X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting maximum value?

Played this hand a few minutes ago.

Villian is RenRad01

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 55 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (t2200)
    Button (t4628)
    SB (t3840)
    Hero (BB) (t8825)
    UTG (t13958)
    UTG+1 (t6614)
    MP1 (t2770)
    MP2 (t5074)
    MP3 (t13125)

Hero's M: 39.22

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, 10
    7 folds, SB bets t300, Hero calls t150

Flop: (t600) 4, 8, 9 (2 players)
    SB bets t200, Hero calls t200

Turn: (t1000) J (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks

River: (t1000) Q (2 players)
    SB bets t590, Hero raises to t1350, SB calls t760

Total pot: t3700

Results:
    SB didn't show
    Hero had Q, 10 (straight flush, Queen high).
    He had A3 of clubs !

Outcome: t3700 returned to Hero

Was my river bet a little suspicious? - would a shove enduced a call?

Shove. Very few players can fold the nut flush with 25BBs

Comment

i prefer betting like u did. if you push he could conceivably find a fold. if you bet less than pot i think you will always get called by Ac and sometimes worse plus the spazz reship
      like so i m for the way you played it. interested in other replies as i have a lot to learn

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
        i prefer betting like u did. if you push he could conceivably find a fold. if you bet less than pot i think you will always get called by Ac and sometimes worse plus the spazz reship
        like so i m for the way you played it. interested in other replies as i have a lot to learn
        I dont think he could find a fold with the nut flush. the more i look at the hand the more i like the shove TBH. AH meh.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
          I dont think he could find a fold with the nut flush. the more i look at the hand the more i like the shove TBH. AH meh.
          If you were as strong as the Kc, you don't shove the river for value as the 7c is never calling. So shoving polarizes your range to either the straight flush, Ac or a bluff.

If your image suggests you would overbet bluff a lot on the river then a shove is good. But only if you fit that (as we are only concenred with the villain having the Ac, the rest folds)

Comment

I think its played fine, only Ac calls shove imo. U cant put him on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
              Shove. Very few players can fold the nut flush with 25BBs
              Results-orientated thinking ftw!

River raise size depends on your image really. If you're seen as aggro you can make a large raise size. I like your sizing for the most part, gives him a chance to call light and maybe even with the board if he thinks your FOS or turning a pair into a bluff or something.

Comment

Working...
              X