Live Satty Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Satty Spot

Basicially, it's 110 freezeout for a seat in the IPC. First level so 25/50 and were all playing 10k starting stack or close too it excluding the villain in this hand who got a double up with a flopped set against two pair. Played with villain a few times and he is crafty and creativity BUT is known to do a few silly moves.

Anyway, UTG+1 opens to 150. Folded round to villain in the cut-off who flats. I'm on the button with QQ. I three bet to 400. UTG+1 folds. Back round to the villain who pumps it up to 1600. This baffled me if I'm honest. What's everyone else line here? Do we go ahead and 5 bet to fold or get it in or do we just fold? Do we flat in the hope he slows down? If we flat what do we do when the flop comes 9 high rainbow?

Fwiw, I don't ever wanted to 5 bet get it in here. Think were crushed every single time if we get called.
    Last edited by peterswellman; 16-11-10, 14:07.

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
    Basicially, it's 110 freezeout for a seat in the IPC. First level so 25/50 and were all playing 10k starting stack or close too it excluding the villain in this hand who got a double up with a flopped set against two pair. Played with villain a few times and he is crafty and creativity BUT is known to do a few silly moves.

Anyway, UTG+1 opens to 150. Folded round to villain in the cut-off who flats. I'm on the button with QQ. I three bet to 400. UTG+1 folds. Back round to the villain who pumps it up to 1600. This baffled me if I'm honest. What's everyone else line here? Do we go ahead and 5 bet to fold or get it in or do we just fold? Do we flat in the hope he slows down? If we flat what do we do when the flop comes 9 high rainbow?

Fwiw, I don't ever wanted to 5 bet get it in here. Think were crushed every single time if we get called.

So Villan likes his hand HU in pos but not 3 way? Big PP? It's early, I might grin and let it go because there aren't many flops we like to play with this hand OOP.
    One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

hmm unusual against an unknown I prob;

3bet to 500 pf.
      I call villains raise.
      If flop comes 9 high rainbow I prob call his c-bet depending on size.

This is one of those situations where it really helps if you are actually there. How did villain play his flopped set in previous hand? what other tricky stuff has he done? what other spewy stuff has he done etc etc. I know its only the first level but how do you rate villains game? what is the standard like in the sat overall?

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
        So Villan likes his hand HU in pos but not 3 way? Big PP? It's early, I might grin and let it go because there aren't many flops we like to play with this hand OOP.
        I have position on him because I'm the button and he's the cut-off. But if we flat to play in position I think if we don't flop a Q we prob just give up.
        Last edited by peterswellman; 16-11-10, 14:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
          hmm unusual against an unknown I prob;

3bet to 500 pf.
          I call villains raise.
          If flop comes 9 high rainbow I prob call his c-bet depending on size.

This is one of those situations where it really helps if you are actually there. How did villain play his flopped set in previous hand? what other tricky stuff has he done? what other spewy stuff has he done etc etc. I know its only the first level but how do you rate villains game? what is the standard like in the sat overall?
          Let's say he fires 2700 on the turn and you call. Les say he jams the turn which is a blank do you call. If your calling the flop are you not committed to gong whole way?

Let's say his play is sometimes unorthodox. H wouldn't be your standard TAG or anything. He played his set quite strong but board was fairly wet. Standard of sat was quite good few soft spots but nothing too drastic. Although I ended up shipping a ticket so far from top class.

Comment

Who was the villain? PM if necessary.

I agree with you, I don't think you should call the flop cbet unless you plan to call down, and I don't think the villain gives up on a 9 high board irrespective of what he has.

Comment

meh I prob do call down if the turn is a blank. If your not happy calling on a 9 high flop then you should just fold preflop and pick what you perceive to be a better spot

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                Who was the villain? PM if necessary.

I agree with you, I don't think you should call the flop cbet unless you plan to call down, and I don't think the villain gives up on a 9 high board irrespective of what he has.
                Paul Hogan dunno if you've played with him I'd say you have.

Hea going to lead every flop I think so only way might be 5 bet fold pre.

Comment

Paul Hogan dunno if you've played with him I'd say you have.

Hea going to lead every flop I think so only way might be 5 bet fold pre.
                  be interested in your sizing?
                  http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                    be interested in your sizing?
                    I'd try and look strong so prob 3500 but it is tricky.

Comment

I don't see the point of a 5bet, there is no hand he is folding to it IP. All it does is mean you either lose extra if he shoves (and you said you plan is to 5bet/fold), or are facing a shove on almost every flop.

Comment

Make it more preflop, I'm making it about 700 or 750.

I guess it depends on your image and whether he is a competent player.

From what I've read I would be happy to call the 4bet and call down post flop.

Imo 5bet folding is one the worst things you could ever do. It's sounds like madness. I would only 5bet here to get it all in, knowing that villain is capable of stacking off a lot lighter than QQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                          Make it more preflop, I'm making it about 700 or 750.

I guess it depends on your image and whether he is a competent player.

From what I've read I would be happy to call the 4bet and call down post flop.

Imo 5bet folding is one the worst things you could ever do. It's sounds like madness. I would only 5bet here to get it all in, knowing that villain is capable of stacking off a lot lighter than QQ.
                          I'm in too minds if he is capable. I should have a reasonable image tbf so that's what worries me.his bet sizing on the 4bet is so big anyway. He makes it smaller and I continue. Like I said, do you call the 2700 and the jam on the turn.

I folded pre fwiw.

Comment

I call down here.

I call the 4bet and call down on most flops and turns.

Comment

I'm in too minds if he is capable. I should have a reasonable image tbf so that's what worries me.his bet sizing on the 4bet is so big anyway. He makes it smaller and I continue. Like I said, do you call the 2700 and the jam on the turn.

