Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand From LAPT Main Event

Blinds 75/150,

villain is young online qualifier, hasn't played too many pots but has made some big laydowns, KK on ten high flop not to much action to be shown a set,

he open to 400, UTG +2

we look down at JJ and call,

Flop 98ss4d, he leads for 600, we calls relatively quickly,

Turn Ah, he leads for 1350, we tank and call,

River 2s, he bets 2250, and we?

Wat is your calling range here?
    Thoughts on all streets?
    Wat does are hand look like?
    Thoughts in general

Stacks are roughly 20k effective ~
    Last edited by DrJFF; 01-03-10, 21:43.
    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

After you showed strenght on the flop and him leading out on the turn when the Ace hits i`d prolly fold like the nit I am, especially given he folded KK relatively easily on a 10 high flop.

I`d expect to see some funky ace like AQss Ajss, his betting pattern is fairly consistent. Flush is definately a possibility imo , because if he did have a overpair to the drawy board on the flop or a set surely he would reraise your flop bet to minimize the possibility of draws hitting

Comment

I hate the flop raise. I just flat. I think JJ fits much better into your flatting range.

I'd be really confused on the turn, and just fold. Its such a terrible spot for him to donk imo. The river is a definite fold.

Our hand looks like either 89 or a flush. I think I'd call all flushes and fold the rest. I'd probably call sets of 8s and 9s too if we still have them in our range. I'd just fold the 89 though. I'm calling most of my range cos of his line.

But yeah, I really don't like the flop. I really don't know what you are hoping to achieve.
      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
        I hate the flop raise. I just flat. I think JJ fits much better into your flatting range.

I'd be really confused on the turn, and just fold. Its such a terrible spot for him to donk imo. The river is a definite fold.

Our hand looks like either 89 or a flush. I think I'd call all flushes and fold the rest. I'd probably call sets of 8s and 9s too if we still have them in our range. I'd just fold the 89 though. I'm calling most of my range cos of his line.

But yeah, I really don't like the flop. I really don't know what you are hoping to achieve.
        okay actually got the hand mixed up i called the flop, will edit now, wats the villains range here?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
          okay actually got the hand mixed up i called the flop, will edit now, wats the villains range here?
          lol
          was reading tommies post and kept going back to your first post and then back to tommies post it was a bit confusing and i was starting to wondering if tommie was even in the right forum

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

has villain seen you flating alot of raises?how do ya think villain would categorise you? wat range do ya think villain has you on?
            Last edited by jackthree; 02-03-10, 12:16.

Comment

The A hitting the turn is good for you, because it removes a few hands from his preflop range that would have beaten your holding given his turn lead. But I'm not really seeing why he would fire out on three streets on the bluff unless he can see your cards. You could say 'he must think 1010 - JJ because I flatted the turn again + preflop, and that is reason for him to bet the river', but it wouldn't explain why he led the turn in the first place, unless he has x - ray vision.

I have a feeling this hand has been posted because he didn't happen to have it on this occasion. But that doesn't mean that folding the river here is not the correct thing to do most of the time.
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Wat is your calling range here?

Obviously all flushes will raise bar a small flush, the only flush draw i wouldnt play like this is probably Js10s. I'd have raised the flop with a set already so dont think their in my calling range as played. I suppose we could have 2 pair but unlikely and I might call with AJ and AQ too sometimes but not always. Pretty narrow range actually!

Thoughts on all streets?

Seems fine to me anyway, so far!

Wat does are hand look like?

Flush draw, straight draw or mid pocket pair, your range is pretty transparent really.

Thoughts in general

I think its fine, as long as you folded or raised the river.
                "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Yeah i got wat i needed from this thread,

i was the one firing the barrels i had QTcc, the villian was SixthSense19 the only guy in uruguay who knows how to play pokers,

i basically just wanted to find out if my bluff/line makes sense,

i don't know wat he folded but i believe his range for calling the flop is wide, and his turn calling range is made up of weak enough hands, but i believe once i bet the river my hand has to look strong to him and even a flop float with AT, AJ etc is pretty thin on the river especially when the flush is completed,

one thing he did was put out a raise on the turn and just called and this was a bit of a tell he had to gain info, but i read thru it cos he had done it a couple of times and when he fired the barrell he showed the bluff in previous spots,

anyways tyty

Comment

Yeah i got wat i needed from this thread,

a little bit off topic here

you must be a fairly good player and have a good grasp of the game otherwise you wouldn't be going down the road that you are going down ie as in turning pro. but when you put up a hand like above what is it that you are actually looking for?

is it what way villian sees your hand?
                    what do we think villian has?
                    did i play this hand good/bad?
                    what does villian think that i think that he has?
                    could i have played this different?
                    or is it just a line check? as in all of above

just interested to know

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

yeah eightball basically the Q's you asked, just see wat different people say, wat line us said was basically wat i was looking for

Comment

what a confusing thread wtf is going on here

Comment

Working...
                        X