keep finding myself in this spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep finding myself in this spot

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (CO) (t2545)
    Button (t825)
    SB (t1000)
    BB (t2445)
    UTG (t1615)
    UTG+1 (t1360)
    MP1 (t1140)
    MP2 (t1390)
    MP3 (t2645)

Hero's M: 16.97

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:spade:, A:spade:
    4 folds, MP3 bets t200, Hero calls t200, 3 folds

Flop: (t550) 6:spade:, 8:diamond:, J:heart: (2 players)
    MP3 bets t300, Hero raises to t600, MP3 calls t300

Turn: (t1750) K:diamond: (2 players)
    MP3 bets t700, Hero folds

Total pot: t1750

any thoughts?

Originally posted by deccy View Post
    PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (CO) (t2545)
    Button (t825)
    SB (t1000)
    BB (t2445)
    UTG (t1615)
    UTG+1 (t1360)
    MP1 (t1140)
    MP2 (t1390)
    MP3 (t2645)

any thoughts?
    I wouldnt have minraised there ye priced him into a call imo, the turn bet by the villain looks like a donk bluff for its size aswell, im definitely calling and check calling the river for a reasonable amount but im a gobshyte so dont listen to me

Comment

Originally posted by RyanHatfield View Post
      I wouldnt have minraised there ye priced him into a call imo, the turn bet by the villain looks like a donk bluff for its size aswell, im definitely calling and check calling the river for a reasonable amount but im a gobshyte so dont listen to me
      I too am a gobshite, but minraising on the flop here is horrible. What are you trying to achieve?
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
        I too am a gobshite, but minraising on the flop here is horrible. What are you trying to achieve?
        Ask the OP its not my hand, i wouldnt minraise here either, i never said i would.

Comment

Could be an idea to 3 bet pre. You find out where you are then. C bet flop and take it from there. I'm never a fan of min 3 betting. I think villains min raise pre is one than should be crushed and your min 3bet on the flop is achieving nothing. Aggression could have won you this hand pre-flop or post flop. Had he been open min raising alot? what info have you got on the villain before the hand started?

Comment

Hero (CO) (t2545)
            Button (t825)
            SB (t1000)
            BB (t2445)
            UTG (t1615)
            UTG+1 (t1360)
            MP1 (t1140)
            MP2 (t1390)
            MP3 (t2645)

any thoughts?
            This hand looks completely brutal tbh. Pre is ok I suppose. The min raise on the flop is gruesome. Ask yourself why you're doing it? Do you expect him to call with worse? Do you expect him to fold better? There's 800 in the pot when he bets and you have 2300 behind. If you're raising, you pretty much have to jam. I prefer to flat and keep all his worse hands in and extract some value that way. Then again shoving is probably better, meh.

Pretty ugly turn. Quite read dependent at what i'd do here.

That min raise is utterly awful though. Think about why and what you were trying to do(if you say 'to see where I was', i'm quitting poker).

Flishie: 3betting is about the worst thing we can do with AJ given these stacks imo. He folds out all better and probably only continues with hands that crush us. Flatting keeps his AT type hands in and we can probably stack him on A hi boards.
            Last edited by Moneymaker; 01-03-10, 20:48.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanHatfield View Post
              Ask the OP its not my hand, i wouldnt minraise here either, i never said i would.
              Sorry, wasn't directing my question at you. Was agreeing with you and talking to OP. I can see how you would misunderstand.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Flishie View Post
                Could be an idea to 3 bet pre. You find out where you are then. C bet flop and take it from there. I'm never a fan of min 3 betting. I think villains min raise pre is one than should be crushed and your min 3bet on the flop is achieving nothing. Aggression could have won you this hand pre-flop or post flop. Had he been open min raising alot? what info have you got on the villain before the hand started?
                I actually think the flat call pre here is the right play. Look at the awkward stack sizes. A 3bet and a cbet on the flop here commits too much of your stack into the pot.

Comment

Pre is fine.Shove flop. Simples.

Comment

Yeah obviously the min raise is terrible and achieves nothing.

Awkward situation with that stack size pre flop. If I'm 3 betting im shoving pre here. I'd fold here a lot pre with that stack size

Comment

thanks to all replies.
                      thoughts in my head
                      1. new guy at the table no info, might have folded to a bigger bet.
                      2 didnt want to raise the pre flop bet.
                      3 min raising the flop was trying to get A rag and KQ to fold (i would)
                      4 3 betting is basically committing my stack

at the time i was about 40th with 250ish left, plenty of time.

I'm not defending my play as i know its wrong, my game has gone of the boil for quite a while, i have a suspicion i may be playing too tight.

thanks

deccy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                        I actually think the flat call pre here is the right play. Look at the awkward stack sizes. A 3bet and a cbet on the flop here commits too much of your stack into the pot.

I didnt spot the stack sizes. 3 betting pre is probably not the right option. Forget that from last post but you can 3bet flop bigger. You have not given villain jj, qq, kk, or aa preflop so you should be pushing flop. He looks strong on turn and your not beating alot of hands then.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                          Pre is fine.Shove flop. Simples.
                          Yeah. 3betting pre is awful. Minraising flop isn't good. Flatting flop is OK, but I'd just shove.
                          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

thanks to all replies.
                            thoughts in my head

3 min raising the flop was trying to get A rag and KQ to fold (i would)
                            Why would you want to get A-rag to fold?

Comment

DOH
                              must pay attention

Comment

Working...
                              X