Line check? I.P.P.F Me hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line check? I.P.P.F Me hand

Its like the 2nd or 3rd hand of the tournament, Villain in the hand is from hungry and thats all i know.

He is Btn and Im in HJ Stacks are 15k, and blinds 25/50

Folded me in HJ I make it 150 with 5h6h and he makes it 300 to go obv i call.

Flop Kh 6s 3h pot 675

I lead for 400?? and he makes it 1200 I flat ( thoughts on this lead i dont think i like it at all)

Turn pot 3075
    2c? he bets 1800 C/c, lead, c/f?

Riverpot 6675
    9s just c/f?
    Last edited by Maloney; 23-01-11, 04:15.
    ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
    I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
    Its like the 2nd or 3rd hand of the tournament, Villain in the hand is from hungry and thats all i know.

He is Btn and Im in HJ Stack are 15k, and blinds 25/50

Folded me in HJ I make it 150 with 5h6h and he makes it 300 to go obv i call.

Flop Kh 6s 3h pot 675

I lead for 400?? and he makes it 1200 I flat ( thoughts on this lead i dont think i like it at all)

Turn pot 3075
    2c? he bets 1800 C/c, lead, c/f?

Riverpot 6675
    9s just c/f?
    for me personally i would have folded this hand pre flop!
    too early to be getting into trouble!
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Definite check fold river what can you represent guy has to call you with anything and he has showed strength all through the hand.
      Think your pre flop was fine id probably check call flop try not to play inflated pot so early.

Michelle he has 300bbs raising with sooty connectors is fine in these games very often you can win a big pot early esp from people who cant fold big pairs or who evervalue overplay mediocre holdings with 300bbw id be playing as many hands as possible esp if i think m table is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
        Definite check fold river what can you represent guy has to call you with anything and he has showed strength all through the hand.
        Think your pre flop was fine id probably check call flop try not to play inflated pot so early.

Michelle he has 300bbs raising with sooty connectors is fine in these games very often you can win a big pot early esp from people who cant fold big pairs or who evervalue overplay mediocre holdings with 300bbw id be playing as many hands as possible esp if i think m table is weak.
        i can see your point about the suited connectors but i prob would have only raised to 125 instead of 150 (not much diff i know )

But realistically (may be spelt wrong) i couldnt justify myself putting 300 into a pot preflop with blinds so small with 5 6.

Also its only the 2nd or 3rd hand so there is no info on the table or players at all.I just think its very dodgy at such an early stage and no real need for it

Just my thoughts
        Last edited by liz:); 23-01-11, 04:43.

Comment

Originally posted by liz:) View Post
          i can see your point about the suited connectors but i prob would have only raised to 125 instead of 150 (not much diff i know )

But realistically (may be spelt wrong) i couldnt justify myself putting 300 into a pot preflop with blinds so small with 5 6.

Just my thoughts
          So your saying if you make it 125 you can fold for 300ac?
          Might be the wrong approcah but any tourney where i get 15k chips ill say gamble with 20%
          Your putting the 300 in to try and win a big pot.
          I know its early in the game but its fun playing pots too.

Comment

So your saying if you make it 125 you can fold for 300ac?
            Might be the wrong approcah but any tourney where i get 15k chips ill say gamble with 20%
            Your putting the 300 in to try and win a big pot.
            I know its early in the game but its fun playing pots too.
            I just wouldnt be able to forgive myself for losing 3k in the 1st few hands with 5 6.its completely pointless at such an early stage of the game imo.

Especially when there is no info on anybody yet.

Also i would have c/r the flop instead of leading out but tbh i just fold to the r/r pre,fair enough its just a min but why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by liz:) View Post
              I just wouldnt be able to forgive myself for losing 3k in the 1st few hands with 5 6.its completely pointless at such an early stage of the game imo.

Especially when there is no info on anybody yet.

Also i would have c/r the flop instead of leading out but tbh i just fold to the r/r pre,fair enough its just a min but why bother.

So if the op hits trips 2 pair or a flush trips probably being most disguised would it have been completely pointless?

Cr the flop is madness without reads guy could go nuts here with ak KK or AA his most likely holding.
              Losing pots is a part of the game speculate too accumulate and losing 20%of stack far from ideal but laods of play and time to get them back.

