• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spewy?

This a $30 Freezeout on ipoker
    Blinds: 100/200
    10 handed table

two villians in this hand, Villian1 has been quite spewy and is a big loser according to HUD,
    Villian2 has been quite and is very profitable player,

Villian1(8K) raises UTG to 600
    Hero (16K) calls in MP with A10diamonds (hindsight i be 3betting)
    Villian2 (10K) calls on button

FLOP: 10c Jc 4s
    Pot( 2100)

Villian1 bets 1050
    Hero calls
    Villain2 calls

Turn Ah
    Pot (6250)

Villian1 bets 2625, Hero calls, Villian2 call.

River 8d.

Villian1 checks, Hero checks, Villian2 shoves for 6k ish. Villian1 folds and i call

I was a bit all over the place in this tbh, just wondering peoples line here

I'm not too happy just flatting the turn with such a wet board, all the draws out there and villian 2 to act behind you. One of them's already hit, but I think you've got to take a chance on nobody having better right now and raise the turn.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Fold pre, UTG raise on a 10 handed table, AT is not the hand to be calling with.

Fold the flop, there are basically no good cards for you on the turn, other then a T. Even an A might fill KQ and AJ and both are in both players ranges.

Turn call is ok, I think raising probably folds out all one pair hands and draws, only worse hand that calls is JT and UTG is unlikely to have that and the button would raise the flop with two pair on such a wet board. I would plan to call off on all blank rivers.

Hating life on the river when someone shoves, not a lot worse shoves for value here with this line. Q9/97c got there, KQ got there on the turn and he'd have to be crazy to bluff shove on this board into two players. Think I find the hero fold.

Comment

Fold pre.
        Fold flop.
        Raise turn as played.
        Call river as played. Enough in pot now to make up for the times you are behind.
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Fold pre (3 betting is insane Scandi stuff, you're putting in 20-25% of the effective stack against a hand that plays awfully against an utg's legitimate continuing range and is marginal enough even if folded to you with that many people still to act), fold flop.

Loose preflop play just gets you into these awful spots, reverse implied odds and all that.
          My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Fold pre just saves you everything. As Moneymaker said A 10 is just a shite hand 10 handed. OK if you feel cocky/like a genius/scandinavian you can try something fun but jus give up pre

As played on the river the push is 6k into 12k isnt it. He could have been saving that 6k to bluff ship the river on a crazy bluff wih air or a busted flush draw. Just call now and pray...
            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

This was awful spewy i know, i was interested as to what people would do on the turn and river in this spot, fwiw when i called the shove on the river he had A10 for a chop, even at the time i thought i may have found the bottom of his range

Comment

it is spewy,

fold>call>3bet pre flop,

you have put yourself in a crap spot and don't have position and have someone to act behind you and can get squeezed out of the hand,

like your flop call is fine hu but now the last villain wil just call wide cos his odds are good,

when the turn gives you two pair, i want to shove over the villains bet to shut out the guy behind but he can just own you and call with superior hands and fold worse hands, shoving>calling though and folding is prob best,

the river for sure is fold, you beat no value shoving hands other than A8cc or JT
                http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                  This was awful spewy i know, i was interested as to what people would do on the turn and river in this spot, fwiw when i called the shove on the river he had A10 for a chop, even at the time i thought i may have found the bottom of his range
                  You did imo.

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post

the river for sure is fold, you beat no value shoving hands other than A8cc or JT
                  Neither of those hands can shove for value? wtf

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                    You did imo.

Neither of those hands can shove for value? wtf
                    i meant to say if he's bad enough, my point being that he beats nothing and a super thin shoving range they are the only hands we beat
                    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X