Classics 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classics 2011

I like to do an accumulator on the English Classics.
    €86 for these two bets.

2000 Guineas

Back .................... Odds ..... Stake ....... Profit
    Roderic OConnor ..... 11 ....... €30.00 ...... €300.00
    Casamento ............. 29.55 .... €86.36 .....€2,465.74

Comment

No after-timing here then!

WP

Comment

Very much on the Frankel bandwagon myself, really original selection I know. Was pretty flabergasted by people who were dissappointed/critical of his previous run. Got him at 1.68 last week.
        Last edited by The Situation; 29-04-11, 23:17.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Frankel has 3 Group 1 winners to beat.

Would much prefer to have the field against him.

Saying that it is only a race to watch.

Comment

I've a small ew bet on Saamid without Frankel, happy to leave it at that as I don't think there is much value left. Pathfork was great value throughout the winter but is short enough now. Hopefully Frankel sluices in.

Comment

i have a few quid ew on roc for interest, it should be all about frankel.
              Last edited by japeye; 30-04-11, 14:06.

Comment

Fury is gonna smash this. I'm a big William Haggas fan, had a winner already today so string in form.

Can't see it out of the 3

Comment

Pace is my only worry here and Frankels proximity to the probable pacemaker. Once it isn't a repeat of the Dubai world cup type race were Queally ran a poor tactical race he should be safe as houses
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Frankel could win with me and my missus on board.

Comment

Going to take on Frankel with Casamento e/w @ 12/1, should reverse the places with Pathfork over a mile, whether that will be good enough win I'm not sure.

Comment

In again on Fury lol

Comment

Wow, fast at running imo.
                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

That was ridiculous.

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssh hhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Wow awesome

Comment

That's one way of doing it

Class act
                                Profit before people.

Comment

he is the real deal, wow that was special.

Comment

That stopped any sort of tactical race.

Comment

That was absolutely sensational. Can't believe what I just saw.
                                      Last edited by NewApproach; 30-04-11, 14:37.

Comment

What was the biggest he was in running does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                          What was the biggest he was in running does anyone know?
                                          Saw 1.35 just after they broke on Betdaq. Don't think he went any bigger.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Frankel's performance in a 2000 Guineas was probably the best since Tudor Minstrel won by eight lengths in 1947.

I have put €40 at 32 on Maqaasid in the 1000 Guineas.

Low draw numbers fared best in the 2000 Guineas (even ignoring Frankel 1st drawn 1) probably because there was a headwind / wind from the left that gave horses drawn low away from the stands cover. (high numbers are stand side)

A similar breeze tomorrow of about 15 knots. I'm not sure if this is significant.
                                            Drawn low tomorrow are:
                                            1 Memory - 18th (dwelt in stalls and lost 10 lengths at start)
                                            2 Misty For Me - 11th
                                            3 Maqaasid - 3rd
                                            4 Together - 2nd
                                            5 Havant - 6th

Edited to put in finishing positions.
                                            Last edited by kincsem; 01-05-11, 16:39.

Comment

1000 is obv faaar easier then the 2000 to figure out

Blue Bunting ew @ 33's with ladbrokes is the value here. Really progressive filly imo.
                                              Last edited by The Situation; 01-05-11, 03:19.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                1000 is obv faaar easier then the 2000 to figure out

Blue Bunting ew @ 33's with ladbrokes is the value here. Really progressive filly imo.
                                                Ping

Don't think I'll back both Guineas winners in one year ever again.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

I posted this on Betfair yesterday.

01 May 11 00:38

The Morning Line

If you were watching this morning Frankie Dettori said there was a strong wind from the stand side.
                                                  I'm not sure of this but I think he said stall 1 used to be on the stand side but now they have changed it so that stall 1 is on the far side.
                                                  He said horses drawn low today were at an advantage as they would have cover from the wind.

Finish___Stall___Comments
                                                  1___1___Soon clear and led
                                                  2___5___Held up towards rear
                                                  3___11__Held up off the pace
                                                  4___6___Off pace in midfield
                                                  5___4___Off pace in midfield
                                                  6___7___Behind
                                                  7___2___Prominent
                                                  8___13___Chased winner
                                                  9___8___Held up
                                                  10___10___Chased winner (Frankie)
                                                  11___3___Prominent
                                                  12___9___Always in rear
                                                  13___12___Headway into midfield

Pearson___+0.44___Breeze from stand side?

Weather conditions: Dry, breezy. (race report)

If you watch the replay on the Racing Post site you hear that Dubawi Gold (finished 2nd) was out the back, then made his move around the field to the right.
                                                  I assume this was to get shelter from the breeze.

The Pearson number above compares the finish position to the draw position, and gives a high correlation between low draw and low finish.
                                                  (0.00 would say random relationship, the range is from -1.00 to +1.00; a +1.00 would be draw 1, finish 1, draw 2 finish 2, draw 3 finish 3 and so on).

