Best lesson you ever learned in Tournament Poker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best lesson you ever learned in Tournament Poker

What's the best lesson you ever learned in tournament poker?

A couple of night's ago I was talking to a player I usually play with in a local pub game. He was shouting out about how he thought he played his KK great. Shoving (30 BB's) in LP against an EP raiser. The EP raiser had AQ and folded face up.

As I had folded an Ace rag = I felt compelled to tell him that he missed value by shoving (I never miss an opportunity to needle this player BTW). He proceded to tell me that shoving with KK was the optimum play because he folds out any aces that could beat him.

It got me thinking, that was one of the best lessons I learned when learning poker - what was yours??

Comment

Dont drink while playin

Comment

dont break your own heart by playing them.
        Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Never go boozing with a married man,he'll want to do 7 days drinking in 2 hours.
          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

This donkament I used to play then deal in good few years ago in Delgany.

There was this nit from Bray who used play it every Tuesday with his Da, used to be a nit myself but from watching him fold constantly and lose his chips with something like AJ every week made me realise that being tight was not right. He used try fold to the money then go out just before the bubble every week. He used being a friend the odd time think he is a island person now, he used do it too. Terrible players they were. Arsenal and Spurs fans iirc.

Taught me how not to play and helped me crush the Wicklow pub scene in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

Taught me how not to play and helped me crush the Wicklow pub scene in 2008.
              Thanks for the lolz.
              Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
                Thanks for the lolz.
                It was all down to Newbie tbh, he showed me the way.

Comment

Dont bluff the station
                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

In before Newbie.

Comment

Drunken postaments ftw

Comment

nothing in tourny poker Im afraid. however.

When on a train bound for nowhere, always carry some whiskey so that you might trade a swig for some golden advice from a dying gambler. Also if you do get hit by a train and the lord and the devil are playing for your soul, tell the lord that the devil WILL cheat and that he has endless aces beneath his cloak.

Comment

Working...
                        X