Interesting spots from IPB Tourney 14/12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting spots from IPB Tourney 14/12/10

Someone in the main thread mentioned starting a theory thread so thought I'd kick us off..also since some of the big guns played we might get some top drawer analysis

I'm sure most of ye will have seen how these played out so try not to let that influence any feedback.

Anyway first semi interesting spot happens in the first hand..MP2 is a well known poster on here but I don't know too much about his game. Obv good but no info on his style. CO is total unknown. I'll go into my reasoning for each street after I get some feedback.

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (7 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) (t1500)
    SB (t1500)
    BB (t1500)
    UTG (t1500)
    MP1 (t1500)
    MP2 (t1500)
    CO (t1500)

Hero's M: 50.00

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, J
    2 folds, MP2 bets t60, CO calls t60, Hero?

squeeze/ flat? arguments/reasons for both?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MP2 is opening a lot and likes to see flops. Obv believes he has an edge. Didn't know who he was at the time but seemed a respected and well known poster from the table chat.

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (7 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) (t2144)
    SB (t1620)
    BB (t1925)
    UTG (t880)
    MP1 (t3700)
    MP2 (t1971)
    CO (t1260)

Hero's M: 47.64

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10, 10
    2 folds, MP2 bets t72, 1 fold, Hero?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No previous bvb situations with villain. Seemed a bit of a nit (sorry )

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (7 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) (t1901)
    BB (t1650)
    UTG (t1880)
    MP1 (t910)
    MP2 (t3505)
    CO (t2394)
    Button (t1260)

Hero's M: 42.24

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 10
    5 folds, Hero bets t73, BB calls t58

Flop: (t176) 10, 10, K (2 players)
    Hero bets t92, BB calls t92

Turn: (t360) K (2 players)
    Hero?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this such a standard fold to a good player's utg shoving range?

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (7 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (CO) (t5008)
    Button (t7127)
    SB (t1700)
    BB (t3569)
    UTG (t1043)
    MP1 (t2082)
    MP2 (t3115)

Hero's M: 33.39

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, A
    UTG bets t1043 (All-In), 2 folds, Hero raises t5008 (All-In), 3 folds

Flop: (t2236) J, 8, 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t2236) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t2236) 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t2236

Edit - Villain has AK obv

Will post outcomes, further streets and my reasoning for my action where necessary after some suggestions on how to play the current situation so hopefully U'll be learning a lot from this thread
    Last edited by sligoboi; 16-12-10, 00:22.
    Pining for Wa'erford

Hand one was an extremely interesting hand when i watched it on the replayer i was hmmm,

without seeing your hand i would of thought you range was much stronger than AJs that makes your raise good but also bad as you've turned your hand into a bluff, your sizing is too small too at least 200 imo

i feel given the stack size if we wern't in position i'd dump it, i flat pre most of the time,

and you got lucky that mp2 completely butchered the hand and saved you post flop,

hand two,

i would flat some of the time as our range should be wide from the button,

then again 3betting vs this player will help define the hand and i'd happily 3bet/call depending how active i've been

hand three,

i limp sometimes if i raise i make 3x here pre antes, and when i screw my bets up i end in a high number as in my opinion the bet looks stronger imo,

bet more on the flop at least 110, and start by checking the turn with intention calling, and i'd c/c most rivers,

hand four,

looks ridic standard to me, i might just call though
    Last edited by DrJFF; 16-12-10, 00:25.
    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Call
      Call
      Check/call
      Wp
      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Call
        3b/5b vs described good aggro player
        Bet bout half pot, flop betsize is fine, check is bad without reads that the guy is a floaty spew machine.
        Fine
        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

H1: Call pre. (as played the shove is good against CO range, have no idea why MP was C/F that hand, leading is so much better for obvious reasons)

H2: 3Bet/shove

H3: Lead turn (unless the nitty image is huge, name?)

H4: Super-standard

btw, haven't seen the video yet, so only know results on H1

Comment

Hand one-only if I was feeling a bit funky would I 3 bet-I guess versus a specific opponent I might but very rarely,we have a sweet hand in position that can flop well no real merit in raising. Is the AQ fold here standard-I would basically never pass that here.

I really like how you played hand three but I guess you need to believe he is capable of doing wierd floaty business on occassion.

Comment

Working...
            X