Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Tourney Shove Spot?

Just a quick line check

1st is an €1100 EMOP ticket and 2nd is €236, no other places paid. In the last hand, i shipped K2, got called by AQ and i doubled up

The final table hasn't been in action long. Maybe 15 hands and we've lost 4 players. No reads on rugby or fionn other than they seem tight. Dellboy doubled up with AK v 88 about 5 hands ago and earlier i shipped for 6.5k from button and he called from BB (800) with 108 playing 11k

Stook raised to 4800 and folded to a shove leaving 9k behind and has since doubled up with 44 v A4 played weirdly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game # 2097851937 - Texas Hold'em No Limit 800/1600 - Table "Tournament Table Dublin EMOP Seat Qualifier 9841287 3"

Players(max 9):
    rugby06 (26,434.00 in seat 2)
    Fionn (29,959.00 in seat 3)
    stook (24,396.00 in seat 5)
    ELTrenFTW (19,170.00 in seat 7)
    delboy777 (37,041.00 in seat 8)

Dealer: delboy777
    Small Blind: rugby06 (800.00)
    Big Blind: Fionn (1,600.00)

ELTrenFTW was dealt: 8c - As

stook Fold
    ELTrenFTW All-In (19,170.00)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reads don't come into a lot, but do we still ship with A8o here, or do we fold and wait for a hand with better equity versus players calling ranges? People will tend to play tighter with just the 2 prizes so just wondering what the masses do.

I for one fold this in a sat. I have often played says where average stack in one is 5bb's. Survival is more important than accumulation IMO. Open fold for me. I sometimes in spots like this raise/fold hands and raise/call my monsters. Normal tournie I'd never do this but it balances my range and allows me to accumulate without risking my tournie on it because games like this are incredibly nitty.

Comment

Yeah I like a fold, we're not under serious pressure from the blinds, and people have seen us shove light, which I think means we can calm down, wait for a decent hand and get called light when we ship.

Otb I ship or steal this, first to act I like a fold

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        Otb I ship or steal this, first to act I like a fold
        He's second to act. 5 handed that's one off the button. Not sure how I'd play it. Don't think I open-ship tho. Raise to 3700 or so is prob my move, and fold to a shove despite how weak this may be. After the shove with K2 a raise will look very strong too.

Comment

I think it's very marginal in a sat, but it's just a fold for me. If I was first to act it's def a fold, and on the button is a steal / ship. However, you now have enough of a stack to wait and pick up a hand. I don't really think they will call you all that much lighter even though they saw you shove light, because your stack can now put a huge dent in any of their stacks. I don't see any of them calling with worse than A8o here.

Of course, in a regular tourney it's a ship all day long against players that are this tight (or seemingly this tight).

Comment

I dont mind the shove

Id show it more love if there were 2 tickets up for grabs

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
              He's second to act. 5 handed that's one off the button. Not sure how I'd play it. Don't think I open-ship tho. Raise to 3700 or so is prob my move, and fold to a shove despite how weak this may be. After the shove with K2 a raise will look very strong too.
              This.

& especially if you say the sb and bb are tight (and given your previous)...a raise can be as effective or look almost as powerful as an openshove, so in that spot raise/folding 3500-3700 with a view to picking up the undefended 2400 blinds wouldnt be the end of the world. You'd still have +15K, still almost a double up off the chip lead.....

Anyway, sure u might bink a seat next week tony!

Comment

I think its a fold tony. I know some of them players from their usernames, and I think if you find the right spot to get some chips, you would have a big edge on most of them.

Connie

Comment

If this was a standard 180 man or something it would be a shove right?

Comment

I fold
                    ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                    I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
                      I fold
                      Excellent post.

Comment

with 2 tickets even i think this is a fold but only 1 means you shole be jamming any +cEV spot you can find to accumulate, i play a fair amount of sats and this is close but u shove.

