• Time
  • Show
Clear All

UFC 126 - Silva vs. Belfort

Yeah looking forward to this card

My Bets/Predictions

Main card
    • Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort
      The first reaction is that Vitor is too old, been around too long, until you remember that even thoguh he was only 19 when he won UFC 12 and is 3 years the junior of the two.
      That said, I really can't see past Silva at 185. Especially given Vitors absense from the octagon for well over a year

• Forrest Griffin vs. Rich Franklin
      Franklin is the big fav here. But neither has been impressive lately, Franklin losing to Vitor, was clered by beating Chuck, but it wasn't really Chuck. It was an old guy who looked like Chuck. Griffin also had a hard time after losing to Silva, hardly embarassing in its self, but the nature of the KO was. Again clear b beating Tito, but again, old man Tito. I think Rich wins, but going ith the odds, the value is on Griffin, which is my bet.

• Jake Ellenberger vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha
      Close of to call. ellenberger is solid, Rocha is undefeated but yet to be truely tested. But on look at the odds make it an easy bet. Rocha is a huge outsider on BF, this is a mistake in the market. Time and time again we see a new guy enter a divesion, and clear the lower rungs, move up against a journey man type and the bookies excepts his first loss, only to clear up and go on to challenge the top.

• Jon Jones vs. Ryan Bader
      Epic fight imo, basically both guys have 12 fights, neither has been bested (I know, what the actual records say).
      I dislike Baders style, basically laying on guys and wrestling a win. Jones won't take much of that and I imagine he'll win via TKO

• Miguel Torres vs. Antonio Banuelos
      Expecting a clash here from the exciting guys at bantum.
      It's all Torres for me. Odds aren't great, most likely as he as a win over Manny tapia, who beat Banuelos via split. The guys unfamilar with WEC bets prob dn't look past this and the BF market is skewed, still think torres is best though
    Last edited by Mellor; 01-02-11, 05:02.

Only looked at prices now.

Cant believe Jones is as short as 1/4, have a sneaky feeling for Bader myself.

Looking forward to seeing Anderson hopefully back at his best, been a while since we saw him looking like a killing machine.
    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Looking forward to this event more and more now, such a class card

Comment

ye hopefully silva is back 2 his best,if he is its an easy win, and jones should finsh the fight easy enough hes a class fighter, looken 4ward to it

Comment

Handy 5 - Man accumulator that I'm 90% confident will be successful. None of these guys should be troubled.

Mike Pierce > Kenny Robertson
          Jake Ellenberger > Carlos Rocha
          Miguel Torres > Antonio Banuelos
          Rich Franklin > Forrest Griffin
          Jon Jones > Ryan Bader

Pays out at a tiny bit over 3/1
          Handy money, and will be lumping on it big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

My Bets/Predictions

Main card

[*]Forrest Griffin vs. Rich Franklin
            Franklin is the big fav here. But neither has been impressive lately, Franklin losing to Vitor, was clered by beating Chuck, but it wasn't really Chuck. It was an old guy who looked like Chuck. Griffin also had a hard time after losing to Silva, hardly embarassing in its self, but the nature of the KO was. Again clear b beating Tito, but again, old man Tito. I think Rich wins, but going ith the odds, the value is on Griffin, which is my bet.

[/list]
            Franklin has been impressive recently imo. No shame in losing to Vitor (unbeaten since 2006, with 6 of his last 7 wins by knockout). Old Chuck or not, Franklin still did a good job in putting him away in the first round. Also, Rich was very impressive in his UD over Wanderlei Silva.
            One more thing, his SD loss to Hendo in my opinion was the wrong decision
            Franklin wins this by T/KO I'd say, as we have seen Forrest's chin is not the best.

Comment

dont think franklin will have it all to easy, ye im waiting on silva and jones 4 my acc had casey to win the golf last week so hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                Handy 5 - Man accumulator that I'm 90% confident will be successful. None of these guys should be troubled.

Mike Pierce > Kenny Robertson
                Jake Ellenberger > Carlos Rocha
                Miguel Torres > Antonio Banuelos
                Rich Franklin > Forrest Griffin
                Jon Jones > Ryan Bader

Pays out at a tiny bit over 3/1
                Handy money, and will be lumping on it big time.
                These two aren't certs imo, i agreed that Rich will lkely win, Jake v Carlos is close, and i think the upst might land.

It's likely to com in for you, but not 90%

Comment

These two aren't certs imo, i agreed that Rich will lkely win, Jake v Carlos is close, and i think the upst might land.

It's likely to com in for you, but not 90%
                  Think so?? Ellenberger is an absolute beast. His last couple of fights (against very decent opposition) have been highly convincing.

Comment

I do think'll win, same with rich, just think that the value is on the other side as they are both too short

Comment

holy shit, stare down between Silva and Belfort, cannot weight for this fight

Can't embedd this but its so so worth it

There's a link to the full weight in tomorrow

Comment

can't wait for this one tbh. this is one of the most interesting fights we've had in a good while in UFC. wouldn't like to call it

Comment

anderson silva take a bow

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                            Franklin has been impressive recently imo. No shame in losing to Vitor (unbeaten since 2006, with 6 of his last 7 wins by knockout). Old Chuck or not, Franklin still did a good job in putting him away in the first round. Also, Rich was very impressive in his UD over Wanderlei Silva.
                            One more thing, his SD loss to Hendo in my opinion was the wrong decision
                            Franklin wins this by T/KO I'd say, as we have seen Forrest's chin is not the best.
                            Missed this post pre fight, I agree RF had been good in his last fights, disagree on the Hendo fight, but either way , two years is a long time.
                            Also, "Forrest's chin"??? He's only ever been KO'd twice, and obviously Silva made it look easy but I'd say that was more Silva being a legend rather than Forrest's chin.

My Bets/Predictions

Main card
                            • Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort
                            • Forrest Griffin vs. Rich Franklin
                            • Jake Ellenberger vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha
                            • Jon Jones vs. Ryan Bader
                            • Miguel Torres vs. Antonio Banuelos
                            4 out of 5 right. and Ellenberger was pretty close, a good day on betfair

Comment

Working...
                            X