MP2: 6,455
    Hero (CO): 9,290
    BTN: 10,575
    SB: 20,735
    BB: 2,740
    UTG: 2,520
    UTG+1: 1,080

Pre-Flop: (180) 8 8 dealt to Hero (CO)
    UTG calls 120, 4 folds, Hero raises to 360, BTN folds, SB calls 300, BB folds, UTG calls 240

Flop: (1,200) T J 9 (3 Players)
    SB bets 1,200, UTG folds, Hero calls 1,200

Turn: (3,600) Q (2 Players)
    SB bets 1,500, Hero raises to 3,120, SB calls 1,620

River: (9,840) 7 (2 Players)
    SB checks, Hero bets 4,610 and is All-In, SB calls 4,610

Results: 19,060 Pot
    Hero showed 8 8 and WON 19,060 (+9,770 NET)
    SB mucked A A and LOST (-9,230 NET)

All fine.

Comment

Dont know....
      i would off checkd the river. As you had great showdown value and saving some chips just in case he is traping...

Comment

I raise more pre. Prob 480, but definitely more than 3x. I prob flat the turn and happy to call river or ship if checked.

Also, it's best not to show the result of the hand when posting HHs.

Comment

Originally posted by GedasT View Post
          Dont know....
          i would off checkd the river. As you had great showdown value and saving some chips just in case he is traping...
          And lose tons of value the 9/10 times he's not trapping

Comment

should the K be a major concern??

Comment

AA guy played it horrible

You played grand imo

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                And lose tons of value the 9/10 times he's not trapping
                I would be that 1/10

Comment

Originally posted by luckylawz View Post
                  should the K be a major concern??
                  It depends on villain's river action. If he checks he almost never has it. But he shouldn't be calling your reraise without a king(or a few other hands too) which is why I would flat the turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                    I raise more pre. Prob 480, but definitely more than 3x. I prob flat the turn and happy to call river or ship if checked.

Also, it's best not to show the result of the hand when posting HHs.
                    i know, its only my 2nd time posting a hand.

still getting used to it lol.

Comment

SB played it horribly..You can make an argument for flatting pre but jesus that is the nut worst flop possible for his hand given the action and he leads into it!?!

From your point of view at first I thought jamming flop is best but we are a little too deep for that. After the Queen hits I prob do jam to protect our hand vs Heart draws and to charge him to fill up with his 2 pair or w/e.

If he has a king then ul but realistically what king can he have? Based on his play he could have AK or KQ but before seeing the results think the only kings we can credit to him are KJ and K10 so once we've just called and hit our draw we have to go for max value imo.
                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

My first though was fold the flop.

Comment

I hate how both of you played it tbh

The fact that he was terrible and paid you off is prob clouding a lot of opinions above. Had you of edited so that he had KJ and scooped I imagine you get a lot more negitive replies

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                            I hate how both of you played it tbh

The fact that he was terrible and paid you off is prob clouding a lot of opinions above. Had you of edited so that he had KJ and scooped I imagine you get a lot more negitive replies
                            How do you play it?
                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Yeah I'm folding flop too Shano, also raising less pre but w/e.

Another big stack has led into you for pot when you essentially have a 3 outer in the early stages of a tournie. Think about it.

Comment

Limp or raise big pre (I dont like 3x in this spot), fold the flop, flat the turn. River shove is ok when checked to. Villains call is lol bad.
                                http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Didn't see there was a limper, 360 is ok imo.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                    How do you play it?
                                    I fold the flop

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                      I fold the flop
                                      im glad someone said fold flop, i thought everyone had gone mad

Comment

Don't like your play. I'd fold the flop and I wouldn't raise the turn. Obviously he was a raving retard who couldn't fold AA but against anyone halfway decent your getting no action or value stacking yourself vs Kx and AK

Comment

I actually hate the way you played this.

You seem to have lost your way in the hand. flatting in behind at that level is not bad but if you are going to raise id make it like 450-500.

Id just fold the flop here. you are drawing to the dumb end of the straight and have no idea if your 88 is good. if the turn bricks and he bets you have to fold and if he checks you might have to check behind. Its just v hard for you to win this hand.

Why do you raise the turn? are you bluffing? doesnt make much sense to be honest. The way he has played the hand, he has so many Kx combos in his range that you really only are bluff catching.

once you get to the river im shoving all day long hoping that the sb played the hand more retardedly than me.

Comment

Preflop is fine. I might make it slightly more, but not too much.

Flop is an easy fold. He potted it, and we don't have very much here.

Raising the turn is pretty terrible. If you get action then you've run into a K most of the time. As Downtown says, its almost like you are bluffing.

Don't even want to think about the river, cos raising turn is real bad.
                                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Working...
                                            X