I'm not saying Frankel won because of the draw as he was out front taking the wind from the start, and Frankel draw 1 and 1st place improves the Pearson a bit.
                                                  Just saying the draw influenced the placings imo.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

An analysis of the draw and result of the 1000 Guineas.

Horse_________________Draw__Result
                                                  BLUE BUNTING___________16_____1
                                                  TOGETHER_______________4_____2
                                                  MAQAASID_______________3_____3
                                                  NOVA HAWK_____________7_____4
                                                  BAREFOOT LADY_________8_____5
                                                  HAVANT________________5_____6
                                                  MOONLIGHT CLOUD_______9_____7
                                                  HOORAY_______________13_____8
                                                  I LOVE ME_______________6_____9
                                                  ELSHABAKIYA___________14____10
                                                  MISTY FOR ME___________2____11
                                                  CAPE DOLLAR___________10____12
                                                  THE SHREW_____________18____13
                                                  SHOW RAINBOW_________11____14
                                                  EMPOWERING___________15____15
                                                  MAKE A DANCE__________12____16
                                                  LAUGHING LASHES_______17____17
                                                  MEMORY________________1____18

Pearson______________________+0.25
                                                  without MEMORY (left)__________+0.49
                                                  and without BLUE BUNTING______+0.70

withdrawn IMMORTAL VERSE

The +0.49 and +0.70 Pearson indicates an almost perfect relationship between a low draw and a good finishing position.

Blue Bunting was the only filly to do well from a high draw.
                                                  This suggests she overcame a big obstacle to win and that she is very good.

Maqaasid hit the front about 100 yards from the finish but faded close home as she has done in many of her races.
                                                  Another plus for me was her sire is Green Desert, who produces fast ground horses, and it is fast at Newmarket this weekend.

A good place to watch videos of a horse is the Sporting Life website. Put in the horse name and you can see all its races.

Draw is more than just which side of the track is softest, wind is also a big factor. If flag bunting is straight out it is 20 mph.

I know tl;dr.
                                                  Last edited by kincsem; 01-05-11, 16:33.

Comment

I read on the Betfair forum Maqaasid hit 1.7 in running.

Comment

Dettori said: "With the strong wind, I thought that I should just shield her behind some horses and, fortunately for me, they went a good gallop.

Comment

Epsom Oaks 3rd June
                                                        I have two small antepost bets

Back
                                                        Beatrice Aurore 24.02 €45.00 €1,035.75
                                                        Together 28.6 €47.00 €1,297.00

It appears that Aidan O'Brien will not run Together in the Oaks and she will go for the Coronation Stakes at Ascot. It looks like Misty For Me is going to the Oaks. Imo Misty For Me has a speedier pedigree and will probably struggle to stay the 12f at Epsom unless the ground is firm.

Beatrice Aurore is imo an interesting outsider. She won her last two races both at Goodwood and both with the comment "soon in command, readily" although these were only an 8f handicap and a 10f listed race. She has only raced at a lower level, but she has a middle-distance pedigree. Paddy Power have her at 16/1 and could be value each-way.
                                                        I do not know if she will run in the Oaks or not.

Sporting Life videos for any horse

After watching her two races on video I increased my stake to
                                                        Beatrice Aurore 21.17 €115.00 €2,319.26

Comment

Beatrice Aurore is owned by Benny Andersson of ABBA.

Comment

Like the look of Recital in the Derby @ 7-1 now that Fallon is confirmed jock. If they can sort out his head-carriage he looks sure to run a big race.

Comment

Originally posted by Warper View Post
                                                              Like the look of Recital in the Derby @ 7-1 now that Fallon is confirmed jock. If they can sort out his head-carriage he looks sure to run a big race.
                                                              Recital or Fallon?
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Kieren Fallon gets off Native Khan to ride Recital for Aidan O'Brien in the Derby.

That Fallon has a neck on him like a jockey's neck.

Comment

Misty For Me for the Oaks. Think the 8/1 ladbrokes are laying is too tempting to refuse ew. No guarantee she'll stay but hopeful considering breeding.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                                                    Kieren Fallon gets off Native Khan to ride Recital for Aidan O'Brien in the Derby.

That Fallon has a neck on him like a jockey's neck.
                                                                    Even Fallon is not stupid enough to say no to Ballydoyle

Comment

I'll be backing Blue Bunting @ 9/4. Best form in the race winning the 1000 Guineas and a horse who should be better over the longer distance.

Comment

I'm backing Blue Bunting too, I think she should be odds on and have to back it at the price and I think its gonna win easy too.
                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

No doubles, trebles, or accumulators landed.

Comment

Happy to leave it, because I do not think much of value left. Pathfork is valuable throughout the winter, but short enough. Hope Frankel gate inches
                                                                            Buy RS Gold,Tera Money

Comment

Working...
                                                                            X