thinish spot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinish spot?

Full Tilt Poker Game #26944664242: $42,000 Guarantee (209029823), Table 127 - 30/60 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:49:26 ET - 2011/01/03
    Seat 1: rosvo86 (3,778)
    Seat 2: crowbar15 (2,925)
    Seat 3: HERO(5,110)
    Seat 4: schaap1988 (2,532)
    Seat 5: conchiglioni (680)
    Seat 6: Papio Papio (2,185)
    Seat 7: charliebukanan (9,347)
    Seat 8: MrBobbyD 1 (1,315), is sitting out
    Seat 9: Into the Jaws (7,675)

The button is in seat #5

Dealt to HERO [Jd Js]

HERO raises to 165
    schaap1988 calls 165

*** FLOP *** [3c 9h Jh]

HERO bets 240
    schaap1988 calls 240

*** TURN *** [3c 9h Jh] [8h]

HERO bets 555
    schaap1988 calls 555

*** RIVER *** [3c 9h Jh 8h] [7c]

fairly ugly river. the flop bet is too small...

gotta shove now and hope for a hero call, not much else you can do. flop bet is ok given his stack but I would prefer about 270 on flop, 595 on turn and shove river.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
      gotta shove now and hope for a hero call, not much else you can do. flop bet is ok given his stack but I would prefer about 270 on flop, 595 on turn and shove river.
      Don't agree at all. There's absolutely nothing calling that we beat and i don't think we fold out a 10 enough. Would much prefer a c/c and allow him to bluff at it, than a shove

Comment

I think villian's range is still very wide at the river and can contain a lot of worse hands. I would check and expect villian to check back most of the time, I might call a bet as a bluff catch, depending on the villian. Plenty of hands in this flop and turn calling range that he can turn into a bluff here.

I'd almost always check/call the turn, especially in a tournament when you're not so deep stacked. If he bets, his range is polarized and you're drawing to a FH when beaten. If he checks, he's much more likely to call a river bet with his worse hands.

Not sure why Cardshark wants to shove the river as played. There are too many hands that beat us, and it's unlikely that villian has a top pair hand. I guess he might call with two-pair or a worse set, but he's more likely to fold them IMO. And if he's hero calling it's with a straight. Can you elaborate, CS?
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I'm making it 180 pre and betting close to pot on the flop.

Couldn't be a worse turn card imo. I'm going into c/c mode from there.

I might even c/f the river depending on what happens. Villain won't(shouldn't) be barreling turn and river light, and very rarley with a hand we beat.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
            I'd almost always check/call the turn, especially in a tournament when you're not so deep stacked. If he bets, his range is polarized and you're drawing to a FH when beaten. If he checks, he's much more likely to call a river bet with his worse hands.

i like betting the turn here to build pot for stacking him on river. i think he calls with a lot. he most likely thinks i'm bluffing as lots of players check overpairs there.

Not sure why Cardshark wants to shove the river as played. There are too many hands that beat us, and it's unlikely that villian has a top pair hand. I guess he might call with two-pair or a worse set, but he's more likely to fold them IMO. And if he's hero calling it's with a straight. Can you elaborate, CS?

i think it's because when i shove the river my hand becomes (seemingly) polarized into bluffs or flushes and i could get a hero call from one/two pair hands.
            edited, suppose i should have mentioned in op that i have lag image.
            Last edited by BuChan; 03-01-11, 23:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              Don't agree at all. There's absolutely nothing calling that we beat and i don't think we fold out a 10 enough. Would much prefer a c/c and allow him to bluff at it, than a shove
              you don't think slowplayed overpairs, 89, a9/k9 with hear, good jacks might call? my hand looks like air or nuts right?

Comment

Originally posted by BuChan View Post
                you don't think slowplayed overpairs, 89, a9/k9 with hear, good jacks might call? my hand looks like air or nuts right?
                Over pairs shouldn't be slow playing here and stacking off with one pairs is v bad imo. You've showed strength all the way. You might get a call from two pairs but I doubt they show up that often.

Comment

Originally posted by BuChan View Post
                  I think if he has any of those hands, he played them pretty bad and would just compound the error by calling a river shove. I don't think you have to have the nuts here. You could have any flush or a 10 and play the same but i think you're rarely if ever bluffing on this board

Comment

yeh, i'd been pretty splashy getting called v light, the reason i felt i had something to think about. i should have mentioned that. i would have to be a total maniac to be bluffing now i suppose....
                    i also should have said flush or air, though any flush is the nuts here imo

Comment

Working...
                    X