SnG Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SnG Hand

Villain is quality with 17% ROI from 10000+ games.

Stars $20+$2 USD Hold\\\'em No Limit
    8 Players. Agv 1687
    Blinds 50\\\\100

Hero (2317) Raises t0 240 from UTG with Ac Qs
    Villain (1600) flats from CO

*** FLOP *** (630)
    [7d Ah 5d]
    Hero: bets 350
    Villain: calls 350

*** TURN ***
    [8s]

Hero?
    Last edited by Wombatman; 01-11-10, 14:41.
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Don't play sng but surely this needs to be based on how villain views hero too? Would he call many utg raises? Been in many pots with hero?

I probably c/c though, could well be awful

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      Don\'t play sng but surely this needs to be based on how villain views hero too? Would he call many utg raises? Been in many pots with hero?

I probably c/c though, could well be awful
      Woops. Forgot stacks there in OP. Posting here behind online proxy so funnines with hand converter.

He would see me as a winning nit with a similar ROI. We have played only 450 or so hands together.

Comment

What are the actual stack sizes? If you've both got ~1600, then just shove your last 1k into a 1300 pot. Just because he's good, doesn't mean he doesn't call a shove with worse. I mean you can check this turn for pot control but you're giving a free card to all his draws, and that's really not good.
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I might fold this preflop depending on how active I've been.

A guy with those stats doesn't call with anything worse than what you have imo. No need for him to be calling with AJ or worse as he knows that's burning money.

He's never floating because there just isn't room in a sng for those plays.

Feels like a split at best but he's not folding obviously. If you check he probably shoves anyway so I think I just get it in because of the stack sizes and pot size now.

Comment

This is an extremely bizarre spot when a supposedly good reg flats pre off that stack size but Id probably start by checking back flop.

Comment

What? Shove????

I don't even care about the reads. There is no way this is anything else.

Make it a little more on the flop though so you shove turn for a little less.
              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by GAWA9 View Post
                This is an extremely bizarre spot when a supposedly good reg flats pre off that stack size but Id probably start by checking back flop.
                We're utg

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                A guy with those stats doesn't call with anything worse than what you have imo. No need for him to be calling with AJ or worse as he knows that's burning money.
                I think you are being a little bias as you know the OPs hand. So far the hero has raised pre, and fired a c-bet. His line with AJ is by no means burning money, the hero prob takes an identical line with QQ and KK.

Pretty straight forward shove with 1k into 1330. I don't think there is any other option when we are OOP.
                Checking pretty much give villain the chance to draw a card when he needs to, check his hands we beat and bet his hands that beat us, which we have to call anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                  We're utg

I think you are being a little bias as you know the OPs hand. So far the hero has raised pre, and fired a c-bet. His line with AJ is by no means burning money, the hero prob takes an identical line with QQ and KK.

I think any decent reg folds AJ pre to an utg raise from a nitty winning reg. I'd even fold AQ there at that point in a full ring stt rather than calling for 15% of my stack.

The regs flat pre for that much of his stack is bizarre. He can't profitably set mine so it smells like either a monster or a hand like AK or JJ which he might not want to commit with pre against a nitty winning reg's utg open but feels is too strong to fold to a 2.4x open. Flatting those hands against a nit's utg open when you're that shallow is not a bad play. If it induces a squeeze from some clueless goon behind and the utg folds, you can happily call and expect find yourself a decent favourite with a decent amount of dead money in. On the other hand, if utg reships you can now fold.

It's a pretty horrible spot now. I can't see him calling a shove with anything worse or folding anything better. I'd say if he puts any more chips into the pot, you're almost certainly toast. Like at least 99 times out of 100.
                  My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Thanks guys. I did shove and he had the boots. Thinking about it now he had to have AA or KK pre.
                    Never folding AQ here pre btw.

Comment

Originally posted by doke View Post
                      I think any decent reg folds AJ pre to an utg raise from a nitty winning reg. I'd even fold AQ there at that point in a full ring stt rather than calling for 15% of my stack.
                      sorry, didn't see that he describe himself as nitty. Although, he may not appear as nitty as he might think.
                      Wombat, what are your v-pip/pfr stats, either actual or from the hands with villian
                      I agree it's a not a nice spot. I can't see him calling a shove with anything worse or folding anything better. I'd say if he puts any more chips into the pot, you're almost certainly toast. Like at least 99 times out of 100.
                      I agree its a bad spot, but its also straight forward. Just because a decision is easy, doesn't mean we have to like it.
                      We have 2 options, check or shove. The checking is terrible imo, he doesn't bluff weaker, takes free cards, allows him to play perfectly (pf flat aside). A shove is the lessor of two evils.

I agree that most of the villians range that we beat is not going a whole lot further.
                      But i still think its wrong to think that his range up until the c-bet/call is ahead of us,

Comment

Working...
                      X