UFC 127 Penn v Fitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UFC 127 Penn v Fitch

Really looking forward to this, only a few days now.
    (btw I have a ticket availible for any IPBers in Sydney, face value)

Main card
    Welterweight bout: B.J. Penn vs. Jon Fitch
    BJ looked amazing against Hughes. But Jon fitch is an animal. future WW champ when GSP vacates the title.
    Fitch is value at 1.55 on BF

Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Jorge Rivera
    I don't paticularly like Bisping, but Jorge is coming off like a dick in interviews. He is talking everything up, about how he is going to destroy him. He won't, he is a journeyman, he is there to fill the card, and its a joke he is co-main event. bisping should be fighting a top guy if he is to push for title
    i don't fancy betting at 1.33, as Jorge has occasionally produce a KO punch

Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Dennis Siver
    Geogre Sots has sick BJJ.
    Siver has sick spin kicks.
    Siver has subs but he won't get one on Sots, Sots is maybe a target for the kicks as he has a long mid section. I'd like sots to win, to do this he needs to get him down and hold him there. I think he will, but the pricing is way off. Siver @ 3.6 is value imo, if he lands a spin kick in the first 2 minutes, he can break ribs and take the W

Welterweight bout: Chris Lytle vs. Brian Ebersole
    Lytle, easily. Would of been great to see conduit in this fight, but he pull last month. Ebersole isn't bad, he is has a good record, but his over priced has he has a recent win over former champ Carlos Newton
    Lytle @ 1.3

Middleweight bout: Kyle Noke vs. Chris Camozzi
    Noke was impressive on TUF - wins here imo

Lightweight bout: Ross Pearson vs. Spencer Fisher
    Ditto pearson, LW champ potential here

Light Heavyweight bout: James Te-Huna vs. Alexander Gustafsson
    Middleweight bout: Nick Ring vs. Riki Fukuda
    Light Heavyweight bout: Anthony Perosh vs. Tom Blackledge

Perosh is past it, he is just there as he stepped in a a weeks notice last year

That's about all the fights I have an opinion on

ill give you a tenner for the ticket?

Comment

agree with every result there.

only tiny bit of doubt is Siver over Sot.

Kyle Noke is disgustingly underrated and will be huge in a half a year or so id say

Comment

Sots should win, i think he will. But its not as clear cut as the odds suggest.

Comment

I diagsree with Fitchs price Bj's boxing is much better and fitch has been known to take punishment, even with a good chin if he lets Bj tag him with accurate shots it could be a short night for fitch.

I like 5/4 about bj penn for around €25 and a small €5 bet on the KO @ 11/2.

Like the 8/1 about lytle for the KO as you know he will connect will something significant so another fiver there.

then a €20 quad that pays about 7/1

penn
          Pearson
          Lytle
          Noke

Put my €50 out there and sit back with a load of beers and hope to be awake come main event time.

Comment

Who has punished Fitch do you think?

He's had 1 loss in 23 fights, and i think we can forgive him losing to GSP. He wins a lot of decisions, and generally just grinds lads down.
            BJs pace had been an issue before, but i imagine that's more so from the cut to 155

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              Who has punished Fitch do you think?

He's had 1 loss in 23 fights, and i think we can forgive him losing to GSP. He wins a lot of decisions, and generally just grinds lads down.
              BJs pace had been an issue before, but i imagine that's more so from the cut to 155

Its all about opinions i guess im not doubting fitch is a top fighter and its entirely possible that he will get Bj down and inflict big damage, can he stand up tp bj's striking before he gets it down though. Im just happy we are getting a legit main event considering we have to put up with bisping being on the card as co main.

Comment

Well I'm pretty sure the top pick is after 5 rounds with GSP, which is pretty standard to come out like that.
                the second is prob Saunders. He's had a lot of decision wins, which is the one thing I don't like about him, but i don't think he was ever close to losing them.

Yeah it's a great main event, BJ and Fitch are my two of favourite fighters that aren't currently title holders.

Comment

Wow, Rivera is really using his training tim well.
                  the guy is a fucking joke, he is just trying to hype himself up, really hope he gets knock

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNUJTFjT4iY[/ame]

Comment

Main card
                    Welterweight bout: B.J. Penn vs. Jon Fitch
                    BJ looked amazing against Hughes. But Jon fitch is an animal. future WW champ when GSP vacates the title.
                    Fitch is value at 1.55 on BF
                    Hmm, Majority draw. Bit of a bullshit decision.
                    Imo Fitch won rds 2 & 3. I was right judges were wrong.

Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Jorge Rivera
                    I don't paticularly like Bisping, but Jorge is coming off like a dick in interviews. He is talking everything up, about how he is going to destroy him. He won't, he is a journeyman, he is there to fill the card, and its a joke he is co-main event. bisping should be fighting a top guy if he is to push for title
                    i don't fancy betting at 1.33, as Jorge has occasionally produce a KO punch
                    No surpizes with a rd 2 TKO

Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Dennis Siver
                    Geogre Sots has sick BJJ.
                    Siver has sick spin kicks.
                    Siver has subs but he won't get one on Sots, Sots is maybe a target for the kicks as he has a long mid section. I'd like sots to win, to do this he needs to get him down and hold him there. I think he will, but the pricing is way off. Siver @ 3.6 is value imo, if he lands a spin kick in the first 2 minutes, he can break ribs and take the W
                    Got the bet right, although I thought Sits would win, i actually wanted him to.

Welterweight bout: Chris Lytle vs. Brian Ebersole
                    Lytle, easily. Would of been great to see conduit in this fight, but he pull last month. Ebersole isn't bad, he is has a good record, but his over priced has he has a recent win over former champ Carlos Newton
                    Lytle @ 1.3
                    I don't think anybody could of predicted what was happening in this one.

Middleweight bout: Kyle Noke vs. Chris Camozzi
                    Noke was impressive on TUF - wins here imo
                    Lightweight bout: Ross Pearson vs. Spencer Fisher
                    Ditto pearson, LW champ potential here
                    Both of these were on the ball.

Light Heavyweight bout: James Te-Huna vs. Alexander Gustafsson
                    Middleweight bout: Nick Ring vs. Riki Fukuda
                    Light Heavyweight bout: Anthony Perosh vs. Tom Blackledge

Perosh is past it, he is just there as he stepped in a a weeks notice last year
                    2 out of 3 here.
                    Although the Ring decision was a bit of a joke, that that one cancels out the BJ draw.

Comment

Hmm, Majority draw. Bit of a bullshit decision.
                      Imo Fitch won rds 2 & 3. I was right judges were wrong.
                      completely agree with this. no idea where they got the draw from

No surpizes with a rd 2 TKO
                      that knee to the head was vicious and deserved a DQ tbh

Got the bet right, although I thought Sits would win, i actually wanted him to.
                      talk about fucking up your game plan. i have no idea what sots was thinking.

I don't think anybody could of predicted what was happening in this one.
                      great fight, really enjoyed this one. definitely unpredictable

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                        that knee to the head was vicious and deserved a DQ tbh
                        When it first happen, i thought he was close to being up and might of slipped back.

But on the replay, he rose from the ground to upright kneeling position. This was a stupid position to move to, as he can't go anywhere. It completely invites the knee. bisping might of thought he rose to his feet (on his hunkers) in that case the knee is legal, but I think he was a trigger happy and went off a bit early.

talk about fucking up your game plan. i have no idea what sots was thinking.
                        I think sots simply couldn't get him down. Siver had savage takedown defence.

I can't play the press conference in work, would love to see interviews

Comment

When it first happen, i thought he was close to being up and might of slipped back.

But on the replay, he rose from the ground to upright kneeling position. This was a stupid position to move to, as he can't go anywhere. It completely invites the knee. bisping might of thought he rose to his feet (on his hunkers) in that case the knee is legal, but I think he was a trigger happy and went off a bit early.
                          It was a cheap shot, no way Bisping thought he was standing or on hunkers. He is cleary on both knees.

Did Bisping address this in any interviews after?

Comment

The thing is, he knows everyone one is watching. I'm sure he knew it was illegal as soon as he threw it. I don't believe he is retarded enough to premeditated an illegal blow. Look what happened to Paul Daly.

Can't get post fight stuff working. UFC won't play the flash anymore for me.

Comment

SYDNEY -- MMA Fighting spoke to Michael Bisping after his TKO victory at Sunday's UFC 127 in Sydney, Australia about why this was a must-win fight against Jorge Rivera, the illegal knee in the...

Comment

Never watched this stuff before but was at a mates house who was watching it, from what the other lads were saying if the dude who got kneed decided he couldn't fight on he would have got the other guy dq'd and would have won by default.
                                retarded not to.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                  Never watched this stuff before but was at a mates house who was watching it, from what the other lads were saying if the dude who got kneed decided he couldn't fight on he would have got the other guy dq'd and would have won by default.
                                  retarded not to.
                                  Nah, would of been ruled a no-contest, no winner.
                                  If he was going to be DQ'd the ref would of done it straight away,

Comment

i agree but bisping knew exactly what he was doing. look how bent his knees are when he delivers the blow. he was just in a street brawl and wanted to hurt rivera. stupid mistake tbh.

I think sots simply couldn't get him down. Siver had savage takedown defence.

I can't play the press conference in work, would love to see interviews
                                    either sots was too badly rocked after the first round and lost all energy, or he completely lost the plot. all in all he must have shot at siver, 3- 4 times max?, and only half heartedly tbh. if he wanted to take him down he could have with a bit more effort, regardless of how good siver's defense is. might have to check out the pm interviews also.

Comment

Yeah, good point on being rocked in the first round.
                                      It's easy to say he can do better than that, and forget that he was dropped twice

Comment

bisping comes across very well in the interview, fair play to him

Comment

Working...
                                        X