• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

satellite tricky spot

$24+$2 satellite to the 750k
    avg stack is about 6.2k
    63 leftwith 32 paid in total and 29tickets for the 750k

Full Tilt, $3 + $0.30 NL Hold'em Tournament, 150/300 Blinds, 25 Ante, 8 Players
    LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP2: 3,405
    CO: 6,447
    BTN: 5,825
    Hero (SB): 7,457
    BB: 11,545
    UTG: 13,869
    UTG+1: 2,520
    MP1: 9,962

Pre-Flop: (650) Q A dealt to Hero (SB)
    UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to 2,495 and is All-In, 4 folds, Hero???????

Results: 5,490 Pot (5,490 Rake)

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

snap call

Comment

Fold. No need to risk that much of your stack imo.

Comment

9bb UTG+1 shoving range is ~ 22+, A9s+, AJo+ KQ imo.

We're slight dog to that range, but with it costing us 2,345 to win 3.2k I think we can call here.

We are still a fair bit from wrapping up a ticket, and our stack can definitely take the hit

Comment

i should also add i have been picking up a few easy pots from the bttn and co

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
            i should also add i have been picking up a few easy pots from the bttn and co
            This adds to be it being a fold imo.

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            9bb UTG+1 shoving range is ~ 22+, A9s+, AJo+ KQ imo.

We're slight dog to that range, but with it costing us 2,345 to win 3.2k I think we can call here.

We are still a fair bit from wrapping up a ticket, and our stack can definitely take the hit
            I'd disagree because we only have 25bb and are in a good spot and can wait for better spots to use our chips.

Comment

What would you call with here? JJ+?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                What would you call with here? JJ+?
                prob 1010+, maybe 99.

Any reads Anygryball?

Edit: The more i think about it(v busy atm), JJ would be bottom of my calling range here. Is that overly tight?
                Last edited by Caf; 05-12-10, 21:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                  prob 1010+, maybe 99.

Any reads Anygryball?
                  no, i had been at the table 2-3 orbits
                  he had been playing pretty tight, i had hands on him previously about 40~ and i think his stats were 13/8 or something like that

Comment

All adds up to a fold imo.

Comment

Do you often see a shove here from UTG+1 with AA or KK?
                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                        Do you often see a shove here from UTG+1 with AA or KK?
                        i think with 8 bb's and facing into the blinds shortly he has a huge range so he should be playing top of his range here the same as he plays the bottom.

i think he shoves most pairs here in the hope that his tight image gets the shove through, he also shoves alot of aces that are weaker than ours
                        Last edited by Angry-Ball; 06-12-10, 14:19.

Comment

iam by no means gauranteed a seat here.
                          by calling this and loosing i will be worse off but not completely dead and if the worst happens i could return to stealing a few pots from LP and build again.

if i call and win i have a very comfortable stack and iam nearly gauranteed a seat with a few steals to keep my stack up.

Comment

It\'s very close here IMO. Stats and table dynamics would decide it for me. I wouldn\'t have a problem with a shove.
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

i cant find a good reason for folding, snap call all day everyday.
                              even the tightest players are shoving any broadway and most aces + any pair
                              Last edited by Laois Hammer; 06-12-10, 19:59.

Comment

I would ship to isolate him.

His M is only 4 while yours is 11. With an M of 4 his range should be very wide.

(Harrington's M = how many orbits you will last before being blinded out)

Comment

Working...
                                X