Comment

I think we should be shoving here. I haven't done calcs on it, but with only one prize I'm happy to try and accum chips until the next bust out

Comment

Cheers for all the replies lads, still not really any the wiser tbh but i think i'm defo leaning towards a fold

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                            I think we should be shoving here. I haven't done calcs on it, but with only one prize I'm happy to try and accum chips until the next bust out
                            This was my initial thought. I was still short stack and i know people don't want to be calling light, but i think my hand plays so bad against their calling range. I don't think picking up 2400 chips balances off against the times i lose 19k

I'm no good at pokerstove style ranges, but if they only call with AQ+ and 99+ how do i fair?

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                            I think its a fold tony. I know some of them players from their usernames, and I think if you find the right spot to get some chips, you would have a big edge on most of them.

Connie
                            This was my 2nd thought after i shoved! I can't say i saw enough to know i had an edge, but i think there's defo better spots. I regretted clicking the allin as soon as i did it because i don't think it's a winner in the long run. It was more of an autopilot shove from playing 9+ SnGs lately

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                              Excellent post.
                              Your post is quality too.

Marginal fold I think Tony. I don't think there's much in it really and it certainly wasn't terrible to shove.
                              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

why bluff raise with a good hand ?

Originally posted by ferg View Post
                                & especially if you say the sb and bb are tight (and given your previous)...a raise can be as effective or look almost as powerful as an openshove, so in that spot raise/folding 3500-3700 with a view to picking up the undefended 2400 blinds wouldnt be the end of the world. You'd still have +15K, still almost a double up off the chip lead.....

Comment

plzz dont fold, it is a shove matematically, heres a link to an icm calulator that gives unexploitable shoving ranges( not optimal shoving ranges which means if the table is tight you shove a few more hands and if it is loose you shove less basically)just plug in stack sizes etc, also the current setting in the structure box of 0.5,0.3,0.2 is an sng payout structure so change this to the payout structure of the sat to be exact but i am certain its a shove in this situation you described, i presume there was an ante if so super easy shove as people will be calling way to narrow, if not then its an easy fold
                                  Free push-or-fold Nash ICM calculations for the endgame of NLHE tournaments.

And heres the chart for your exact situation(presuming an ante of 200)
                                  Last edited by B8kedbean; 25-02-11, 20:55.

Comment

There were no antes in the tournament

Comment

I had played this tourny too, I either new or picked up quick reads on these players (shame I had my dinner and forgot the add on lol). You do not need to commit yourself with this type hand but I do not think it's a fold either v these sort of players. The best strategy at this point would be to come in min raising alot, I would not mind dropping down to as low as 5 bigs v these players because you could stil well and truly win a ticket easily. So i'd min raise and fold to a shove if happened. I would also continue to pile the pressure on with min raises pre as they get nervy and wil not call pre in fear the flop something small and cant get away from it.
                                      Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                                      My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

What site are these qualifiers on?

Comment

Irish eyes poker sir, if you want to sign up plz follow my link below or pm me.
                                          Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                                          My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

N1 blah will do as soon as I finish finals in bout a month....how often these sats running? are they all to that 1k in clontakf castle and ticket only?

Comment

Also without antes personally I prefer just mucking this particular hand pre, I do like the minraise steal approach in general but prefer reasonably high suited/connecting hands to open with as opposed to A8o as you will be flatted a fair amount, leaning towards a fold but like the min r strategy in general vs these guys

Comment

Originally posted by B8kedbean View Post
                                                N1 blah will do as soon as I finish finals in bout a month....how often these sats running? are they all to that 1k in clontakf castle and ticket only?

These ticket only sats are running on irisheyespoker only (not the full entraction network) on the last wednesday of every month, and are for the EMOP Ireland leg which is on in Clontarf Castle on August bank holiday weekend. (if they prove popular, im led to believe there will be more added).

There are daily satts on the network for all the other EMOP events (current one for satts is the Lisbon leg of the EMOP at the end of March). These sats are packages only, and if you did manage to nab one of these and wanted to transfer it to the dublin leg, I should be able to manage that.

Connie

Comment

Cheers Connie nice one! Jus have to get it done now

Comment

Working...
                                                  X