big a factor here given the payouts
              My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Shove a roo

Comment

Originally posted by AKQJ10 View Post
                  This cant be real. There is a giant bad beat thread for you to vent about losing AK to AJ on the bubble. You 100% know its a shove
                  I know 100% it's a shove. Yeah, the chip leader tank called with A6o, hits a 6 on the turn and knocks me out. The problem wasn't the hand itself though, but something that happened afterwards. Someone else on the rail berated me for making the all in with the AK because it the bubble factor was too much or some other rubbish. I was just in a really pissed off mood when I made the OP due to this person.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Badger View Post
                    I know 100% it's a shove. Yeah, the chip leader tank called with A6o, hits a 6 on the turn and knocks me out. The problem wasn't the hand itself though, but something that happened afterwards. Someone else on the rail berated me for making the all in with the AK because it the bubble factor was too much or some other rubbish. I was just in a really pissed off mood when I made the OP due to this person.
                    railtards obviously, play your A game, fuck the haters.

Comment

You got it all-in of with AK verses A6 for the chip lead. and you are asking if a shove was right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                        You got it all-in of with AK verses A6 for the chip lead. and you are asking if a shove was right?
                        I was 100% shoving during the hand and 100% shoving now, but that argument after the hand pissed me off so much it clouded my thinking at the time of the OP.

Comment

That person was a moron. Ignore them.

Had you 3bet shoved with the same with KK, and stood up against A6, he wouldn't of seen a thing wrong.
                          Yet, the reality is you equity is identical, about 70-75%

Comment

If you're putting her quite firmly on a hand that you dominate then I prefer a raise to about 35k for fear that she might fold to the shove. Either way the goal is to get all your chips in, at any stage of the hand.

Comment

Absolutely perfect spot to shove especially given your reads. Min cashing should really not affect your decision making here. We are playing the tournament to make money and the only decent return is from getting to heads up. If min cashing effects your decision you probably shouldnt be playing the tournament in the first place. I've seen it so many times people folding hands like JJ on the bubble of small buy in tournaments which results in them scraping into the prizes with 2bbs and they double their money. Instead if they played like they would in general they could have a big stack with a chance of making much better money.

Comment

Easy shove
                                but with the lack of antes and the range you've attributed to villian I Prefer x3bet and get it in.....wp ul ...you owned the fish ....as for the rail tard ....challenge him to a heads up battle next time .......

Comment

Working...
                                X