Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stats - 10k hands of rush poker or Who needs showdown winnings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stats - 10k hands of rush poker or Who needs showdown winnings?

Right, I said I'd post this at the 10k mark so that others who are playing can compare stats and results etc.

So I started off playing the same way I would play ordinary cash games. It must be said that I ran well and dished out at least one big bad beat, but it was clear this was a profitable game. At some point I concluded that being super aggro was actually the way forward. At the 8k mark I had a nasty swong and went backwards, but managed to spin it back up running hot and playing tight. More recently I think I've got the balance right and am feeling good about my game. I hope I can keep it up.

As you can see I've been running hot whenever I moved up stakes. This has probably saved my winrate significantly. I'm not properly rolled for 25/50 though so I haven't pushed my luck. I also recently updated HEM so it shows the few hands I played last night where it could tell they were Rush hands.

Stats by position. Strange effect of being in the red from the cutoff, which I assume is a statistical anomoly, although if anyone can point out a problem in those stats I'd be grateful.

So, anything glaringly wrong here? Any other stats you guys would like to see? If you're playing Rush, how do mine compare to yours?
    Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 04-03-10, 19:23.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Its looks like you are a long term loser who has gotten lucky over a tiny amount of hands. Stick to 10/25 until you can beat that. I just glanced at the rest of the stats, tighten up a bit.

Comment

Harsh but fair, HJ. In fairness, I've been experimenting quite heavily with my playing style given the new game format over this period so a lot of it is suboptimal. I particularly butchered two AK hands early on, and then my largest dip was playing while I had the flu. Not an ideal situation to say the least.

I'll post the next 10k in a few weeks then.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

If anyone cares, I've noticed that my fold vs flop cbet is about 10% lower in Rush than it is in normal NLH, so I'm going to start respecting cbets more and see how that works out.

Comment

My observations: You're playin a touch on the loose side. If you're not winning comfortably it might be an idea to scale it back towards 22/18 ish.

Your WTSD and W$SD are both extremely low. It seems like you might be having some difficulty reading hands. This should ideally be about 26/52. 43% won is really low.
          40% agg is a touch on the high side, particularly for micro stakes. I would say you're getting people to fold when you have the best hand far too much.

Your turn cbet is quite low. Look for good spots to fire 2nd barrels when people's ranges are weighted towards 2nd pair hands.

You're cold calling from the BB too much. Its very tough to turn a profit oop without the lead so tightening your range here can't hurt. Also your aggression and W$WSF from the BB are quite low. You should be stabbing at limped pots a lot out of the BB on boards where limpers will just fold a lot.

You look exceptionally loose from the SB. Most of this should be made up of steals and 3bets. If you're completing, or calling raises from the SB too much this can be a huge leak.

In summary 10k hands is nothing in terms of winrate, especially by position. I would say you're there or thereabouts in terms of stats but definitely have some big leaks. You should record a session and post it here. Its much easier for people to give advice then.
          Last edited by Guest; 09-03-10, 12:29.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            My observations: You're playin a touch on the loose side. If you're not winning comfortably it might be an idea to scale it back towards 22/18 ish.
            Thanks for the analysis.

To be honest, I'm happy with my preflop range. There are a few LP hands I could cut out, but I think I'd like to keep my attempt to steal % really high. So many players are ridiculous nits in Rush that it would be stupid not to exploit them relentlessly.

Your WTSD and W$SD are both extremely low. It seems like you might be having some difficulty reading hands. This should ideally be about 26/52. 43% won is really low.
            WTSD: I think this might be a function of Rush Poker. I'll compare versus my normal stats when I get home from work, but I suspect that WTSD is going to be lower across the board for Rush players. That's why I was hoping for some other Rush players to come in with stats. When your steal success and cbet success are as high as mine (will post figures later), WTSD is always going to be low. You can even see it on the graph, the blue line is extremely square.

W$SD is definitely somewhere I'd like to improve, and I'd love some advice but I expect without posting an entire session I wouldn't get much luck. There are an awful lot of hands where I give up on the turn and might call a small river bet, but still make it to showdown, so if I can figure out how to improve in these kind of hands I think I'd be set.
            40% agg is a touch on the high side, particularly for micro stakes. I would say you're getting people to fold when you have the best hand far too much.
            I also agree with you here. I'm always torn between giving people value for their draws and pushing out worse hands. I default towards betting and am often let down.

Your turn cbet is quite low. Look for good spots to fire 2nd barrels when people's ranges are weighted towards 2nd pair hands.
            Yeah I'd love to be able to spot good places for this. The only time I do it is when my opponent's hand is almost certainly a draw.

You're cold calling from the BB too much. Its very tough to turn a profit oop without the lead so tightening your range here can't hurt. Also your aggression and W$WSF from the BB are quite low. You should be stabbing at limped pots a lot out of the BB on boards where limpers will just fold a lot.
            I currently flat call with AXs, suited connectors, small pockets and KJ type hands. Where would you recommend dropping hands from my range? I'll definitely try donking into limped pots a few times and see how it goes. I usually do if the flop is checked round and a good turn card for it comes out.

You look exceptionally loose from the SB. Most of this should be made up of steals and 3bets. If you're completing, or calling raises from the SB too much this can be a huge leak.
            This is entirely steals and 3bets. My flatting range in the SB is the same as in the BB.

In summary 10k hands is nothing in terms of winrate, especially by position. I would say you're there or thereabouts in terms of stats but definitely have some big leaks. You should record a session and post it here. Its much easier for people to give advice then.
            I've thought about putting together a Youtube clip for people to look at alright. I'll see what I can come up with. 20 minutes would be plenty for Rush, wouldn't it?

Comment

Sorry all my advice was standard 6max. I really don't know how it would change for Rush.

I don't think youtube works great because people need to see stats etc. Just d/l a free trial of camtasia and upload the vid to Rapidshare.

I terms of blind defending ranges I think the gap between your VPIP and PFR is too wide particularly in the BB (as most of this is made up by completing in the SB), depending on the position on tendencies of the opener I would fold a lot of the weaker Aces even if they are suited and would even drop the weak broadway vs tighter players. You should go through HM and filter for this particular scenario.
              I'd be surprised if you were turning a profit defending a lot of this range even vs wide opening ranges. I strongly advocate doing all of my damage in position and/or with the initiative. I think my stats from the sb/bb would be about 22/14 and 14/11. This has the effect of vastly reducing the amount of very marginal OOP spots I get into and also makes me look like a tighter player to those who are just relying on the HUD stats. I run about 20/16 but am still stealing 50%+ on the button etc.

Comment

Just checked there, my steal success is 10% higher and cbet sucess is 5% higher in Rush than in normal. This should account for the low WTSD.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                  Just checked there, my steal success is 10% higher and cbet sucess is 5% higher in Rush than in normal. This should account for the low WTSD.
                  Steal success has no effect as WTSD is only calc'd on hands that you see a flop. As I said I've no experience with Rush but intuitively it seems very low.

Comment

Working...
                  X