Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we like how we got here and now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we like how we got here and now what?

Full Tilt Poker Game #27660065968: $50,000 Guarantee (211422934), Table 99 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:04:36 WET - 2011/01/27 [16:04:36 ET - 2011/01/27]
    Seat 1: Shlune (2,780)
    Seat 2: sargav (2,900)
    Seat 3: Hero (3,160)
    Seat 4: caddymix024 (2,895)
    Seat 5: Toty0611 (2,985)
    Seat 6: SteveTheWebGuy (3,225)
    Seat 7: xtubax (2,945)
    Seat 8: SpanishKey (3,755)
    Seat 9: OMGJayGatsby (3,000)
    SteveTheWebGuy posts the small blind of 20
    xtubax posts the big blind of 40
    The button is in seat #5
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Hero[Ad Kc]
    SpanishKey folds
    OMGJayGatsby folds
    Shlune folds
    sargav folds
    Hero raises to 120
    caddymix024 folds
    Toty0611 folds
    SteveTheWebGuy folds
    xtubax calls 80
    *** FLOP *** [5h 3h 2s]
    xtubax checks
    Hero checks
    *** TURN *** [5h 3h 2s] [Kh]
    OMGJayGatsby has returned
    xtubax bets 210
    Hero calls 210
    *** RIVER *** [5h 3h 2s Kh] [Kd]
    xtubax bets 2,615, and is all in
    Hero has 15 seconds left to act
    Hero has requested TIME

What about checking the flop/ calling the turn and now what do we do when facing the overbet?

i dont mind cking the flop but i prefer betting.

i'm raising the turn for value from draws and worse kings (and mid pairs that he sometimes will bet). if he reships the turn its disgusting and like to think i'd fold.

as played i'm folding the river now as we are looking at a pretty polarised range. i think he value bets Kx mostly but his shipping looks like missed draws(bluffs) and full houses/ straights/flushes.

since its early and we dont know much about him i think i'd just fold since we are not too entrenched in the pot and still have most of our stack to proceed with rest of the tourny. disgusting spot tho when we later find out he was a spazzmonkey.

edit:just see its a 50k tourney so i think its less likely we encounter one of those crazy dudes like at the lower buyins , so i fold for sure
    Last edited by bustamoves; 27-01-11, 21:43. Reason: sorry few typos/edits

Comment

flush also completes on the turn
      I think we see Kx an awful lot here.
      I think I'm calling
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Check stats, fold if competent, call if not, so fold here

I'm def not raising turn

Comment

yeah
          I dont mind the flop check.
          FD gets there on the turn - A4 was always there as were sets. The river shove does (IMO) look funny - weak even - but he's a pretty competant player - so I fold.

Comment

why did we check the flop?
            are you folding if villian leads the flop?

the turn is ok i think caution is the best here

if we are not going to call now why did we call the turn?
            what cards do you need to see here to make the call?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
              why did we check the flop?
              are you folding if villian leads the flop?

the turn is ok i think caution is the best here

Why did we check flop here?
              Sometimes I check back flops here. I think a balance is ok. Dont want to be check raised by 66 or something like that.
              Are you folding if Villain leads flop?
              No I dont think I would but sometimes I might against certain opponents. Sometimes I would raise a flop donk bet or float.

If we are not going to call now why did we call the turn?
              I cant understand this really. I know if we are ahead on the turn we are still ahead. When I called the turn, I was pretty sure I was ahead unless i was against a flush or straight. I wanted to see what he did on the river. Am I wrong in saying that it his the size of his bet that is why I consider folding? If he led river for 600-800 I think I call.

He is a good player and this line is very strange. I think he is hoping I have Kx on the river and thinks I will call. I certainly would over shove with a flush in his spot.

Comment

Your line looks very much like AK so when we take into a/c he is a good player we assume he can hand read and our range is very heavily weight towards Kx as it's hard for us to have 1010-AA when we check back the flop. Leans me towards a fold but whether I'd do it is another thing...

Edit: And I agree if he bets the river a normal bet I probably beat him into the pot but it just looks like he has read the situation perfectly and is going for max value.
                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Dirty spot, I'd call though.
                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

You played the hand fine, I fold the river as played easy fold to competant player they always do this with flush or full house, they do not bluff off their stacks early on trying to win a small enough pot in relation to their stack,it's jut not worth it and they no that.
                    Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                    My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                      That's very one-dimensional thinking,

When the villain leads turn (after c/c flop) we are ahead of his range. Obviously the river hasn't changed the reality of who has the best hand, but it certainly changes his range.

I timebank, OPR, and then fold
                      The over shove is either very strong or very weak. Given this guy is a big winner, I think stong makes up the majority of it. Flopped set i'd say, hoping to can't fold a flush or even stack off with AK

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                        That's very one-dimensional thinking,When the villain leads turn (after c/c flop) we are ahead of his range. Obviously the river hasn't changed the reality of who has the best hand, but it certainly changes his range.

I timebank, OPR, and then fold
                        The over shove is either very strong or very weak. Given this guy is a big winner, I think stong makes up the majority of it. Flopped set i'd say, hoping to can't fold a flush or even stack off with AK
                        obviously its one dimensional thinking, if i wasn't thinking like that i would probably be winning a few quid

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

He is either full or has a flush here. Reckon I'm snapping folding if we have any inkling that he's competent.

Comment

I'd bet the flop. Snap folding river.
                            Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Check flop, call turn, OPR river.

Comment

U played it fine, Ez fold now.

Comment

Snap fold this here
                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Working...
                                  X