I folded pre fwiw.
                              If he is capable he rarely flats in the CO with KK-AA this deep. It just looks like a bluff to me with villain thinking you are squeezing from the button, which is why I would be happy to call down, both on flop and turn. His bet sizing is odd but would it be most likely that he just wants the hand to end there? Villain has AK at very best imo and doesn't want to play it oop in a 3b pot. Whatever he has it looks like he doesn't want to see a flop in this spot.

Comment

I don't think we should have a 5bet/folding range and if we do QQ should not be part of it,

you need to 3bet bigger, your making it 400 to go after two guys are in the pot for 150,

775 and they need to call 250 more, they shouldn't be folding any hands they intially set out with,

i'm making it 600 here preflop and occasionally flat depending on table dynamics,

tbh i'd 4bet more frequently vs these small 3bets early in position as they are usually a monster or full of crap, and judging by your reaction to the 4bet your only continuing with two hands, maybe one,

the villians 4bet sizing is bad however no matter what hand he has,

i prefer to flat his 4bet without more reads against some villians i'd happily 5bet/call or 5bet jam,

my guess is you folded, but if you did call what was the flop? or did you 5bet/fold?

also we are going to be happy with lots of flops aren't we not?
                                http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

3bet bigger pre, I prob make it 600

Meh call 4bet and call down, he rarely has KK+ here . Definitely dont 5b/f and also flatting to give up if you dont hit a set sounds really bad to me

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                                    I don't think we should have a 5bet/folding range and if we do QQ should not be part of it,

you need to 3bet bigger, your making it 400 to go after two guys are in the pot for 150,

775 and they need to call 250 more, they shouldn't be folding any hands they intially set out with,

i'm making it 600 here preflop and occasionally flat depending on table dynamics,

tbh i'd 4bet more frequently vs these small 3bets early in position as they are usually a monster or full of crap, and judging by your reaction to the 4bet your only continuing with two hands, maybe one,

the villians 4bet sizing is bad however no matter what hand he has,

i prefer to flat his 4bet without more reads against some villians i'd happily 5bet/call or 5bet jam,

my guess is you folded, but if you did call what was the flop? or did you 5bet/fold?

also we are going to be happy with lots of flops aren't we not?
                                    Yeah you're 100% spot on with my three bet. Thing was I suppose I knew UTG+1 was fairly active player but folds and I did want to play a pot against a flatter. Though he probably calls more. I suppose it's the 2.5x re-raises I use online that don't really work live although tbf this wouldn't have worked online either.

Yeah, I folded pre. Just the longer I thought the less I wanted to put myself in a spiot of calling off my stack with QQ on the first level. I genuinely thought I could just take down pots in position and wait for better spots.

I hummed and hawwed with the fold and told him In was laying down a big hand. Tbf, he's an honest fella and told me it was a good fold. I did hear him telling one of the dealers his hands later which surprised me but not really results orientated and just want to know what others would do in this spot.

Originally posted by handofgod View Post
                                    3bet bigger pre, I prob make it 600

Meh call 4bet and call down, he rarely has KK+ here . Definitely dont 5b/f and also flatting to give up if you dont hit a set sounds really bad to me
                                    The option of flatting was just to give all the possibilities, didn't really have much intention of doing that.

Comment

OP,
                                      I play it the same as you did, including the fold, no point going busto in the 1st level.
                                      WP i'd say.

Comment

Bet sizing here is bad.

5bet folding QQ is a ridiculous idea.

Id never be folding here vs this guy.
                                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

3bet to 625 preflop, 400 with a limper is just too small.

I'd actually quite happily go broke on this hand becasue he should never flat call an UTG+1 raise to 150 with AA/KK when everyone has 10k behind. He'd be inviting people limping for value and end up playing mulitway.

Happy to either call and get it in on a raggy flop, or else 5bet call.

Comment

In this type of game him flatting the UTG+1 with AA or KK is very rare as he will know he is sure to bring in the bb and often then the sb at this level. UTG will call a bet so it is an ideal spot to raise with his monsters. His not holding AA or KK is backed up by his 4 bet. If he is of a mind to trap with AA or KK why put in a big 4 bet now?

His hand smacks of AK or AQ. Early people often soft play them and you can see why he might 4 bet now.

5 bet to 4K and commit to the hand (call pre-shove, call\shove any flop) You will get a call from AK and often AQ. The odd time you get a call from JJ. You fold out some junk hands for sure but be happy to take the 2.5k in the middle at this stage.

Just calling the four bet is worse than folding. If he has AA or KK he is getting your chips most of the time anyway. But worse is when you get a K or and A on the flop you often end up folding the best hand to his flop bet or turn shove.

In short 5 bet > fold > flat. Based on his pre play in this type of tourney he pays you with AQ and JJ, has AK or folds to five bet enough to risk going up against AA or KK.
                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I think folding QQ here in this spot is terrible. This from what I read is a €100 sit and go with 1 prize for the winner. His flat of 150 in the c/o is never KK or AA imho. Blinds are so small, he's inviting the button, sb and bb into the hand by flat calling. I think he has a mid pair or AK/AQ.
                                              Your 3 bet to 400 is poor as well. When it comes to your turn to play, there is 375 in the pot. By you making it 400, both the original raiser and the flatter should be both calling as its only costing the original raiser 250 into a 775 pot, and if he calls, its 250 into a 1175 pot for the flatter. After the raiser being flatted, I'm definately raising to 650ish here.

If you thought out the hand properly, you should figure that this guy thats 4 betting you seldom if ever has a hand thats beating you. So a 5 bet is in order, (approx 4k) and the 5 bet should be made with the intention of calling a shove.

connie

Comment

Working...
                                              X