Live Satelite Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Satelite Hand

Just a quick line check from a couple weeks back.

Satelite for the JP mini wsop, tickets not an issue at this stage because we're only a couple of levels in.

My image would be tag, having only gone to showdown once with the nuts.
    Villain (SB) is an older man who is loose pre but hasn't been out of line yet.

Playing a stack of 3,600 at 100/200.

I open in mid position with AdJd to 525.

Folded to SB and BB who both call.

Flop QdQsJs.

SB and BB check as do I. Opinions? I check behind because i feel i can very easily get c/r off my hand by both Qx hands and draws that choose to c/r.

Turn 5c.
    Turn is a blank and it's checked again to myself and at this point i feel im ahead almost all of the time so bet 750 and am immediatly check/minraised by the SB to 1600. BB folds. Action?

U have to call, especially as you have position. Re-evaluate on the river...
    If you're not in, you can't win

Comment

Preflop is too big. You have 18 bigs.

Flop is a ridiculously easy bet/call. Don't even know how bet/folding would come into play.

I guess I fold the turn as played.
      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

The fact that you are critically low stacked means I think you have to fold, but I probably wouldn't have bet the turn just because you have to fold if c/r'd imo.

Your hand is strong enough for showdown and you will know if a scare card hits the river whether to call a bet or not.
        In normal circumstances you could probably value bet the turn, but in this hand anyone calling or raising now must have you beat (unless they are terrible).

Comment

Turn is a super easy bet once you check the flop. Checking is burning money.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
            Turn is a super easy bet once you check the flop. Checking is burning money.
            You're probably right, but you really want 2 folds imo and hate getting called or raised.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
              You're probably right, but you really want 2 folds imo and hate getting called or raised.
              Fistpumplove getting called, hate getting raised.

Comment

Bet flop in future,
                bet turn after checking flop, fold now

Don't see the point of checking down gorrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                  Bet flop in future,
                  bet turn after checking flop, fold now

Don't see the point of checking down gorrrr
                  would it be that he dosn't have a stack to bet/fold with??

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Which was a result of the poor bet sizing imo, was mentioned already by TG

Comment

Yeah, damage was done pre, hate bet/folding now and hate getting it in now too.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                        Flop is a ridiculously easy bet/call. Don't even know how bet/folding would come into play.

Could you elaborate on this slightly because I really respect your opinion but after thinking it through still can't think of how were happy to stack off on this flop. I know we're really shallow here but lets say I cbet 700, surely the type of hands that c/r this spot besides unlikely air(given villian) which I don't think we see very often, are hands like As10s, Ks10s, 9s10s,10s8s which were 60/40 or flipping against and then more likely all Qx hands, in which case we're crushed. Am i being way too catious here?

Bet sizing pre aswell, should i be making it 450ish?
                        Last edited by LTL; 30-11-10, 15:05.

Comment

Yeah i like about 450 pre. O kust think you hand is too strong to not look for value on the flop and its definitely too strong to fold to a raise

Comment

Working...
                          X