HTC legend says I haven't enough memory but I have a 4 GB SD card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTC legend says I haven't enough memory but I have a 4 GB SD card

As per topic....I'm trying to install updates etc, but it wont let me...says not enough available space, even though under settings =>> memory it says 3.68 GB Free....unmounting card doesnt help, restarting phone doesnt help

googled it and its a reasonably common problem, cant seem to find a solution...anyone?

might be different with the legend, but with the desire it needs the memory internally not on the sd card.

Comment

You should have bought the IPHONE
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
        As per topic....I'm trying to install updates etc, but it wont let me...says not enough available space, even though under settings =>> memory it says 3.68 GB Free....unmounting card doesnt help, restarting phone doesnt help

googled it and its a reasonably common problem, cant seem to find a solution...anyone?
        Have you installed the app killer? I told my BIL about it for his Desire and when he ran it there was loads of things running. He just bought a 16g card as he thought he was running out of space.

It's free and I use it all the time.

@Michelle. - Iphone LOL

HTC all the way

Comment

memory card lol
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
            memory card lol
            Let's face it Michelle.. You can believe that if you want but the HTC is the nutz and well, iphone - just LOL

Tony's brother got rid of his iphone and got the HTC Desire, that speaks volumes!

Comment

Yeah, no matter how much space you have android can only use a few hundred mb for installing apps, how much varies from device to device and on what version if android it's running. Try uninstalling some apps you don't use and trying it again
              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                might be different with the legend, but with the desire it needs the memory internally not on the sd card.
                says I have 109 internal memory too which is more than enough for the update I'm trying to install

Yeah, I have app killer

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                  Yeah, no matter how much space you have android can only use a few hundred mb for installing apps, how much varies from device to device and on what version if android it's running. Try uninstalling some apps you don't use and trying it again
                  I dont have very many apps installed at all either.., certainly nowhere near a few hundred MB

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                    Let's face it Michelle.. You can believe that if you want but the HTC is the nutz and well, iphone - just LOL

Tony's brother got rid of his iphone and got the HTC Desire, that speaks volumes!
                    BIATCH
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Some exceptionally helpful responses in this thread by Michelle, thanks

Comment

Yeah it's the internal memory you need to free up. Some of the newer Android phones (Like Desire HD) come with larger internal memory so you can install more apps. also install 'Apps 2 SD' which will help you move some apps from internal memory to your SD card and free up space.

Regarding 'Task Killers' they are a waste of time; Android handles tasks optimally (if you don't believe me Google it ). Same goes for battery life savers (like JuiceDefender)...

The HTC Desire is an excellent phone, perhaps the best smartphone out there, but it's lack of internal memory and the jugling about with apps (especially when you have lots downloaded) is a pain TBH. 'Apps 2 SD' will help a lot though.

Comment

I cant find that app in the market its really weird, Its easy to find thru google I dont get it

Comment

Working...
                          X