Last Night's 25k GTD on IPOKER - $100 Buy-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Night's 25k GTD on IPOKER - $100 Buy-In

288 entries with a starting stack of 10K. We are currently 9 handed and the top 30 are paid, 47 players remain. I'm 5th in chips with 105,376 while the villain is just behind with 93,837.99. Blinds are 2500/1250/250. Villain has only been at the table so we have nothing on each other.

I'm UTG with Ah Qd and raise to 7500, it's folded to the BTN who flat calls.

FLOP: 2h 6s Ac - I lead out with a bet of 12,500, villain raises to 27,500, I call.

Turn: Qh - I check, and he bets 38,000.

What do we do here?

As played i ship the fk out of it now and pray he doesnt show up with 66 . Any other hand you have crushed imo

FWIW i would have RR his flop bet and i would be leading the turn when my 2nd pr hits.

Comment

Fistpump, shove, do a little dance.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
        Fistpump, shove, do a little dance.
        Do a little dance, Fistpump Shove, get down tonight.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReB8c3V4-wI[/ame]

Comment

I am not fist pumping here at all but I guess you got to get it in. I mean if villain is in anyway competent its hard for him to have any worse two pair combos or worse A's.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
            I am not fist pumping here at all but I guess you got to get it in. I mean if villain is in anyway competent its hard for him to have any worse two pair combos or worse A's.

Opr
            I'm the same as this. Competent player flatting my UTG raise and then his re raise is so small on the flop. I'm very scared of AA here.

Comment

If he's a good player his range for reraising the flop should be sets. I go broke if I check prolabs/sharkscope and he shows up to be a losing player.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                If he's a good player his range for reraising the flop should be sets. I go broke if I check prolabs/sharkscope and he shows up to be a losing player.
                No way, flop is way to dry to raise a set on IMO. He doesn't want to show ott aggression here with such a disguised hand

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                  No way, flop is way to dry to raise a set on IMO. He doesn't want to show ott aggression here with such a disguised hand
                  An ace high board isn't really a dry flop, esp against an ep raise. I would be happy to take villain's line with a set or AK(altough I'm nearly always 3betting pre with AK).

What hands would you call pre and reraise the flop with?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                    An ace high board isn't really a dry flop, esp against an ep raise. I would be happy to take villain's line with a set or AK(altough I'm nearly always 3betting pre with AK).

What hands would you call pre and reraise the flop with?
                    You lose value vs hands like AT and AJ by raising a set here, you want to let them fire another barrel before you raise, hoping that they value their ace high enough to stack off.

Genuinely can't put the Villain on much other than A8-AJ here though.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                      You lose value vs hands like AT and AJ by raising a set here, you want to let them fire another barrel before you raise, hoping that they value their ace high enough to stack off.

Genuinely can't put the Villain on much other than A8-AJ here though.
                      Meh I guess villain could have the same hand as us. I do think that sets are in his range here though(even though I understand the merits of slowplaying them) and I don't know why someone would ever reraise A8-AJ.

Comment

shove pre, he'll probably fold 66 then, take it down early dude, less bad beats

Comment

Originally posted by Belgowho View Post
                          shove pre, he'll probably fold 66 then, take it down early dude, less bad beats
                          open shoving is not good 40bb's deep
                          http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'd raise less pre, about 6000. Agree its very rare he's bluffing if he's any good. It looks like 66 so much if he is good, as its such a weird spot to bluff since you raised utg and he is new to the table. Agree with Caf that if we sharkscope him and he's good I fold the turn

Comment

I don't know why you stopped the action on the turn here?
                              The flop was the real decision point imo.

Calling the flop raise and folding to a turn bet when you improve is ridic. He only has 20k behind, so obv its not a flat call.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                I don't know why you stopped the action on the turn here?
                                The flop was the real decision point imo.

Calling the flop raise and folding to a turn bet when you improve is ridic. He only has 20k behind, so obv its not a flat call.
                                He has around 65k behind after calling the flop raise ?

Opr

Comment

hh is confusing to work out effective stacks but line is great so far I'd either c/c or c/jam turn depending how much he has back but Im too lazy to work it out, I think c/c is better in most instances since his range is predominantly bloofs/cooler hands so I dont expect him to chk back hands you have coolered/have coolered u on the river so might as well get more v alue from any bloofs. Also I really dont think 3betting flop is good whoever said that as his range is mega weighted toward bloofs on this flop.

Comment

Well in the end I shoved on the turn, he threw over pockets 2s - was crippled with 12k and I was next in the BB. Managed to survive for another couple of hours however and scooped 12th place

Comment

Working...
                                    X