Comment

So if the op hits trips 2 pair or a flush trips probably being most disguised would it have been completely pointless?

Cr the flop is madness without reads guy could go nuts here with ak KK or AA his most likely holding.
                Losing pots is a part of the game speculate too accumulate and losing 20%of stack far from ideal but laods of play and time to get them back.
                personally when i c/r the flop if i get rr i just fold,im prepared to fold middle pair with only a 6 high flush draw.im prob totally wrong but the hand just proves the point of the mess that you can get into playing the hand in the 1st place

Comment

im with sickpuppy on this,defo call pre flop,check call flop as to been re raised on flop,but check fold turn and river

Comment

[QUOTE=Maloney;237103]Its like the 2nd or 3rd hand of the tournament, Villain in the hand is from HUNGARY and thats all i know.

QUOTE]

Jesus that ye not see that you had the most importamt piece of information available, he was from Hungary, shove pre flop imo

Comment

i don't like the lead on the flop...like what are you trying to achieve here?

check call, and if he fires turn i prob fold most of the time....

why wouldn't you play these type of hands in the first level?? like if ya don't play these hands i'm assuming you don't play A10,AJ,KJ,KQ etc??id prefer to play suited connectors early on than these types of hands....
                      https://twitter.com/#!/PadraigONeill89

Comment

Raise pre is fine...flatting the 3bet is standard also

check the flop, it's stupid inflating a pot so early in a tourny with a draw hand suyre u have a pair but its just a 6...play that type hand more aggressivly in later stages...or cash games.

putting in 1800 already to try hit its madness mainly it's all down to you inflatting the pot on the flop for no reason..like taking down the pot on flop doesn't really help your stack in anyway.

River is obv fold.
                        Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                        My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Sickpuppy is right liz....your also inflating pots for no reason..it's early in tourny chill just play along see some cheap cards speculate but do so cheaply,leave the fancy stuff for later too much weetabix had this morning me thinks.

Comment

Pre is standard. I'd be check calling flop and taking it from there. I take it on turn you check called? I prob would hacve given up at this stage but don't think I would have got to this point at all with such a big pot, check/fold river

Comment

Pre is ok, donking the flop achieves nothing, id fold the turn. River is a super easy fold.
                              http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                              http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Pre is fine. I'd usually check-call the flop but if you lead out on the flop you have to 4 bet and be prepared to get it in - which I don't mind (would depend on my move whether I'd do it or not!!). Only hand that has you in bad shape is KK. Re-raise to 4k and call a shove. Or min-reraise and shove if he makes it 6,400-8k. Only if you're prepared to flip this early on tho. However, it would rarely get to a flip if you're that aggressive.

Standard would be check-call flop, check-call turn and check-fold river. Check-raise on turn isn't good option imo as would have to be for full stack to work and will get called much easier that it will on the flop and we'd be in much worse shape.

Comment

Why is folding the turn a common option from people here? He has 17 outs to anything but a set. (9 hearts, 2 6's, 3 5's and 3 non-heart 4's)

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                    Pre is fine. I'd usually check-call the flop but if you lead out on the flop you have to 4 bet and be prepared to get it in - which I don't mind (would depend on my move whether I'd do it or not!!). Only hand that has you in bad shape is KK. Re-raise to 4k and call a shove. Or min-reraise and shove if he makes it 6,400-8k. Only if you're prepared to flip this early on tho. However, it would rarely get to a flip if you're that aggressive.

Standard would be check-call flop, check-call turn and check-fold river. Check-raise on turn isn't good option imo as would have to be for full stack to work and will get called much easier that it will on the flop and we'd be in much worse shape.
                                    Wow the first part to this answer is sheer madness never try this, much easier to grind up your stack or at least get it in with the old 80-20 or 70-30 advantage which is standard not a flip which is what your soing ere, play early stages of tournys without the risk of flipping or getting a guy to fold in first level! Just madness! Playing this aggressive later in tournie im all for just not very start.

