Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.5euro 1500gtd 6seat Ladbrokes: 3bet pot. Decision on flop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.5euro 1500gtd 6seat Ladbrokes: 3bet pot. Decision on flop?

** Hand # 3173295958 starting - 2010-02-26 22:44:35
    ** €1,500 GUARANTEED (6 SEAT)[3360238]:Table 50 [Multi Table Hold'em] (150|300 NL - MTT) Real Money

bristolrob sitting in seat 1 with 6220.00[Dealer]
    defender2 sitting in seat 2 with 6745.00
    Hoegie2 sitting in seat 3 with 2180.00
    Kokkok1 sitting in seat 4 with 3603.75
    SantaC sitting in seat 5 with 15161.25
    Kipi91 sitting in seat 6 with 3270.00
    defender2 posted the small blind - 75.00
    Hoegie2 posted the big blind - 150.00

** Dealing cards to SantaC: 9c, 9d
    Kokkok1 folded
    SantaC raised to 450.00
    Kipi91 folded
    bristolrob raised to 1050.00
    defender2 folded
    Hoegie2 folded
    SantaC called - 1050.00

** Dealing the flop: 4s, 4d, 3d
    SantaC checked
    bristolrob bet - 2250.00

I am SantaC and have a very aggresive table image and have been raising and 3 betting nearly every pot. Have been raising bristolrob's bb every round but in this hand he had position and 3 bet pre...

has anyone any thoughts on what to do here?

I'd call

But im awful

Edit

My thinking behind it he has an A K/A Q hand and is trying to push u off the pot maybe.
    Last edited by MegaSin; 25-02-10, 23:32.

Comment

he's betting just under half his stack so if i call would he not be pushing whatever turn comes?

Comment

Originally posted by Flishie View Post
        he's betting just under half his stack so if i call would he not be pushing whatever turn comes?
        Sorry mis read the hand I thought he shoved all in.

Im shoving back here. UL if he has a four or higher pair

Comment

ANy stats on villian?
          What was your flop plan? Were you calling preflop to set mine or c/f any flop which doesn't have a 9 in it? It's a pretty good flop for a pair of 9's. Why did you check?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
            ANy stats on villian?
            What was your flop plan? Were you calling preflop to set mine or c/f any flop which doesn't have a 9 in it? It's a pretty good flop for a pair of 9's. Why did you check?
            I'm thinking I have been raising so much that he misreads it for weakness and I call pre to see the right flop. When i check i'm waiting for him to push all in and i would call. His bet throws me way off so i go into the tank.

Comment

His bet was what threw me off. but ha planned on doing that. Figure he's tilting slightly because I've been controling the play.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                Sorry mis read the hand I thought he shoved all in.

Im shoving back here. UL if he has a four or higher pair
                His bet was what threw me off. but ha planned on doing that. Figure he's tilting slightly because I've been controling the play

Comment

By betting half his stack - he's effectivley shoving IMO. Get your stack in so.
                  Be prepared to see QQ,KK or AA.

Comment

Great flop for AKd. he did 3 bet pre so thats a possibilty also it looks good for 7s r the like.

You've been rasing his blind every chance you get so might have put your hand in the cookie jar once to often.

if you can put him on AK well then its a snap, 7s a snap if he has you by the short and curlys you still have 6/7k in chips and your playing aggresive you should have no big problems getting them back just take a couple of deep breath to get the wind back in your sails and off you go again.
                    http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Well I eventually pushed and he calls showing Ad 5d to turn the nuts straight flush. I made the right call(push) but was sure wheter or not his holding is going to beat 99 in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post
                        Great flop for AKd. he did 3 bet pre so thats a possibilty also it looks good for 7s r the like.

You've been rasing his blind every chance you get so might have put your hand in the cookie jar once to often.

if you can put him on AK well then its a snap, 7s a snap if he has you by the short and curlys you still have 6/7k in chips and your playing aggresive you should have no big problems getting them back just take a couple of deep breath to get the wind back in your sails and off you go again.

Got back into it after the beat and made the money.
                        thanks for the comment

Comment

I'd consider this a pretty standard jam preflop over the 3b. I think calling the 3b is quite bad.
                          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                            I'd consider this a pretty standard jam preflop over the 3b. I think calling the 3b is quite bad.
                            I agree with calling being pretty bad but I am not sure that it's a standard jam 40bb's deep. Closer to 30 and I definitely agree but at this stack size I think it's a fold to the 3bet especially considering it's UTG+1 and MP1

Comment

Tbh I wanted to see a flop that avoided the an A, K, or Q. I think the standard at this level is that bad that he could easily call pre anyway thinking I would be four betting anytwo. I thought there was no value in pushing pre because i dont need to be committing so much with these size stacks. I had considered all the option and next time will probably push pre if my table image is the same.

Thanks for the comments

Comment

Working...
                              X