X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KK

Online tournament on stars.

$1.20 MTT 18 players. Starting stack 1,500

I'm in the cut off with KK. Blinds are 10-20. UTG raises to 120. I reraise to 240. I expected to be pushed but just got flat called. I see alot of people coming over the top of reraises here particularly at the start of tournaments.

Button, BB and UTG call.

Flop comes out rainbow, Ace, ten, jack.

Hero??

don't minraise. Make it 290/320 if you're 3betting.

I'm c/f now with that many players.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiplesworth View Post
      Online tournament on stars.

$1.20 MTT 18 players. Starting stack 1,00

I'm in the cut off with KK. Blinds are 10-20. UTG raises to 120. I reraise to 240. I expected to be pushed but just got flat called. I see alot of people coming over the top of reraises here particularly at the start of tournaments.

Button, BB and UTG call.

Flop comes out rainbow, Ace, ten, jack.

Hero??
      What did BB and UTG do? It's a pretty vital piece of info.

I am gonna assume check since you forgot.

Pretty vomit board. Any previous with him? He can probably have all sorts of pocket pairs under 10's and a good few Aces so I don't really know if putting any more money over the line is profitable but I check behind and maybe catching the old Q-ball gets you paid. Otherwise probably folding here to any interest.
      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        don't minraise. Make it 290/320 if you're 3betting.

I'm c/f now with that many players.
        Yeah, defo should have re-raised more pre-flop. I was expecting a push from at least one of them. Usually get it at that level. Somebody coming over the too with Ax. I would have been happy to race preflop.

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
        What did BB and UTG do? It's a pretty vital piece of info.

I am gonna assume check since you forgot.

Pretty vomit board. Any previous with him? He can probably have all sorts of pocket pairs under 10's and a good few Aces so I don't really know if putting any more money over the line is profitable but I check behind and maybe catching the old Q-ball gets you paid. Otherwise probably folding here to any interest.
        They all flat called behind me preflop. A bet came in on the flop for about 2/3's of the pot then from one of the early positions. I was too busy puking onto to my laptop to see where it came from.

Comment

I might add that i was slighty tilted after bombing out of the $2.20 tournament with QQ just minutes before. I flopped a set, rivered a straight and was beaten by a flush.

Fcuk you poker, fcuk you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiplesworth View Post
            Yeah, defo should have re-raised more pre-flop. I was expecting a push from at least one of them. Usually get it at that level. Somebody coming over the too with Ax. I would have been happy to race preflop.
            why were you expecting a push? often people will 4bet push, but expecting to happen over every 3bet is silly. Flats are more common.

Also, "from at least one of them", there was only one other person in the pot when you raised. You are looking at the hand in hindsight here.

They all flat called behind me preflop. A bet came in on the flop for about 2/3's of the pot then from one of the early positions. I was too busy puking onto to my laptop to see where it came from
            You should really include this information in the original post, as it makes it a clear fold.

Comment

simple fold

its a 4 way flop
              it has been raised and reraised pre and called by 3 people, you are ahead here close to 0% of the time.

as emmet says make your 3bets bigger, you don't want to get into a multiway pot, you basically want to be headsup on the flop

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

What people said in more preflop and not really looking to put any more chips in now.
                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Working...
                X