Comment

Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
                                      Wow the first part to this answer is sheer madness never try this, much easier to grind up your stack or at least get it in with the old 80-20 or 70-30 advantage which is standard not a flip which is what your soing ere, play early stages of tournys without the risk of flipping or getting a guy to fold in first level! Just madness! Playing this aggressive later in tournie im all for just not very start.
                                      Wouldn't be safest play so prob not optimal, but in a field that big I wouldn't be completely against going for a big pot early on and if it works you take control of the table and should be able to push on to a very nice stack from there. The odds of it actually getting down to a flip are pretty slim as I think this early the other guy will usually back down first.

If you're the kind of player that opens with 56 suited then surely this kind of play has to be in your range. If you want to play for only 70-80% pots then this kind of hand should be insta-mucked pre, no?

Comment

Pre is totally standard imo. Folding would be downright nitty.

Playing for stacks post-flop is pretty mental when we're this deep to be honest. What hands get 300BBs over the line that we really dominate? We're flipping or drawing to a bare flush more often then not. Just check/call the flop and go from there.

I'm never folding the turn to any reasonable sized bet either.

Comment

Wouldn't be safest play so prob not optimal, but in a field that big I wouldn't be completely against going for a big pot early on and if it works you take control of the table and should be able to push on to a very nice stack from there. The odds of it actually getting down to a flip are pretty slim as I think this early the other guy will usually back down first.

If you're the kind of player that opens with 56 suited then surely this kind of play has to be in your range. If you want to play for only 70-80% pots then this kind of hand should be insta-mucked pre, no?
                                          With the field more than likely v soft there is no need for this play you can probably do what you said without getting a double up early or nice start of 10k etc.

You play the 56 sooted for sure you can flop ppl dead with straights or flushes or be in position and take down some nice pots with a hand that plays good early on in a tourny... it's cheap to get in,great to maximise profits and if you miss it is v easy to let it go and move onto the next spot. Early stage if im getting it in, im 100% certain im ahead and my opponent is practically dead or else I pot control always to what needs be with certain hands.

Comment

Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
                                            With the field more than likely v soft there is no need for this play you can probably do what you said without getting a double up early or nice start of 10k etc.

You play the 56 sooted for sure you can flop ppl dead with straights or flushes or be in position and take down some nice pots with a hand that plays good early on in a tourny... it's cheap to get in,great to maximise profits and if you miss it is v easy to let it go and move onto the next spot. Early stage if im getting it in, im 100% certain im ahead and my opponent is practically dead or else I pot control always to what needs be with certain hands.
                                            Point taken. Tbh I was more looking to see if there was support for that play and to see if anyone would play it that way. Don't think I'd be playing it the super-agro way and would check-call twice. It's just, with what seems to be a breed of hyper-agro players that build up huges stacks in tournaments and try to dominate the field from start to end (be it a crushing win or a massive blow up near the bubble!), I wanted to see if there was anyone like that here or if anyone thought it was a good play.

PS: Sorry for the derail Stephen!!
                                            Last edited by NuckChorris; 24-01-11, 12:58.

Comment

I\'d always call the 1800 on the turn here.
                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Pre is fine

Flop lead is bad imo, not after the 3bet pre

Turn is super standard c/c, folding would be horrible

River is rather easy decision tbh

Comment

Point taken. Tbh I was more looking to see if there was support for that play and to see if anyone would play it that way. Don't think I'd be playing it the super-agro way and would check-call twice. It's just, with what seems to be a breed of hyper-agro players that build up huges stacks in tournaments and try to dominate the field from start to end (be it a crushing win or a massive blow up near the bubble!), I wanted to see if there was anyone like that here or if anyone thought it was a good play.

PS: Sorry for the derail Stephen!!
                                                  Yeah I hear ya, the way they do get stacks is they call the 1,800, bink the river n bet like 4k n get called...it's true but there are other ways to increase your stack with selective aggression etc. I doubled my stack in latest Emop without having my chips at risk by level 3, showdown win 100%, I won everyhand I played untill coolerd, so pretty much all about selective aggression.

Comment

Yeah pretty sure the best way is just c/c flop and turn i obv called, and checked river he checked behind With 88 i was like wft.
                                                    Last edited by Maloney; 27-01-11, 00:51.
                                                    ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                    I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Working...
                                                    X