X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99 deep in ongame (rehab) 11r

I dont have the hand on this pc.
    Blinds 8k/16k+ante 9 handed table 27left
    I am in MP with 99 and 194K stack. EP open to 48k he open a lot and he never ever fold. I saw him in many allin spots. His stats were like 34/33 or somthing like that.
    His range I think was KJo+, 88+ (maybe 77+) we are basically 47%/53% to his range

This MTT has pretty steep structure at the end and avrg stack would be 250K at this satge.

Do we stack here or do we wait to push next hands?

If he would show us AJ, AT AQ AK, KJ or anything of those hands and we know we flippin do we go with it?
    Buy and Sell bitcoin in Ireland with Bitireland Broker Ltd.
    www.bitireland.ie

Happy to shove here based on his stats and hope nobody else wakes up with a hand.
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

If his stats are really 34/33 and doesn't like to fold to all ins, then I'd say his calling range would be a bigger than KJo+, 77+ (and presumably ATo+) even from EP. Even if his calling range is that, I'd be shoving this 100% of the time based upon his stats, due to the number of times you'll get him to fold. If someone behind picks up a bigger hand, then ul wp.

Comment

what is he playing?

tbh this is a very marginal situation, if there was any fold equity it would be ship every single time, but the following

Originally posted by Stoko View Post

he never ever fold. I saw him in many allin spots.
        makes a fold more permissible imo.

His range I think was KJo+, 88+ (maybe 77+) we are basically 47%/53% to his range
        from your description I would think his range is wider and extends to any ace and any pair,
        and I think he calls with any pair (which is good for you)

Do we stack here or do we wait to push next hands?

If he would show us AJ, AT AQ AK, KJ or anything of those hands and we know we flippin do we go with it?
        for me it depends on the situation, more specifically, how many pots are being opened before the action gets to me and what are the chances of my pushes getting through (i.e., what are the stacks to my left playing like)

as a general rule I avoid the flip, I suspect everyone else will think this over nitty

This MTT has pretty steep structure at the end and avrg stack would be 250K at this satge.
        this doesn't strike me as too deep tbh, although maybe relative to the i-poker crap... the stars 3k tournies would all be about this level (if not slightly better) at this stage

Comment

Easy shove, and if he showed you AJ, it makes it even easier.

Comment

yes my question really was if we knew that this guy is on AJ AQ mean he showed it to us and preticked the call button, should we still shove when we have 0 fold EQ and we have bad coinflip
            www.bitireland.ie

Comment

Shove and be happy about it.

To anyone who thinks otherwise, what is the worst hand you shove with here?

Comment

I would shove here also

Comment

yes my question really was if we knew that this guy is on AJ AQ mean he showed it to us and preticked the call button, should we still shove when we have 0 fold EQ and we have bad coinflip
                  Yes, because there's already 90k in the pot. SB + BB + 9x Ante (which I took to be 2k) = 42k. The raise to 48k makes it 90k worth of dead money in the pot. Therefore risking 194k to win 478k (194k + 194k + 90k) means that you need to have 40.6% equity to make the call +EV.

His range has to be something like TT+, AJs+, KQs, AQo+ or tighter to make this a fold (in terms of equity). Even adding AJo or KQo to the above range makes it +EV to shove.

Like I said before, I'd be shoving 100% of the time in this spot with the EP raiser's stats.

Note: It's 1am here, so may have made a mistake with the above calcs. Just let me know if I have.

Comment

that were my exact thoughts but wanted to see I am not doing something mega bad here..

thank you guys
                    www.bitireland.ie

Comment

Working...
                    X