Help with HTC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with HTC

I got my HTC desire today, but it is cracking me up, i am trying to transfer my contacts to it using the usb.
    I had the iphone and i transfered all my contacts to my windows7 contacts folder, and when i move the contacts file to my htc, my contacts don't show up in the people section on the htc, but i can see them when i connect the htc to my pc using the disk dive.

Also on the HTCsync page i dont have the option to sync calander or people,

Can anyone help, its breaking my balls

I didn't have any issues but I'm mostly using google contacts and only their calendar.
    I just plugged into my work PC and it automagicaly imported all my outlook contacts.
    I ended up with a whole lot of duplicated from doing that but I got rid of some by deselecting things like Skype and Facebook contacts from the Phone menu.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
      I got my HTC desire today, but it is cracking me up, i am trying to transfer my contacts to it using the usb.
      I had the iphone and i transfered all my contacts to my windows7 contacts folder, and when i move the contacts file to my htc, my contacts don't show up in the people section on the htc, but i can see them when i connect the htc to my pc using the disk dive.

Also on the HTCsync page i dont have the option to sync calander or people,

Can anyone help, its breaking my balls
      How ya get the contacts off you Iphone to PC?
      Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Comment

You can sync your iPhone Contacts with Outlook. On the sync menu of your phone in iTunes (maybe "contacts") it gives you options where to Sync to, just select Outlook and happy days.

I bought a Desire myself yesterday and I had synced my iPhone to Google as well and my HTC just took them all in automagically. It also took all my FB contacts in too, I spent a couple of hours linking all my contacts with their FB profile and any dups. It's actually pretty cool having all the info in one contact now.

Comment

I have windows 7, so i have no outlook, what i had to do was open a gmail account and import my contacts to it, i had to import them all one by one, as for some reason gmail would not import the actuall contacts folder, but i have it sorted now, looking forward to playing with my new toy over the next few days

Comment

I moved them all to my sim card on my old phone, popped that sim in my new phone, and transferred them to the phone memory.

Comment

You should back them up somewhere online, incase you lose the phone, the worst thing about losing phones IMO is losing all your numbers. So having them somewhere online is a good idea.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GVMnDjFKHw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GVMnDjFKHw[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                  I moved them all to my sim card on my old phone, popped that sim in my new phone, and transferred them to the phone memory.
                  That cant be done with the iphone

Comment

Working...
                  X