BTN: 3,415
    Hero (SB): 3,040
    BB: 3,760
    UTG: 3,870
    UTG+1: 6,297
    UTG+2: 3,035
    MP1: 8,963

Pre-Flop: (120) Q Q dealt to Hero (SB)
    3 folds, MP1 calls 80, MP2 calls 80, 2 folds, Hero raises to 320, BB folds, MP1 calls 240, MP2 calls 240

Flop: (1,040) 8 9 7 (3 Players)
    Hero bets 560, MP1 calls 560, MP2 folds

Turn: (2,160) K (2 Players)
    Hero bets 880, MP1 calls 880

River: (3,920) 8 (2 Players)
    Hero checks, MP1 bets 800, Hero raises to 1,280 and is All-In, MP1 folds

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Kinda strange ship for the extra 480 other than that seems super standard.
    http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
      Kinda strange ship for the extra 480 other than that seems super standard.
      i presume my shove on the river you are talking about, well there was no point in leaving 5-6 bb's behind

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
        i presume my shove on the river you are talking about, well there was no point in leaving 5-6 bb's behind
        what calls you that you beat?

Surely you're C/C ing the river hoping that TT-JJ and A9 stab one more street, as well as his missed Tx and 6x.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          what calls you that you beat?

Surely you're C/C ing the river hoping that TT-JJ and A9 stab one more street, as well as his missed Tx and 6x.
          yeah i was deffinetly c/calling the river
          it was my river play iam wondering about was it a c/f or a c/c

Comment

Don't like your sizing throughout,

PF is ok, but I rather pot sized when OOP
            Flop is too small, make it 700ish (based on as played pot size)
            Turn I hate. Pot is 2160 and you have 2160 stack, betting 880 leaves you with a useless stack on the river, verses a player who is likely drawing. I pretty much don't like any betsize too much,
            I like the river check if you plan to call every bet, I flat call rather than raise though.

I think if you are more aware of the pot/stack size on the flop and bet a bit bigger it allows you to shove less into a bigger turn pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
              Raising the extra 5-6 bb's is flawed for two reasons: 1. If you flat call you get to see his hand and 2. It's far from impossible to win a tourney with a 6 bb stack at that stage, it happens literally everyday.

But it's not such a big deal, you pretty much took the same line as I would have except I would have check called.
              http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
              http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Pre is fine,

i prefer to fire bigger on the flop to set up a turn shove(card dependant) or induce a jam over your bet,

the turn i check call alot as it looks like you have just given up once you check so he may bet, however it sucks to let him draw for free(but the bad cards wil be obvious and can go check-check),

your bet sizing is bad too small,

the only hand that has you beat now that that wasn't already ahead is KT, possibly K9, K8, but thats such a small part of his range,

your river shove isn't as bad as some people said it looks to me like he's either value betting thinner than QQ and would put you all in with his value range, you may actually miss value cos he won't fold any showdownable hand to your tiny shove(he seems bad)

your bet sizing is the main issue
                http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

bet flop bigger, then shove turn

as played I think river shove is not that bad, I cant see him folding any pair, I prob just call though

Comment

thanks for the replys guys

my reason for betting a little over 1/2 pot on the flop was to keep him there if he had some kind of 10x type hand, it would also allow him to shove any 9x hands he might have thinking he had good fold equity and that he would get alot of overcards to fold.

turn bet i was hoping he would take that as a weak bet and shove any drawing hands he had. i didn't want to check and allow him a free card either nor did i want to shove as he would most likely have folded, so i felt a small bet would look weak and that he would figure that by having 12-1300 chips behind he could get me to fold. if i had bet 1000 chips he would have known i wasn't folding and just folded the turn.

river like i said i was c/c here but just don't see the point in leaving 5/6bb's behind, if iam calling i believe my hand is good so why not try to get the last few chips out of it.

obviously if it was leaving me 10ish bb's i would only call, at least you have something to play with and one double up and you are pretty comfortable again. whereas 5/6 bigs you need at least 2 doubles to get you out of the woods. also there is only 8 more hands before you get to the bb again and only 2 hands (bttn and co) where you have any realistic chance of getting a steal through with that stack size. for me if i were going to end up shoving atc with 6bigs i would prefer to do it here where there is a good chance that iam ahead.

obviously all this thinking could be flawed and probably is, othrer than that i would probably be a millionaire now

Comment

Few hands you beat call the 6 imo, I'd prob just rather hold on to it and take the info (although I don't think that's as important as other made out)
                      If I thought the villain couldn't fold I'd shove,

Comment

just shove on the turn, he calls you with a good few hands you beat....
                        the river can too often be too scary, and we may end up folding the best hand....

Comment

Working...
                        X