cant access a website when using wifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant access a website when using wifi

This driving me mad. If i plug my laptop directly into the modem I can access every website, If i turn on my wireless router and set up the wifi connection on my laptop I cant access a certain website.

Anyone ever experience this problem?

Cheers

Actually, it wasnt just on this router i had the problem. Three weeks ago using a hotel wifi, I couldnt access the website either. But then when i borrowed a Vodafone 3g dongle, it worked fine again!

Comment

i would think that its not your wifi thats the problem , id say the problem is with the actual site!

why dont you get someone else to try and open it off their pc in another location just to see!
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

HI Michelle. I have asked 4 people who live in 4 different countries with different ISP and they can all access the site..

Im not in ireland where i never had a problem. Here when i was setting up broadband in my gaff, the ISP only gave me a modem so I had to go and buy a wireless router myself (TP -LINK, model TL-WR740N) and maybe it was how i set it up...

Comment

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-9...-not-load-help

maybe this might help , maybe not worth a try!

scroll down to bottom of page
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Thanks a million Michelle,

So i read through the post
            Best answer: Hi, A website does not open and an untitled blank page appears. This generally happens if Net Filters are used in a computer to block certain websites. If you are able to access same website through other computer and not from yours....

and this one made the most sense to me.

However i made a complete muddle out of it as I reset my router a few times and had 2 networks set up on the same router so this wouldnt leave me connect to the internet. When i finally figured out how to remove the networks so i could start again from scratch, I finally got the website to load on my wifi connection.

So this issue is fixed by
            1. Removing all your current networks
            -Networks->Networks and Sharing->Manage wireless networks and select and delete your current wifi nework
            2. Reset your router
            -unplug and use pin to keep reset button pushed down while u plug back in the power. Keep it pushed for 15 seconds until it resets
            3. go to this website 192.168.1.1 to set up the router and assign password etc. Follow the steps in the user setup
            4. Connect to the newly enabled network as you would normally. it will ask you to put in password and volia, you can now load up the website that wasnt working previously.

The link above mentioned that problem may occur if you use 2 applications on the the same wifi connection to browse the same website....

Many Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
            X