X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jackpot Drunkenness

Hero UTG(180) dealt AK
    Villian SB (250)

The table has been quite loose. Money moving around the table. Everyone is drunk. A few players have already been asked to leave.

I raise to 7 UTG. SB and BB call. Villan is Delanec8. His range here is quite large in my opinion. Probably 910 suited+. We have played together lots and I would say he has quite a good idea of how I play. I would think he sees me as the most TAG at the table based on history and play from the night. I have always had a hand at showdown but have won quite a few hands without showdown.

Flop (21) 4 8 K rainbow. Check Check I bet 12. Villian and BB Call.

Turn (57) K. Check Check I bet 40. Villian calls. BB Folds.

River (137) Q. Villian bets 100. I have approx 120. What do people like here.

a bit of a no brainer call,this is the jackpot,after all
    actually u have played him b4 would he pump with a set weak kicker or possibly have air knowing there is a good chance u will die with out the nuts ie k q
    Last edited by peteypop; 23-02-10, 16:49.

Comment

Delanec8 is considerably better than you average jackpot player. He is an internet pro and would have a large edge over everyone at the table. Against anyone else at the table I wouldn't post the hand. I cant put him on a hand that I am beating.

Comment

Having played with Cormac I think he leads alot of kings on the flop. I dont think he knows how strong my hand is given the action and that we are playing 6 handed so my UTG range would be most PPs and KJ+.

Comment

Originally posted by Thats what she said View Post
          Delanec8 is considerably better than you average jackpot player. He is an internet pro and would have a large edge over everyone at the table. Against anyone else at the table I wouldn't post the hand. I cant put him on a hand that I am beating.
          u have to go with your gut,call or fold.
          i personally wouldnt fold,the only thing that surprises me is u raised to 7 and only got 2 callers.In the jackpot or the fitz for that matter nobody seems to die for 7 euro any more

Comment

Originally posted by peteypop View Post
            u have to go with your gut,call or fold.
            i personally wouldnt fold,the only thing that surprises me is u raised to 7 and only got 2 callers.In the jackpot or the fitz for that matter nobody seems to die for 7 euro any more
            We were only playing 6 handed so it is still half the table calling.

Comment

Snap call here for me, I'd expect him to check again with all his strong hands on the river as played. Your also at the top of your range and he will easily have enough worse K's and occasional bluffs to make this a call.
              "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

At the time when considering what to do I taught he had one of three hands k10,kj and KQ. To be honest I didnt think for long a stuck it in. Chatting to a guy in work on Monday he initially taught it was a easy push aswell but then couldn't come up with a hand I beat here.

EDIT I should also say that I dont believe that he thinks I always have a king here. On the flop I could literally have any two but it does narrow considerably on the turn.
                Last edited by Thats what she said; 23-02-10, 17:18.

Comment

and what did he have ??

Comment

Originally posted by peteypop View Post
                    and what did he have ??

I wouldn't mind getting a few more opinions first. Im not saying I won or lost yet. I would like to see if anyone can see him playing k10 Kj like this or if they can see him having any other hands Im beating.

Comment

Easy snap call, just a bit of a cooler if he has you beat.
                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

delanec8 still pretending he's smashed in the jackpot? he goes and gets stamp in coppers and all to make it more realistic

Comment

I think if the player is as good as people think he is and isnt that drunk, Id say your are beat here. Do you tend to double barrel and ch back the river as a common line and would he be capable of remembering this fact?? I think he would led out with nuts and check with weak king. If he bet smaller it would look more like a blocker bet, but the 100 looks like he's dying to get you to call/shove the rest.

I probably wouldnt have the discipline to fold here either and would be a call and put down as a cooler when he shows the full house after set mining with 44 preflop??

Comment

Originally posted by AKQJ10 View Post
                            delanec8 still pretending he's smashed in the jackpot? he goes and gets stamp in coppers and all to make it more realistic
                            How light would you to have been calling each other down if he was smashed, considering some of the sickness I have seen!!

Comment

88 me thinks and played brilliantly if so

Comment

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
                                I think if the player is as good as people think he is and isnt that drunk, Id say your are beat here. Do you tend to double barrel and ch back the river as a common line and would he be capable of remembering this fact?? I think he would led out with nuts and check with weak king. If he bet smaller it would look more like a blocker bet, but the 100 looks like he's dying to get you to call/shove the rest.

I probably wouldnt have the discipline to fold here either and would be a call and put down as a cooler when he shows the full house after set mining with 44 preflop??
                                I dont ever check behind here I dont think. He had 44.

Comment

Considering everyone is saying villian is very competent, much more so than your average drunk Jackpot player, I would expect to see flopped sets here quite often.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                    Easy snap call, just a bit of a cooler if he has you beat.
                                    1+1=2

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Callllllllll. I don't think there's any real debate here.
                                      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I like his line leading the river. Against this type of player you are rarely ahead, take the cooler and reload or take your 20 and get a cab home ... oh yea i always go broke here to this short

thought i may add alittle, hero raises utg fires two barrells and showing no signs of slowing down.
                                        villain sees hero as tag player, calls down 2 barrells and leads the river?. Imo your never ahead against this villain.
                                        Last edited by a-k-47; 24-02-10, 02:33.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                          FOLD. I don't think there's any real debate here.
                                          fyp

Comment

automat snap dink dank dong jam call. if ur beat ur beat goddam him. u cant fold here unless the cards are marked with indian ink telling u he is full. ffs its sick when he flips the full but ur so kkkrrushing him all the other times he has the a weaker king that he's figures is ahead (because ofthe combinatorial concept) and is afraid u'll check back river if he check to u nevermind the times he's brainfarting/genuinely drunk/weird-lining u etc etc

Comment

Never mind calling, there is 20 more to get in as well.

I wouldn't be shocked if you shoved and he folded - ok maybe you are beaten by 88 44 QK K8 etc. if so Meh! but not paying him off here is terrible IMO

He knows that you know that he knows that you know that ...

Maybe he hates money and is trying to save you as a mate but betting 100 into that pot in this situation stinks.

Edit Bah! you posted result yesterday. Still you had to pay him, Thats Pokah!
                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 25-02-10, 13:11.
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This might the biggest snap call i've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                                                X