Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how wide should i be defending against a resteal vs unknown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how wide should i be defending against a resteal vs unknown?

Just wondering how wide i should be defending in this spot vs an unknown?

Villain is at the table less than two orbits and hasnt been involved in a hand yet. i havent played a hand either since he arrived so he doesnt know much about me either.

This is a small 10euro rebuy tourney on entraction with less than 70 runners, 9 getting paid and we are down to about 20 players at this stage (rebuy period well over) (10 mins blinds)

No Limit Holdem Tournament
    8 Players
    Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
    UTG (5,702)
    UTG+1 (15,246)
    MP1 (7,098)
    MP2 (9,266)
    CO (3,657)
    hero (6,358)
    SB (3,950)
    BB (4,391)

Blinds: 200/400

Pre-Flop: (600, 8 players) bustamoves is BTN A:heart: J:diamond:
    5 folds, hero raises to 900, 1 fold, BB goes all-in 4,391, hero?

any advice/comments appreciated.tnx

With these stacks any raise you make is pot-committing, just shove yourself. Call now obv

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
      With these stacks any raise you make is pot-committing, just shove yourself. Call now obv
      this
      http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

It really depends on the villian, the stack sizes and the dynamics of the table. But AJ is a super-standard call. I guess a better question is what's the best hand you should fold?
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Raise/call or openshove every hand you're opening on the button here, which should be really wide - you can profitably jam just under 40% of hands here;

22+, Ax+, K2s+, K8o+, Q5s+, Q9o+, J7s+, JTo+, T7s+, T9o+, 96s+, 86s+, 75s+, 65s and 54s.

That's a lot of hands! I would prefer jamming to raise/calling here fwiw, balance isn't really important but people can accidentally play better vs. you if you just r/c as opposed to just shipping pre.

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
            This
            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Just open shove, as the effective stack is 11 BBs. You are going to have to call an all-in anyway so by open pushing you get through to take the blinds more often.

Calling now is standard

Comment

Working...
              X