Pre-Flop: ($3, 6 players) Hero is BTN
    3 folds, Hero raises to $5, 1 fold, kenocide raises to $16, Hero calls $11

Flop: ($33, 2 players)
    kenocide bets $16, Hero calls $16

Turn: ($65, 2 players)
    kenocide bets $31, Hero calls $31

River: ($127, 2 players)
    kenocide checks, Hero shoves $138.05

So villan is pretty aggro, plays 26/20 3bets 11% with 12% from the BB over about 500 hands. Some of the hands could be a from a while ago so can't be totally sure on them. He does cbet 85% in 3bet pots and 50% on the turn, to be honest don't really have enough stats do put much thought into the turn cbet. His bet sizing does look very weak to me as in that it doesn't look like hes got a hand that he wants to shove the river with as he hasn't set up his bets correctly. I would have folded the turn if his bet was stronger but decieded to peal another and shove lots of rivers.

My stats for the session were 28/24 and calling 31% of 3bets but I would be opening every button that was folded to me. I think I can rep lots of hands here from JJ+, sets, 9T, 56, 78 and J8.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

is 26/20 considered agro in 6max

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
      is 26/20 considered agro in 6max
      26/20 doesn't really have anything to do with agression, its vpip/pfr only. I was just saying that he is quite aggro, and 26/20 would be much looser than your average regular at 1/2 usually.

Comment

i like it, but maybe a 2/3 pot bet otr instead of the shove?

Comment

I like it now that we got there, but i prob fold before hand.

@ bops, I think shove is better. I'm shoving all my value hands here.

Comment

Not sure whether I like it or not. I don't think you rep all that much(defo not JJ imo as you may 4bet that pre from the button given how active you've been?).

Has the villain double/triple barrelled much?

You're only really repping 44, 88, 78 or J8s or something. I don't see him folding many made hands at all really.

I think it really depends if he thinks you're capable of making a move like this.

Comment

i like the your push on river.
              villians range now looks awfully weak as soon as he checks river. given ur activity from the btn he prob 3bets u very wide here with evrything from complete air and 22+. he may be more likely to slow play (or reraise smaller pre) the really big pairs as he may not want to lose u pre so pushing river is good imo coz just in case he's got a crappy ace or small pp which i think u get him to fold by pushing. and his bet sizing set up is also as u say another good reason to think his range is very weak at this point. pushing looks sure likely to result in a fold here at least the 36% or whatever for b/e when he has an actual hand like 33, 55, 77, J9, Ace hi never mind when he has complete air.

Comment

Board texture seems fine for what you are doing. I'd probably like to know a bit more about the villain though.
                Good chance he goes into chk/call bluff catching mode on the river.

Comment

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                  Board texture seems fine for what you are doing. I'd probably like to know a bit more about the villain though.
                  Good chance he goes into chk/call bluff catching mode on the river.
                  u are contradicting yourself. good board texture for what he is doing. agreed.. why? because it looks like hero's range is more weighted to a made hand (not a draw) and so to say he goes into cck/call-bluffcatching mode suggests there are missed draws. well in fact there were no flsu draws and the str8 draws actually get there (9T, 56s)

otherwise (u are implying) for him to go into bluffcatchingmode means he suspects hero is likely/prone to double float-shove river and there is no reason to think that from what we know.
                  Last edited by KKrrusher33; 25-02-10, 09:45.

Comment

I think once we get to the river we have to shove as he will fold better, probably not much better though, A highs, air and some small pairs if he has them in his 3bet bluff range. I'm sure if we give him a reasonable range then this will be +ev. I'm not too sure about the flop and turn calls though. I'd rather have something with more equity to float here obviously and I'd rather just fold flop. When we get to the turn we really havent picked up any equity and he bets again on what should be a card that slows him down sometimes, even though his betsizing is small I dont think this call is +ev. Lets estimate that he bets the river even 40% of the time and we fold, the rest of the time we have to shove and its still probably only just +ev. Bascially I think we'd need more history to be double floating here with so little equity and we're going to be getting looked up super light as played.
                    "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

I think I'd prefer to shove turn than have to rely on him checking the river. Its such an awful result if he barrels it.

Also, I don't think he calls super light to our jam. We don't have too many hands to bluff with here after all, and we have a fair few good hands in our range. We also have a lot of hands to check back, so these are the only hands we can bluff much.

TBH, I think him calling with any J would be pretty thin.
                      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Working...
                      X