Correct play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct play?

Ok should i of bet out this river and is it a def call after that any thing else wrong with the way i played it.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 (t4465)
    MP3 (t5330)
    CO (t3175)
    Button (t6240)
    SB (t13745)
    BB (t3175)
    UTG (t7680)
    Hero (UTG+1) (t5910)
    MP1 (t2675)

Hero's M: 78.80

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9, 9
    UTG calls t50, Hero calls t50, 4 folds, Button calls t50, SB calls t25, BB checks

Flop: (t250) 9, 2, K (5 players)
    SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets t250, Button calls t250, SB calls t250, 2 folds

Turn: (t1000) 4 (3 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets t750, Button calls t750, 1 fold

River: (t2500) K (2 players)
    Hero bets t1000, Button raises to t5190 (All-In), Hero calls t3860 (All-In)

Total pot: t12220
    Last edited by Trigger; 15-02-11, 22:07.

Raise pre, fine otherwise, can bet bigger on turn but no big deal. Don't show the result of the hand, you may not get good feedback if you do...easily edited.

Comment

Raise pre. Im checkin river.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
        Raise pre. Im checkin river.
        We hope he has a King or maybe flopped a flush, checking the river is awful

Comment

Raise pre, I tend to only limp 66 or lower at this stage, others may raise them too. Cooler, ul
          Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

Originally posted by Richie Lawlor View Post
            Really? I would be check calling. *Scribbles information in notebook*

Comment

Shove river yourself at this level imo.

Checking river is pretty bad.
              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                Raise pre, fine otherwise, can bet bigger on turn but no big deal. Don't show the result of the hand, you may not get good feedback if you do...easily edited.
                Something like that

Comment

how can you check the river

i'm going broke here 100% of the time

raise preflop about all i do differently here

Comment

Originally posted by Richie Lawlor View Post
                    Ya i taught about checking it but would of lost serious value if it went c/c, also if everyone def raising pre here i tend to limp here too much does let weak hands hit i suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                      Ya i taught about checking it but would of lost serious value if it went c/c, also if everyone def raising pre here i tend to limp here too much does let weak hands hit i suppose
                      I don't think c/c is the right line if you are going to check, crai imo, but best not to check anyway.

Comment

All is ok. Most like a preflop raise in this spot, I actually don't mind the limp. Either is fine imo. Snap the river and expect to be good a large percentage of the time.
                        http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                        http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Can I just ask something for my own benefit also. If the button is calling a raise and calling bets right to the river, then a river king hits should we be considering a fold because it seems to be a very high percentage he has a king in his hand? Or are we snap calling? Just something I would like to know so I can use it in my own game

Comment

Can I just ask something for my own benefit also. If the button is calling a raise and calling bets right to the river, then a river king hits should we be considering a fold because it seems to be a very high percentage he has a king in his hand? Or are we snap calling? Just something I would like to know so I can use it in my own game
                            We beat a King right?
                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

You do know we have a full house right

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                We beat a King right?
                                In my book yeah
                                Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

U learn something new everyday in this game mahoney!!

Even as played Im going for broke everytime here....raise pre would most probably always stop any donk playing K2o and k4o.......

Comment

Just raise pre.nicely played

Comment

We want him to have a king, AK, KQ, KJ are all likely in his hand. We beat all these and they all likely play as he did.

The king is actually a great card for us. We now beat a flopped flush, him having a bigger set is less likely. And 22 and 44 now stack off not worried about the flush.

The only hands that beat us are;
                                      KK-Unlikely given KK on board, and the flat pre
                                      K9-Unlikely given our hand + board
                                      K4,K2-Should never be in his pf callign range

So river is a clear bet/call.

I'm guessing you seen the K on the river, and thought his 3 of a kind, beats our 3 of a kind. It's a common mistake to make at the beginning. You'll soon associate pairing the board with a house(even when you don't have a set)

Comment

Working...
                                      X